Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago #69802 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
The PR is so predictable. I think they have been on board too long and just play the same song over and over.

If I was at the press conference I would be saying "Bullshit" after every answer from MR to the trained "media partners". Reality Check: They have been demoted from "press" to "media partners of the PR dept." in this fan's perception.

Apparently the HC is just as clueless as the row when it comes to football. Too focused on reaping the cash rewards that total in the millions.

The PR goons are willing to dangle a next year draft choice in front of everybody to distract the fans. That's all they got?

So it all comes down to PR and next year. Go figure.

Hey! the Falcons are executing plays and winning!

It is yet another beautiful fall day in North Georgia. Enjoy it and Go Dawgs!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 6 months ago #69803 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

AllDawgs5 wrote: Wlayton, unfortunately KW will not be available by the time we finally make the decision. Enjoy watching him coach. His system to me is a much better fit in this conference that than a Chip Kelly. Kind of like Malzahn. Made a splash when it was new, but it isn't built to stand the test of time. Defense is so critical in our league. Chip Kelly always struggled with Stanford. Watched a very average aub defense keep that offense in check.

KW runs the shotgun spread/pistol, but he is more about establishing the run, controlling TOP, Then, I think about his wins this year. Michigan, Oregon, Cal. Hard to imagine he has more talent than any of those programs according to the "stars" system in recruiting. Believe their defense had 5 or 6 picks against the #1 rated pocket passer in the upcoming draft. KW adapts to his talent, which usually is far less than the coaches on the other sideline.

Sad part is he is a very realistic get. Most are very wishful hires, but KW would be here in a heartbeat. Bet our kids would compete. Bet if they didn't, they would be where they belong. Talking to their other buddies on the sidelines.

GO DAWGS -

Totally agree with you AD5 (always have).

Yeah, when Kelly was at Oregon, his offenses never could handle punch you in the mouth D's. Not only did Auburn's D kick their tails (Fairley lived in Oregon's backfield....he totally stiffled their offense by himself), so did LSU and like you said, Stanford (which plays like a SEC team).

Guess KW will probably head to USCw.......again UGA a day late and a dollar short. He would be a great fit at UGA. He's a D guy but obviously knows how to generate offense......he beat Michigan, which imo is a top 3 team in the country (guess we'll find out this Sat against MSU).

I've always like the more traditional, stand the test of time, offenses.....Kelly and Malzahn are too gimmicky to stand the test.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 6 months ago #69804 by Buc
Actually this is not to bash the head coach.

stevedawg you mentioned the Falcons. Made a head coaching change, along with assistants coming in from San Francisco. Smith was not a bad coach, he just was not able to "motivate" the players the way the present head coach can and does.

Alabama hires Saban, fortunes change. Motivation being one of the factors.

Ohio State brings in urban meyer, just won a NC. The list goes on and on.

Spurrier hangs it up. Regardless of whether any of us agree if he should have waited until the end of the year, he did not. South Carolina has a lot of facilities and backing that are there because of Steve Spurrier. Next head coach will not have to fight some of the battles that Spurrier did.

Bobby Bowden basically had to be carried out kicking and screaming from FSU. Result of that, Fisher wins a NC.

Muschamp made a lot of promises while in Florida. Guaranteed victory over Georgia. Did that his final season in Florida with less talent than he had the year before.

I am hard pressed to believe that Eason will come in and be all that. Sure, could be wrong, but I look at the talent that is leaving, hard to be Superman without the surrounding parts.

Public Realtions Group in Athens is entrenched and have been for a long time. Long before Mark Richt arrived.

Some folks understand when it is time to make a change. From where I sit, we are past that time and don't see any major fixes in our program in the near future.

We continue over the past fifteen years bringing in assistants from all over. We continue over the past 10 years or so of doing the same things year after year. A change is in order, proven by on field play. We have young men that are not motivated. Head coach is responsible for that.

I am sure that there will be more changes in assistant coaches, feel sure that most things will remain the same. Base that on watching our program for years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, growl, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #69805 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Yeah Buc,
I am sure there will be a sacrificial lamb or two thrown to the wolves.
Anything to keep the heat off Richt.

While I enjoy the pro set offense, players and dynamics sometimes necessitate change.
Richt's is mired in predictability.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69806 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
If you take a look at the Top 25 rankings to see who runs a Read/Spread Option Offense.

The ones who do stick with the standard "Pro-Set Offense", either have a Top Tier defense(Bama-Michigan St.) or don't really play anyone.

One of my buddies has been screaming the praises of Utah's KW for years. But unfortunately, I think we're stuck with this HC and this predictable offense. :(

Toss Sweep, Up the Gut, Quick Pass across the middle, repeat

DM<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69807 by Buc
This is covering old ground, but I wish it were reality.

averagedawg, sadlerdawg have for a long period of time suggested that Kirby Smart is the right hire.

I am on board with Kirby Smart for more than a couple of reasons. First he is firmly situated in the State of Georgia with high schools and their coaches that have no problem with Coach Smart recruiting their players. Have yet to hear any high school coach say that Kirby Smart has overstepped the boundaries of their high school and players. Takes time to build those relationships. Kirby is a proven coach that Saban would take with him anywhere he should go.

Going to play in the SEC, better have defensive lines that are capable of taking the pressure off of not only the linebackers, they are the first line of defense protecting defensive backs.

Seems we never have the total package. We seem to patch the hole in the dike, but soon another hole appears. I had hopes that the recent hirings would work together (offensive and defensive) and stop the silly recruiting tactics we have watched over a long period.

Not giving up on Pruitt/Rocker and Company, yet. Been around long enough to understand that fixing "one hole" is easy enough, repairing the entire dam is another.

At one point our head coach was a very good offensive coordinator. Don't buy into that anymore, too much time has passed and he has not been able to keep up, overall.

Still a bit confused with Schottenheimer, mainly for this reason. I have gone back done some research and he does not seem to always be the right fit calling plays for the teams who hire him. I am having a real hard time with his lack of tight end play in a offense such as ours, pro style, that has great talent.

For sure, if we don't start utilizing our tight ends, the defensive boxes are going to continue to cause "happy feet" by our #1 quarterback. Fully expect Missouri to come hard on Saturday. If we need the tight ends to stay in and block, not sure what that says about a "offensive line" that was supposed to be one of the best in D1 football.

OK, will say it. Faton Bauta with his wheels could change much of the "bad play calling" that I have seen against the two teams that have beaten us. No arm my butt. Check the film on him. Faton Bauta is like Jalen Hurd of the Vols, an absolute load to bring down. Hurts more the second and third time when you tackle him.

See where our head coach has said again that he does not pay attention to what is posted on the internet. All I can say about that . . . . maybe you should come down to "our level in the arena", might learn something.

Being from South Georgia originally, walked behind a mule, know that mules can be stubborn, as can . . . .

onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2...-ever-mark-richt-era
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds