Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago #69769 by Buc
sf1, maybe not LONG ENOUGH. Thanks, time has come, but now we find out if it is the 4 or so million each season or . . . .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69770 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
I've seen articles and comments several times that state we are so disappointed because we set our expectations too high.

Let me ask this:

Is It setting your expectations too high to expect a top 5 money program that recruits top 10 classes every year to actually play like a top 10 school?

Is it setting expectations too high to ask a program like that not to win every game, but just not to embarrass themselves by not looking like they belong in the same conference?

Is it setting expectations too high to expect a program like that not to blow 21 point leads against bad football teams, or get beaten by Vanderbilt?

We get 3 complete gimme' games a year, and that doesn't include Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

This program should fall out of bed and win 7 games every year.

Something else I read a lot is a bunch of fans of other SEC schools talk about how we're fools if we get rid of Richt. Funny how all of our enemies practically beg us to keep the guy. I bet Saban hopes he never leaves as well. Spurrier has a bad team this year, but you can bet he too doesn't want us to change a thing!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69771 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Well one things for sure we are saddled with richt for a while because he has to much pride to walk away and their is no one with the balls to fire him at UGA. I do have a suggestion for shotty's play calling. I think he should put all the plays in a hat and draw them out at least he want be so predictable. It sad that even a ordinary fan like me can geuss what coming next. I was expecting so much more from our D this year and even made excuses when we were playing scrubb teams that they were able to move and score on us because we were letting young pups play to get experience but I believe that our secondary couldn't cover anybody if they had a tarp by they way who is their position coach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69772 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
You can almost tell by formation what we are going to do. You can definitely see what is going on with our checks.

We pretty much telegraph exactly what we are going to do, and quite frankly we don't seem tough enough to just line up and beat people when they know what's coming: We're not exactly Lombardi's Packers.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69773 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
It's hard to not look at what could be in the next few years with the talent coming in and get VERY excited, but even an overly optimistic guy like myself thinks richt will figure out how to waste all of that talent we are getting in 2016. So I won't even look that far ahead right now (but I really hope Nixon commits).

On to Mizz... I would love to see Faton Bauta get some meaningful snaps in this game for the mere fact that he deserves it! I know that's not going to happen but I can wish for it. Marshall should have been utilized more against Tenn, that's on you Shotty and just plain DUMB that he wasn't. Maybe Shotty learned (prolly not) and Marshall will get more touches, Is Douglas hurt? Nope, but for some reason we can't figure out when and how to use him. I can think of many situations that we would benefit from using him. Anyways I hope to see a lot but I no I want.

On to our D, can we please learn to tackle this week and stop trying to dodge being hit? It's freaking football you are going to take some hits that aren't going to feel good. So man up, wrap up and make some solid tackles. Keep learning young guns in the secondary you will get there. Still a lot of improvements need to be made on D but I haven't giving up on Pruitt and company yet.

In general I hope the boys can fight back and bring some pride and heart for the rest of the season! Win or lose I will tune in every Saturday like we are playing in the NC game and I will root for the DAWGS until the day I die!

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 6 months ago #69774 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Boy, I keep reading the posts and feel like I'm looking in a mirror. Long time dawg fan, lived through the late VD, Goff, and Donnan days. Was excited when we got Richt, and for five years or so, they were fun to watch. They played hard, overperformed, and always got "lucky" when they needed it.

The fun has gone. They are painful to watch, not fun. I feel like kicking myself for saying it, but I think short term pain would be for the best.

So Coach, keep calling those plays. Keep playing our inconsistent, can't-play-with-the big-boys QB, keep making sure no one is responsible for special teams, keep making excuses for those boneheaded plays, and keep calling them.

Lose to MO, lose to FL, lose to AU, and lose to the gnats. Maybe by then, everyone will have figured out that it's not fun anymore, that it's painful to watch such talented players lose to mediocre teams, and just decide it's time for a change. We can only hope. It beats crying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds