Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago #69796 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Buc, I remember those conversations well. Believe we are seeing how valuable CWF was. You called it at the time, and believe you nailed it. Not necessarily knocking Sale, but seem to missing the nastiness CWF demanded.

At the time, I defended CMR, I wasn't totally convinced either way. I could see while he remained. I was wrong. Lesson learned.

Average, couldn't agree more. Nothing to do with wins and losses at this point. We saw 2 Saturday's ago where we are as a program, and that is nowhere near championship caliber. Bama turns the ball over 5 times against ole miss, has one of the bounces that ended in a TD, and a missed penalty that resulted in an ole miss TD, and they only lost by a TD I believe. They didn't bring their A game, and yet they still found themselves fighting, and dang near pulled out a win. We don't have our A game, and we don't know how to keep competing, from a coach and player stand point. Every coach is good when things are going their way. The great ones have prepared their team to compete when everything is going against them. We are nowhere near that. Hate we will probably end up losing BMac, Ekeler, and TB. To me, those are the only ones earning pay checks.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, averagedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69797 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
AD5, totally agree with you about Whittingham and he would come to UGA in a NY minute.

Great results oriented coach....seems to be very organized, disciplined with focus on details.

Sky's the limit with him and our talent.

USCw after him now.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
8 years 6 months ago #69798 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Wlayton, unfortunately KW will not be available by the time we finally make the decision. Enjoy watching him coach. His system to me is a much better fit in this conference that than a Chip Kelly. Kind of like Malzahn. Made a splash when it was new, but it isn't built to stand the test of time. Defense is so critical in our league. Chip Kelly always struggled with Stanford. Watched a very average aub defense keep that offense in check.

KW runs the shotgun spread/pistol, but he is more about establishing the run, controlling TOP, Then, I think about his wins this year. Michigan, Oregon, Cal. Hard to imagine he has more talent than any of those programs according to the "stars" system in recruiting. Believe their defense had 5 or 6 picks against the #1 rated pocket passer in the upcoming draft. KW adapts to his talent, which usually is far less than the coaches on the other sideline.

Sad part is he is a very realistic get. Most are very wishful hires, but KW would be here in a heartbeat. Bet our kids would compete. Bet if they didn't, they would be where they belong. Talking to their other buddies on the sidelines.

GO DAWGS -
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
8 years 6 months ago #69799 by Buc
Continue to go back and look at what our coaches have to say. Same for the players. I do know that there is a "closed lip" thing going on in Athens. Happened to Ramik Wilson and it was profound enough coming from our head coach that he got the message across.

When Seth Emerson replaced David Hale, wondered if Seth would be the same caliber reporter that David was. Recently, have said it on Dawgs.com, after Seth left the Macon Telegraph/Columbus Ledger began to wonder.

Looking around for video from our head coach, watched Seth in the top right hand corner not saying much, he was even fiddling with the table that Mark Richt was posted behind. Wondering why I did not hear more from Seth. This group of beat reporters understand what they have to do, be what the establishment in Athens requires them to be and do when being with Mark Richt.

The video rocks along with nothing being said, and at the end the question is asked and the head coach lets those from the AJC and other media places understand that there is not an open space for challenging his rule.

News for you Mark Richt . . . . act as you did with a "totally vanilla presser" and at the end the AP steps up and asks a question that you don't "allow", you should not be "ashamed" you should be "excused". That was wrong, and I appreciate the way the AP reporter handled your "stuff".

Call it like it is . . . . Candy Ass Press Corps.

Don't want to go through the "usual stuff of a Mark Richt press conference" go to the 14:55 mark on the video.

Wartdawg, going to post some of Bobby Bowden's pressers at the end of his time in Tallahassee. Maybe we will get lucky. FSU did, and it took Bowden 5 years after his removal to return to the university that took care of him as well as he took care of them on the football field.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #69800 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
I realized 30 seconds into that video that I have no
interest in listening to anything Mark Richt has to say.

Whatever it is, I've heard it before. Hard work blah blah.. players need to execute better, blah blah, no lack of effort blah blah. I'm sure that about sums it up.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69801 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Richt is lucky I am not a reporter asking him questions. I would be completely professional, but he wouldn't like the questions I would pose at all.

Of course though I would only get the one shot at it. With the way things work around Athens, I would never be given press credentials again.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds