Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago #69817 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
I am going to leave Lambert alone at this point. I think at times he has been solid. I don't understand our passing scheme. He has had his bad moments for sure, but don't really see many open WR's. Clearly the kid throws a really nice deep ball, or has to this point, and we don't take enough shots with them. We do not do a very good at creating space for the most part. Not blaming it on WR's because I don't think they are utilized in the current scheme. Godwin, is not you typical prostyle WR. McKenzie, nope, Michel nope. How many screens have either of them caught this year? Crossing routes? I can't remember many. These guys are not built to go's, deep outs, 15yd digs. We just do a very poor job of creating winning matchups in the passing game IMO.

I am definitely not against changing something up though. I don't necessarily want a Dobbs type guy. We are the only defense that has made this guy look good. Rumor had it, he was on his way out of playing had the offense sputtered like they had all year. Seems to be a reoccurring theme. QB's look awful until they play us.

KW, would be considered a spread guy. Think there tends to be a lot of confusion about exactly what a spread is though. We line up in the spread quite often. Now, we are not a zone option/read team. Have no problem with the spread, not a fan of the zone option, fast paced, don't care how bad we lose the TOP. To me, just won't work throughout the course of season in this conference.

Lot of good reads on this board.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69818 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
AD5, it seems to me Lambert only looks at his 1st read and if open, then fine but if not he either checks down or panics.

I posted earlier where I saw 7 different passing plays against BAMA and on each play (ariel view) there were TWO receivers wide open......a few across the middle 15+ yards down the field and 2-3 deep patterns the WR was 4 yards behind the DB (few others in flats etc....one Michel was five yards down the field and nobody within 10-15 yards of him). It showed in the pics where Lambert forced some throws to his 1st read and never saw the others really WIDE open.

Imo, for the most part he has enough time to check at least two reads if not three....he just seems to get anxious to get rid of the ball.

Tried to post those pics but couldn't cut and paste them.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69819 by Buc
Have me thinking again AD5. Solid read again.

We just do a very poor job of creating winning matchups in the passing game IMO.

Felt like BMac returning this year to take over the receivers was going to be a plus for us.

Have mentioned Tre Nixon several times, know that McClendon is/has worked hard to get Tre to consider us seriously. Also know that Schottenheimer has been involved in visiting with Tre Nixon. That to me is encouraging.

Allow me this, mean no harm. Many indications are we (UGA) have been working maybe harder on the 2016 recruits than some areas of our current team. Some talk about that down my way.

AM often worked out of the spread, different variations, and there are many, not telling you anything. AM could read defenses better than any quarterback that I have seen wearing the Red and Black. Believe that is one of our problems that cannot be fixed overnight. Might be that Eason will fit that mold, hope so. (Reading defenses).

Still stand by the one area that has to be constantly worked on, offensive line. Tennessee dared us to throw, good call by their coaches. Can't say with any knowledge that Rob Sale will continue what others have started, but I do know that there are some very good offensive linemen listening to him. Can't ask for much more than that.

You and many others on this board know that sometimes it is more difficult to get the coaches on the same page with each other than getting the players there.

One more thing that I believe in is a kicking game. I still have problems when it comes to that during our games. Really thought that we were set up to play Alabama in most areas, did post here my largest concern against them was the kicking/punting game.

EDIT . . . . wlayton you said . . . . AD5, it seems to me Lambert only looks at his 1st read and if open, then fine but if not he either checks down or panics.

Watched the second half of the Tennessee game this afternoon. Quarterback was looking at his primary on many plays and not a second look. Did see the right tackle #75 get beat more than once, not a good thing. Especially when beaten cleanly and coming full load.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
8 years 6 months ago #69820 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
For me the season has been ruined . . . but not because we lost to 'Bama and Tennessee. It's ruined because of HOW we lost to both teams. It's one thing to absorb an early season loss or even two, but when you lose in the MANNER we did in both games . . . it's time to move on.

Unfortunately, Richt has too much equity in Athens. He's got at LEAST another season, and maybe even two. The years are starting to drag on now.

Buc posted an article by Bill King that was HARSH for King. Of course, as a Richt sycophant, he was still giving too much credit.

Fire the whole lot and start over. You can probably guess who I'd like to see in Athens.

Anybody but Richt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
8 years 6 months ago #69821 by Buc
thriller, heard this from one of the talking heads, pertaining to our head coach being removed.

Person said that he was in Athens recently and the Athletic Director, President and the Row said point blank that they have no thoughts on doing just that.

thriller, again not trying to be ugly. For far too long football hierarchy involved in Georgia Football will do nothing as long as the cash register(s) remain full. That is not Earth shattering news, had been said many times before. Another thing to be considered . . . . the newly created SEC Network likes what they see, and they can and will use a baseball term . . . . play hardball. Not telling you anything.

One more thing, Public Relations Group will be all over the $30 million dollar Indoor Practice Facility. That will be a huge "cover" for a disappointing 2015 Season, will also give them breathing room in 2016.

Sometimes I think too much change has come to college football thriller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 6 months ago #69822 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Buc, AM really developed into a very special player. I think what set AM apart was preparation. He new tendency. Going to tie this into what Wlayton said, because both of you guys are on it. The last 2 years under AM was IMO the best QB play that we will ever see in Athens. You guys nailed both reasons. Starts with knowing what you are seeing. AM did that. He saw coverage rolling to his 1st option. Saw it early, going to bet before the snap many times, and new exactly what progression to move on too. Know what you are seeing, and knowing where to progress too are critical. You don't usually have enough time to progress past 2 in the pocket. Hard typing exactly what I am trying to say but point is this. You may have 4-5 in route. You see something telling you 1 is covered, but you have also seen 2-3 will be as well, so you go straight to 4. Hope that makes sense.

Don't want to sound I am against QB's running. Nothing to do with QB's on our sideline, but for me, I want a pass 1st qb. Then, make a play when you have too.

Wlayton, will agree. Lambert is very shaky in the pocket. IMO, O-line has pass protected pretty well. Especially in the bama game. Can only think of one missed assignment in the pro set in that game. He is not comfortable in the pocket.

GO DAWGS- really good stuff

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds