Forum

Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

7 years 7 months ago #74613 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
Wait till next year. . . B)

I think je is going to be a good player. Just needs a little more time and experience. i wouldn't give up on him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74615 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
I sincerely hope that you did not make your last post being based on "giving up" scooby.

Makes me real happy that you think that Jacob Eason is going to be a good player. Prepares me for SEC Football, for at least three (3) years. No RSVP needed. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, scooby

More
7 years 7 months ago #74616 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

yankeedawg1 wrote: From where I sit Buc your not being ugly....

It points to competition....which makes every position

Better. That includes QB. Back to your water analogy

JE has a year to get it..... Or his review mirrors will be full

Of Jake breathing down his neck. Good for the Dawgs

yd1, most on this board did not really agree with the handling of the quarterback position, different years from the beginning up until the change of coaches.

Appreciate what these young men go through but, there has to be more than a "promise" made at any position. Smart and Company will not do that. Talent wins . . . . check Nick Saban's Natty's.

Know this, the previous head coach is coaching/recruiting the "U" players, much differently than he did in Athens.

Kirby Smart will hold every coach and player to a certain level . . . . that level depends on coaches and players.

yd1, so glad to see some "structure" in the Classic City.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, rockdawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74617 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
First conf game tomorrow will answer questions.

I am still not sure what to think after the nicholls game. I don't see line play as a "we weren't ready, took them to light" kind of thingy. They whip you a few plays and you get mad, whup them. Either nicholls played a heroic game, or it's going to be a long year.

Uga is undefeated. Believe or not, I'm pulling for them to keep rolling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74631 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
SD...

I don't think there are too many questioning KIrby.... at least not any whose opinion I give any weight.

There may be a chirp or two in the media, but the media has been butt hurt by Kirby so they are a bit biased.

The other handful I have heard are mostly the Richt sycophants and people who want to see Kirby fail for whatever reason.

Most of us, I think, are realistic about the talent Kirby was left, and will judge this years performance on that scale.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74632 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
So, scooby, not to put words in your mouth (or your keyboard), but are you saying that you think Georgia just MIGHT be only 2 points better than Nicholls State? Because if you think the Dawgs weren't just "taking it too easy" on them, I don't know what the alternative would be . . . EXCEPT that we are only that good.

And if you play THAT kind of logic, then I guess North Carolina, who whipped Illinois, must be 7 points WORSE than Nicholls - or maybe UNC laid down while playing US?!

And since Illinois lost by 25 points to UNC, then I guess they are 32 points worse than Nicholls?

My feeling is that, indeed . . . UGA merely laid an egg against Nicholls, and that the Dawgs pride (especially the O-Line, whose MANHOOD has been questioned by just about everyone, probably including their girlfriends and moms), has now been pricked. I expect our O-Line is going to play more like it did against UNC. Not only that, but I think UNC would THUMP Nicholls State, and so would UGA if they had to play again - 99 times out of 100. In fact, I genuinely believe that Illinois would probably beat Nicholls more often than not.

But you are right - if we REALLY ARE only 2 points better than Nicholls State, then we will finish the year 2-10 and CKS will be sitting on a very hot seat much sooner than a first year coach ought to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, rockdawg, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds