Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69723 by stevedawg
After two disasters I say throw out the current strategy.

Let the team and coaches think outside the box. Draw the play in the dirt during the huddle. New QB rotation. Try anything.

Why? What we got ain't working so let's cut her loose and try new stuff.

It's got to be better than what we have been doing?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 6 months ago #69725 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
That's a good one steve. If you ever go on the road as a stand up comic you should open with the bit about the coaches thinking outside the box and trying something new. Not the richt way .Keep plugging at it and eventually you will face a team that is bad enough for your current strategy to work. THAT is the richt way.
Truth be told, I'm just not getting that excited for the game Saturday. I'll watch and cheer like always, but the pre game build up just isn't there for me. Repeating the same old, same old, week after week, year after year is just wearing a little thin on me.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, gillette, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 6 months ago #69732 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
They'll call for a reverse once in the first half and then talk about thinking outside the box and opening up all of the playbook.

Thankfully I will be attending my son's martial arts tournament, although they will probably have a good game. Richty usually gets the team up after bad losses have taken all the pressure off of winning the SEC, and the the injury thing has taken the pressure off even more.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 6 months ago #69738 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
What now? Who cares at this point? I'm finding it hard to get pumped up about it anymore.

I guess my expectations are too high.
It really makes my stomach turn saying that but it's true.

Is it just me or is it odd everyone that the Georgia football program continues to get serious injuries to our top players year after year? Do all of the other programs experience this?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago #69739 by Buc
My thoughts go to the fact that we bring in a player from UAB to play in the middle and call the defensive plays.

We bring in a player from Virginia to quarterback the team.

Where are the coaching staff keeping these young men that have so many stars by their names when being recruited?

Got a chuckle out of the link below even coming close to suggesting that Greg McGarity would face off with Mark Richt. Got his butt kicked the first time around, don't believe he is looking for round two.

Now I read this article that appeared in the AJC. Bill was the reporter that alerted many UGA folks to the sad condition of the rest rooms in Sanford. Bill has been a positive force for Mark Richt forever. An occasional question about coaching abilities, but the article below is not something I have read "ever" from Bill.

www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/real...average-team-at-best
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69740 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Chubb's injury was unfortunate and we wish him well in recovery.

Bill saying they are an average team. Maybe the players are an average team and need work but their coaches make them look like less than that on the field.

That is not just two losses in a row. That is two disasters in a row. A company doing that poorly would be making management changes. Change the way it is done or change to new personnel that have a better way. :whistle: MR...You have support in Dawg Nation but the QAA reports are not good. It could go either way. Here's hoping you win a few more.

2 cents

Edit: Bill still preaching "next year" with the No 1 QB. Reality check: If I were No. 1 I would be watching the games. I wonder what he is thinking? Good stuff I hope. After all he will be the starting OB for the Georgia Bulldogs.

Edit2: This showed up today in my morning devotion..
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."--Aldous Huxley

It is another beautiful day in North Georgia. Have a wonderful fall day my friends.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, averagedawg

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds