Forum

Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

7 years 7 months ago #74510 by SouthernDawg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74511 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Well you know.

Team was inherited. KS played all his cards to see what he had.

Next week he gets to put it into the next thing; an SEC game.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
7 years 7 months ago #74512 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
And to be clear on my initial comments in this thread, I am ecstatic to have a coach show the fire Kirby has. I just think maybe the intensity was misdirected a time or two this week and the initial way I commented may have seemed unjustly pissy due to being made in the fog of war, so to speak.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74513 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
When Georgia recruited and got #55 Dyshon Sims, there was not a louder voice on this board than mine. Truly felt that we were heading in the right direction on the offensive line.

Looking at other names on the roster receiving scholarships to line up on the offensive line . . . . ?

This might bother some but . . . .

I was also one of the loudest when we hired Tracy Rocker. There was a little bit of “jabber” during the Spring about Rocker not recruiting with a lot of spirit . . . . That died out quickly.

Our defensive line is mainly the product of Tracy Rocker. Coach Rocker has had a huge hand in building the defensive line, has to take ownership as he has been around for a while.

Think I saw Thompson wake up and show some of the “stuff” that he was “hired” for. I think he realizes or realized in the fourth quarter that “he” is the “Big Dawg”, and has to play a much larger role than maybe expected. I hope so.

Kirby Smart was true not only to himself when hired, he was true to us. He has repeatedly stated that much more is needed from the players, also mentions himself and the coaching staff. I tend to think of the place he coached and the players he coached for the past 9 or 10 years. I mentioned in another post on this board yesterday that he has not mislead us. There are always going to be UGA Fans that believe we will be “all that” every year. Not so, and as others have said in this thread, listened to that “noise” for 15 years. No thanks, I do not want to go through that again.

My thought on Head Coach Kirby Smart is still one of excitement. Those that really get into the program look at the young men that have bought into the Red and Black since Smart and Company took over. Taking a close look at the 2017 group, and now the 2018 group is showing a lot of promise.

Ugly game, there will be more of the same. I would wager that before 2016 is over Smart and Company will have a much better feel for 2017 and beyond. Nope I am not giving up, this old dawg sees some positive things.

Punter averaged over 47 yards per punt . . . . positive. Several of the kickoffs made their way into the endzone. Field goal kicker looked much better. Might be what Coach Smart said after last weeks game . . . . going to let the kickers do a little less, saying that their legs might need a rest. That is coaching.

As has been said, this is Smart’s first go as a head coach. Learned last week against UNC how to use the headphones. While in Alabama, he was solely a defensive coach. Kirby with a year or two under his belt will be able to name his price . . . . bet that.

Ugly game today, have played in a few of those myself. Bet some of you have also.

sadlerdawg you make a good point about the "fire in the belly" coming from Coach Smart. I fully understand what you mean. :)

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74514 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
For what it is worth . . . .

Apparently last week against UNC, Jacob Eason had problems calling plays in the huddle. Not all, some. Rookie.

Jacob's first SEC start, he is apparently having some problems reading defenses. Rookie.

Has been said on this board by many that all of us are aware of the high school competition difference in Georgia compared to Washington State.

Jacob Eason has practiced against his teammates, now has played in two games against the outsiders.

Offensive line in my opinion is not near as good as I thought they would be. Takes time to put together an offensive line that produces results, both in pass protection and the running game. Coach Sam Pittman made a point blank statement upon arrival . . . . We have to get bigger. Period. Small wonder that the coaching staff went after #72 Tyler Catalina, coaches knew what we would be facing.

Bet this . . . . Coach Smart understands from his time in Tuscaloosa that a "Center" is crucial to play in the SEC. I would wager that the coaching staff is busy right now trying to land that special player. That is not a knock on Kublanow, he was actually "forced" to play the center position. Center and quarterback have to be on the same page, period.

Who knows, this 2016 Season might turn out to be a "special season" that is not suggested after watching two games.

Tight End play is often mentioned . . . . today # 83 Jeb Blazevich was wide open in the end zone, and Jeb has very good hands. Jacob Eason had time and did not look in Jeb's direction.

There are some good things going on along with what I believe to be the "learning curve" that all players have to go through.

Yes, AM was a master in college at the quarterback position. Great arms are a blessing for some, as is a lot of film study and wanting to improve. Jacob Eason has a great arm, I suggest he is still wet behind his ears.

Just chirping . . . . Trying to keep our UGA Football Team in a realistic focus.

Will always say this . . . . build the offensive line, everyone in the backfield and the receivers included will look like *****Star players. Coach Sam Pittman will do exactly that.

Go Dawgs :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #74515 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
you and others have been saying it for years, Buc

O-line

sadly, we're still waiting

we've got to give Smart his time, I get that... just a bit disappointed we had wasted the past 14 years waiting for it

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds