Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago #69823 by Buc
AllDawgs5 understand what you are saying perfectly.

AM had the attention of those he played against. There is something to be said for a player with his talent (mental).

Defensive coaches could see that simple zone coverages were not going to win against AM. It was a beautiful thing to watch him move defensive backs, move them where "he" wanted them to be.

One of the ways that defensive teams tried to neutralize AM was not and should not be accepted in football. Cheap shots like Auburn and Alabama put on AM. That happened with more teams than the two named. But those two were totally off the page the way they went about it. Have to say this . . . . Rocker was the defensive line coach for Auburn and he was all in for what his player did, not once, several times.

Will add this. If AM had the offensive lines that Alabama often has, he would have been beyond the praise that he still gets for his college play.

That is one of the reasons that I am in Faton Bauta's corner. AM said after he graduated that Faton understood the playbook as well as he did. Can't speak to that, but I believe that is one of the main problems that the 2015 squad is having a problem with. Both on the sidelines and on the turf. Agree with you about pass first often. Bothers me that a very talented player like Faton Bauta is wearing "ear muffs". There is a place for "brains" in college football. I watch Rodgers for the Green Bay Packers and although he has a very good arm, his brain is and will continue to win football games at the highest level.

Enjoying the reads, as you say, can't get this "stuff" elsewhere.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69824 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
I walked into the gas station this afternoon and the clerk was talking with a customer about MR. Heated conversation but both were in agreement.

It included talk about him like you see on this board although they were not aware of it. Main thing was he has been on a free ride for too long.

Street talk getting busy on MR. Apparently a lot of folks are angry, disappointed and want a HC change

OMT. They were NOT discussing the IPF or the QB for next year. They were pretty clear it is about the games we are playing NOW..

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 6 months ago #69829 by Buc
Interesting article from Bernie.

sadlerdawg, phrase sound familiar?

But from my view outside the arena

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2015/10/schotty...ing-out-lambert.html?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69830 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

AllDawgs5 wrote: I am going to leave Lambert alone at this point. I think at times he has been solid. I don't understand our passing scheme. He has had his bad moments for sure, but don't really see many open WR's. Clearly the kid throws a really nice deep ball, or has to this point, and we don't take enough shots with them. We do not do a very good at creating space for the most part. Not blaming it on WR's because I don't think they are utilized in the current scheme. Godwin, is not you typical prostyle WR. McKenzie, nope, Michel nope. How many screens have either of them caught this year? Crossing routes? I can't remember many. These guys are not built to go's, deep outs, 15yd digs. We just do a very poor job of creating winning matchups in the passing game IMO.

I am definitely not against changing something up though. I don't necessarily want a Dobbs type guy. We are the only defense that has made this guy look good. Rumor had it, he was on his way out of playing had the offense sputtered like they had all year. Seems to be a reoccurring theme. QB's look awful until they play us.

KW, would be considered a spread guy. Think there tends to be a lot of confusion about exactly what a spread is though. We line up in the spread quite often. Now, we are not a zone option/read team. Have no problem with the spread, not a fan of the zone option, fast paced, don't care how bad we lose the TOP. To me, just won't work throughout the course of season in this conference.

Lot of good reads on this board.

GO DAWGS

The Read/Spread Option won't work here in Athens or just in general? Ohio State won their NC with it as did Auburn(Scam Newton). Oregon up til this year has been bumping the top, along with Ole Miss, Miss St. and Texas A&M.

Picture this(Pre-Chubb Injury)...Faton Bauta with his wheels get his shot with Sony Michel and Chubb. While sometimes using Chubb in a "Wild Dawg" sitiuation. You're telling me this wouldn't work ???

DM<
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69832 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

Buc wrote: Interesting article from Bernie.

sadlerdawg, phrase sound familiar?

But from my view outside the arena

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2015/10/schotty...ing-out-lambert.html?

Good catch, Buc.. And like the article, I've been saying for years this offense needs to be run oriented. It's frustrated me for years how the pathetic loser and bozo would always pat themselves on the back for being close to 50/50 on run/pass plays, almost like they were achieving a sought after goal by doing it. I've thought this offense, with the RB studs and depth we've had the last few years, should be leaning more towards 70/30.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
8 years 6 months ago #69833 by Buc
Another scary thought for me.

Watched some of the Missouri/Florida game early this morning.

Tigers defensive front and linebackers are active.

Someone had better get their head together in the punting game. Looking for the pressure to come. Force short kicks can be almost as effective as blocking a kick. Has to do with this thing called "momentum".

Could be the right situation that sadlerdawg mentions above.

No different than others, might watch more film, but do draw my conclusions based on what I see. See meaning what UGA does and does not do on the field. Always try and look at next weeks opponent. Tigers will come hard against Lambert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds