Forum

Cowboys coming to Athens

17 years 1 month ago #4091 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Great to be back my friend. I tried to stay away to keep my football demons at bay, but it is no use. I guess I will have to fire up the PS2 and continue my string of undefeated national championships with UGA.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4092 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
kentdaddy wrote:

I agree to a point, but nothing compares to the colorado sham. All nat. championships back in the day were subject to some crazy things. They used to give out the title BEFORE the bowls. If you lost the bowl you could still be #1.

Case in point was 1946. Other dawgs.com folks know that this is the year that sticks in my craw more than any other: Georgia finishes 11-0 with a bowl win. Army and Notre Dame both finish 8-0-1, and they split the National Championship. Georgia won the NC in only ONE POLL, the Williamson. That's RIDICULOUS. Just as I honorarily give Auburn a share of the NC in 2004, I give Georgia ALL of it in '46.

Also: Georgia is credited with National Championships in 1927 (Boand and Poling Polls), 1942 (basically every major poll except the AP), 1946 (Williamson), and 1968 (Litkenhaus). Personally I think we should have gotten a share of it in '02 as well. But at any rate, I'd credit us Dawgs with 3 NCs, '42, '46, and '80.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who every year formulates a national championship tournament even though I'm strictly pro-Bowl and anti-Tourney. This also comes from a guy who believes that the idea of a true National Champion in college football is a farce and an impossibility.

And, much as I hate it, Colorado deserves NO PART of the 1990 championship. Rapist U did not win, they were not as good as Tech, that year NO ONE was as good as Tech, end of story. Dammit, I hate saying that....

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 1 month ago #4093 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
wlayton wrote:

Then you will need to change your name to RxDawgboy.

LOL! RxDawgboy... that's a hoot!

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #4095 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
dapolla wrote:

kentdaddy wrote:

And, much as I hate it, Colorado deserves NO PART of the 1990 championship.

I'll call 'em up to see if they'll give the trophy back.

;)

Rapist U did not win, they were not as good as Tech, that year NO ONE was as good as Tech, end of story. Dammit, I hate saying that....

Have some tofu, it'll get the taste out of your mouth.

;)

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #4098 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
I think Cordell Stewart has it on his mantel. He thought it matched the drapes well. He always had such an uncanny sense of style and fashion. I never could figure it out??? I mean...he is a jock right?

More
17 years 1 month ago #4099 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Tofu may relieve you of other things as well.

You couldn't figure it out? Really?

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds