Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago #69834 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Reservoir, I am not saying there is absolutely no way it could work for a year or 2, but long term, no it won't. Believe you kind of made my point. As I said, we line up in the spread formation often. As does, Ohio St and the others you named. Ohio St is different. They did win the NC, but it was with a pass first QB. Very few zone reads/Option with Cardale. He did have some nice scrambles, but they weren't designed. That's what we need more of. Making a play when things aren't there. Believe Bauta could handle that. Buc mentioned Rodgers. Great example. Pass first and then make a play. Believe he was their leading rusher Sunday. Running the option read with Miller/Barrett believe they suffered their only loss to a team that finished 6-6 in the ACC.

Ole Miss, and A&M kind of make my point. Fun to watch, but you will continue to have bad losses. Ole Miss 25 to uf. A&M look like world beaters one year, and the next barely make a bowl? You better make sure you have a Heisman winner because when you don't, typically hasn't gone well. Aub, A&M, and Oregon all very good examples.

Michel would do well in a zone/read scheme. Believe it would not be a good thing for Chubb. He is in the exact style of offense he needs to be in. Unfortunately, our offense has an operator error.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ReservoirDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69835 by Buc
All of my adult life I have enjoyed really good "one liners". Just read another one.

AllDawgs5 posted . . . .

Unfortunately, our offense has an operator error.

sadlerdawg posted some years back . . . . paraphrasing . . . .

Not understanding the arena, said to us by our head coach. Spoke in terms of a gladiator against peons.

While it might not be something posted that some agree with, at this time the "shoe fits".

There are some very good posters here that post from experience.

Steve has been around for a while and his board opens up with the following lead in . . . .

Dawg Talk by Seasoned Georgia Bulldog Fans - Football, Golf, Baseball and all UGA sports.

Sometimes we have to be careful when posting, can come back to bite us in the butt. Has happened to me . . . . more than once.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
8 years 6 months ago #69837 by Buc
Often Kimberley Nash is not just good, she is very good. See where the AJC has carried her thoughts and facts recently.

Where Kimberley differs from many of the beat writers, fears not. Speaks well and to the point. Nash is good for Georgia Football.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football-um-say-what-now/

More
8 years 6 months ago #69838 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
My take on the zone read spread offense in college. It will work with tremendous success as long as you have the right personnel with speed in the right places. You need a fast QB with a high football IQ and a passer mentality. Imagine Deshaun Watson at helm with Michel, Mitchel, I Mac, Mashall, Godwin, Blaze and Harris. There is never enough speed and endurance on D at the college level to be able to stop a fast paced read option offense for 60 minutes if it's ran right. What I do agree with is that I would no doubt want a passing QB like Watson so I could always keep the secondary honest. Georgia and Florida is the breeding grounds for HS athletes that can forever run the read option. It's ran by almost every HS in Georgia in some variation...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #69839 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

Buc wrote: Often Kimberley Nash is not just good, she is very good. See where the AJC has carried her thoughts and facts recently.

Where Kimberley differs from many of the beat writers, fears not. Speaks well and to the point. Nash is good for Georgia Football.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football-um-say-what-now/

That points to leadership and coaching.

PERIOD.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69840 by Buc
Below is a good look at the Tiger defense.

Edit . . . . Apparently the video will not come up. Missouri defense looks ready to play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds