Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 7 months ago #69761 by Buc
Wartdawg, post #20 is more than "spot on", it is the absolute truth as to where we are. I totally understand that many outside of this board "think" they know the history of Bowden/Richt. All any of us on this board have to do is read the other sites. THEY KNOW NOT.

Hard not to shout sometimes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #69762 by Buc
Most here know that I read "everything". There is a reason for that, coming from where I sit.

Looked at many sites after leaving a site in Florida. Wanted to move away from NFL football to College football again.

Had a hard time with Georgia Football prior to Richt and after VD. Did a lot of reading, and truthfully liked what I saw on Dawgs.com. Saw some very dedicated posters/members that made me read for a lengthy time before coming on board.

Soon after coming to this site we got our butts kicked by Tennessee, a year that we should not have lost to them. Went through my long and lengthy first "real post". Did not know what the UGA faithful would say, but . . . . was welcomed. Never forgot that and signed on.

Several years later, still here. Sometimes since then I have had my feelings bruised, but being the old fart that I am, could read between the lines. Somehow knew that I had been accepted. One post from a member that I will never forget was from sadlerdawg. He knows what he said, and I sure as heck read and believed.

There will always be "stuff" but it does not get as deep on this board as some that I "still read".

We don't have all of the answers, but one thing for sure . . . . many on this board have been in the arena and understand it is not a good thing for the head coach to use statements that get under the skin of real UGA backers.

Allow me this . . . . The game against Tennessee, I read every post and I can appreciate the way the members handled what I believe to be one of the worst losses I have seen in UGA Football. Members not happy, had their say, never "trashed" anyone on this board. That is hard to do, but . . . . that is what I saw and read.

This is not the Pawwwwl Finebaum crowd.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg, sflanagan21

More
8 years 7 months ago #69763 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Georgia IS an average team at best. Not because of the talent, but because we're coached down to average. This is the first time in many years that I can remember not giving one s#$t about Saturday's game. Why bother? We have Joe Cox V2.0 at QB. Let Bauta start. Let Ramsey play, but noooooooo, it'll more Grayson "toss-it-up-and-pray" Lame-bert and more of the same stupid plays when he's flustered. We have beasts at tight end. Do we throw to them? Nah...Frustration is building to a boiling point now, because I wasted all my energy and excitement waiting for the season to start and this team to shine. I should have spent it getting ready for Ash and the Walking Dead.

Winning matters, coach...players. Get it? Win an SEC championship for one damned time in a century why don't you? How about a sniff at the National Championship every once in a while? I don't give a damn (anymore) about 10-win seasons and no trophy. It's sort of like dating a supermodel who won't put out. Sure, it looks good to your friends, but only YOU know what's really (not) going on. Win something, damnit. Run up the score on somebody. Blow somebody worth a crap out. Beat a top 25 team more than once every two dozen tries. Be a contender. Frustrating. Frustrating.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 7 months ago #69765 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
I agree this has been a well thought out thread

Many excellent points put forth.....Mizzou come calling

Looks like Jenkins will be out with a groin pull

Night game ......have no clue what team will show up

For us..... I do get a sense of voodoo hovering over our

RB's when we visit UT......weird....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 7 months ago #69766 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Here is what makes me the most upset about all of this:

I am a dyed red Georgia Bulldog, and nothing can change that now. It is part of who I am.

I grew up watching those Dogs, and fell in love with the red and black... the Junkyard Dawgs, Erk and even Vince. Pre-Herschel.... hell, pre Robinson and Goff.

but if I had seen back then what I see now, it might not have worked out that way. I may have been flying colors other than the red and black today. I may have spent some years in a town other than Athens.

I am not proud of "this", and it goes way beyond just the win/loss column. I've lost before, but sometimes it's how and why you lose and Richt, there is NO excuse for you over the past several years.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 7 months ago #69768 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Wartdawg, I hear ya man. My wife cried for about 20 minutes after Chubb went down and I held back my tears. I've been a Dawg fan since I was 9 years old thanks to Hershel Walker and obviously for many years as a young kid and a young adult the losses didn't bother me too much. That all changed in the early 90's and I became a die hard Dawg fanatic and that obsession of UGA has grown every single year since then!

I'm very competitive and being mediocre year in and year out is a hard pill to swallow for me. But every single year I get excited like we all do and I set aside the BS that I've witnessed the year's before and I make myself believe that this is our year, how could it not be with the talent we recruit every year I ask. Because I'm so connected to the game I can pick out things that I know are going to be exposed by better coaches and teams. But I'm so loyal that I keep thinking that the high paid coaches have to see what I'm seeing and they will get it corrected. Nope, as long as richt is at the helm it will never get corrected because the truth is he REALLY doesn't care like most of us do.

You know I wish richt could somehow see what a day at the Flanagan house is like on game day. We are up at 6am dressed in our Dawg gear from head to toe. I'm so freaking excited I have to either hit the gym or find a pick up football game to partake in if we have a late game. My lovely wife starts cooking at 6am and we have snacks of some sort on the table all day long. About 30 minutes before kickoff the house gets quite and the excitement starts to kick in. The passion that is put into watching our Dawgs play win or lose is exhausting to say the least. No matter what the outcome is we are always on edge! I wish richt could witness just how much us fans love and care for the team that he is in charge of. Maybe then he would stop cheating us...

I was so disgusted on Saturday that I really wanted to burn all of my Dawg gear and never watch another game for as long as I live. I turned off the TV as soon as the game ended and didn't watch another game all day. Sunday came around and I rode my down hill bike on one of the best trails in the U.S and that helped wash away the pain, confusion and sorrow from Sat. Last night I tossed and turned trying to make sense of it all. I woke up this morning very early and watched the game from start to finish again but this time in silence. So many mistakes were made in that game that is was mind blowing to me. What's not mind blowing to me though is that our HC really doesn't care! I don't know the man personally but I've watched him closely for many years and winning anything that ends in "ship" does NOT matter to him in the least!

Sorry for the long rant fellows...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, Wartdawg, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds