Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago #69775 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
We could have used Marshall or Douglas in the backfield more and moved Michel all over the field a lot more like we had originally game planned. Nope though as Richt panicked, pulled Sony into NC's role and just abandoned the Michel game plan that had worked all season.

Just plain craziness.... we lose our #1 back and you would think Douglas and Marshall would get A fair amount of touches. Nope... we totally abandoned a big weapon (Michel all over the field) and tightened up like Dick's hatband.

Of course... anyone else in that situation and facing a game getting away from you would break out every weapon in the vault. We do the opposite and go conservative, conservative, conservative, chunk it downfield.

Chubb put Richt under pressure, and he handles pressure like a diabetic handles cotton candy.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69780 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
We go through this every year and I'm surprised recruiting hasn't taken a major blow.

If I was a highly recruited athlete, I wouldn't sign for Georgia.

Another question. Why is it that we have so many top players getting injured?

I think we'll start seeing a slump in recruiting and that's the serious consequence of losing these types of games. Again, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69781 by Buc
sflanagan21 mentioned above wanting Tre Nixon to sign on. Incredibly gifted athlete, both mentally and physically.

Knowing a little bit about Tre Nixon, think what is happening under Mark Richt will insure he takes his talent to Penn State. BMac put in a lot of travel time and serious recruiting efforts to get Tre to sign on. This is the type of thing that sometimes causes assistant coaches to look elsewhere. I said that.

Folks I firmly believe that Richt has sacrificed the 2015 Football Team, looking forward to Eason.

AJC has been covered up with copy about Eason. Bet this . . . . high school football in Georgia and surrounding Southern states plays on a much higher level than Eason participates in.

From where I sit, the offensive coaches in Athens can take their "strong armed quarterbacks" and . . . .

Give me players that will get down in the dirt when the time comes. There is more to playing "any position" on the team than being "swooned over" by coaches that basically protect them. I might be a 2 star athlete according to the talking heads, but as a 2 star I recognize "deer in the headlights" and I will win that battle time and again.

Douglas is one in my mind that fits into that mold.

rockdawg mentioned tight ends. My end tightens up when I look at the way these players are not being used. Shameful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69784 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
After thinking more about the game, I have come to the conclusion that we must have watched no film, or very little film on ut. ut defense is awful against the deep ball. Horrible. We throw 3 fly's, 2 for TD's and 1 that could have been. Bowling Green continually abused ut with the deep ball. My question is why did we only challenge them vertically 3 times? Also, I am crazy, or did CBS say something about Terry Godwin reminding him of Tavon Austin? Doesn't seem like he is being used the way we were led to believe, or the way he needs to be used. May get him the ball quickly in space, tunnel screen, now, jet, something to get him the ball in space. Speaking of space, did anyone happen to notice the uncovered slots. By uncovered, Michel lines up in the slot to the field side, and the closest defender is a DE inside the hashes. Safety over top was 15 yd deep. We had a chance to get Michel the ball in space, a lot of space, and we hand it off to the short field. Just laughed and watched it happen 2 series later. Could go on about our offense, but won't. Dumbfounded.

Guessing defensive staff didn't do much either. We don't cover well. Why do we continually drop into coverage and rush 4 only when we should know by now we do not cover well. What happened to the WAM blitz we used to use with Herrera and Wilson? Seem to remember ut have quite a bit of trouble protecting the double A as long as OLB's contain. Oklahoma sure did wreck havoc with it. We did it a whopping "0" times. How much better have our much to do OLB's gotten? So many preseason clippings to read. Guess there wasn't actually time to work. Just saw a very weak,inexperienced line in ut eat their lunch. Stopping here....

GO DAWGS - Atleast we won the President's Cup USA!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69785 by Buc
Looking around and came up with the video below.

Speaking for myself to players like Greg Pyke.

Please understand that over 90% of the "chatter" that is coming from UGA football fans is not pointed at the players. I leave 10% open because there are a couple of players that I believe should not be starting.

I have problems with the overall coaching.

Example. We were told in the practices prior to the season starting that our offense would not be short of "imaginative play calling". Richt did say that not much would change. After watching the first five games in 2015, I see nothing "imaginative" about the play calling. I believe the players could do more if asked to do so. Again it appears that Richt is running the show, and to this point, has hired a clone of himself.

Spurrier knew every year he would face the same UGA offense, regardless of the quarterback, with maybe the exception of AM. If a team had watched one UGA offensive game plan, pretty much that carried over to not only the next game, but the next season.

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/10/13/watch...cking-out-the-noise/
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69787 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
AllDawgs5, like you I was dumbfounded with what I saw when I watched the game again. And like you I could go on and on with what I saw that we should have capitalized on but for some reason we didn't. I'm sure we all could write paragraph's after paragraph's on what we saw but our coaches couldn't but personally I have better things to do right now.

Buc, Nixon is all that man but you're probably right he will more than likely end up at PSU. As you know I never hold back when it comes to QB talk and I'm not sure if you've noticed it or not but I haven't made many comments on Eason yet. It's obvious that the kid has a cannon and other skills. But like you I look at his film and see the weak competition that he plays in and I think hmm... I was never ever sold on Ramsey in HS because of his arm and I will leave it at that. But with Eason he brings a few other special attributes and one is his football IQ. With that being said I still think he will be in for a BIG surprise when he plays in the SEC and realizes just how fast everyone on D really is. But I do think he has all the tools to be a very high caliber QB at UGA.

Now the guy I'm big on is Bailey Hockman. I'm not going to get too excited on him right now because a lot can change with him over the next year and half plus but the kid is SPECIAL! I will stop right there with Hockman...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds