Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 7 months ago #69749 by Buc
As a retired board member, understand that I have more time to "look and listen around the world of football than some".

The podcast that I listed above, is first off interesting. Then when I get deeper into the podcast, brings me back to reality.

They are talking about "stuff" that this board has discussed for several years. Also, I question the validity of those that have not played the game to be so "expertise" sounding.

When Seth Emerson first started with the Macon Telegraph/Columbus Ledger, thought he would be a breath of fresh air. Emailed him and said so.

Really miss David Hale, Seth Emerson took the vacated position that David had. David Hale hired by ESPN is a straight talking reporter. Miss him a lot. Now realize that we (UGA) lost a straight shooter.

Notice the AJC is looking around and trying to, at this point . . . . blend in with those that have been in the "arena".

This board is to be appreciated, why . . . . we are several years ahead of those that work for the AJC and sit in Butts-Mehre. What they are bringing to the table now is at least 5 years late on Dawgs.com.

Missouri is better than some think. gators beat them 21-3, something like that. gators are a very good football team.

Add to the above . . . . Gary Pinkel is a "real D1 Head Football Coach". Would I buy into Gary Pinkel taking the helm of the Georgia football program . . . . bet that. Not too hard to imagine what Pinkel could do with the talent that walks the campus of UGA, year after year, after year.

Yes there are coaches out there that could improve our program from day one. McElwain has proven that thus far. Going to get worse with the present head coach . . . . lack of Leadership. At one point Richt smiled when asked about Spurrier throwing his visor . . . . head coach of UGA picking up on some habits that he thought were "funny" a while back . . . .

Kirby time to come back to Athens. Realize that you will not as long as McGarity is the Athletic Director. Can't blame you for that. Athletic Director in Tuscaloosa allows those that know the game to run the football program there.

Difference in winning and . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #69750 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Don't think this has been posted, if so, sorry about duplicate.

Will Grier of UF just got suspended for the year for PED's.

News to me wlayton. WOW!

One thing for sure wlayton, there has been a huge change in the coaching in Gainesville.

McElwain scares me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #69751 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

Buc wrote: Going to ask what I believe to be a fair question or questions.

Why did our head coach throw his headset to the ground at the end of the Tennessee game?

Another question. Who was he mad at?

Another question. Was he mad at his hand picked coaching staff or the players?

If I was sitting in the Butts-Mehre presser room, I would ask those questions.

If things are so bad after winning the first four pushovers, what is his plan to correct what is going on under his command?

What I heard from our head coach prior to the 2015 Season was this . . . . the offense is not going to change much, changes will be in the terminology. Reason for that is we have hired a coach from the NFL that believes in the way we have operated in the past.

What I saw happen in Knoxville is what I have witnessed in years past, under different assistant coaches. Leaves me with one answer to the questions I have asked above. Any guesses?

Wartdawg said this in another thread and I am totally on board with what he said.

Head Coach Bobby Richt.

Buc, believe CMR threw his headset because he thought like the broadcasters that with 6 seconds left, there was going to be a 10 second runoff from that penalty, didn't have a time out left and wouldn't get that final play (not a runoff because the clock was stopped prior to penalty).

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago #69752 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Here's to hoping that Chip Kelly is ready to come back to college football and that our AD has enough sense to pay him whatever he wants...

As long as richt is our HC I have NO faith in our program I don't care how many stars Eason has next to his name or how many studs he helps bring in.

Who knows what's going to happen on Sat. I have never in the 34 years of being a Dawg fan wanted to see our team lose but if it helps to get richt fired then...

More
8 years 7 months ago #69753 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
Great to hear from you AD5.

Have to agree, KW would be a great hire.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 7 months ago #69754 by Buc
sflanagan21, there does come a point when those that run our program have to begin to understand that all any of us want is to be . . . . COMPETITIVE. With that comes the "goodies".

AllDawgs5 said that a little differently, and I am in total agreement that it is not just championships, has to do with, maybe using the wrong word, PRIDE.

My thoughts are our head coach does not view the past few years the way many of us do, and the group is growing.

Fifteen years is a long time, and now looking at the 15th year, we are 2 and 2 in the East Side of the SEC. Comes a time when the program needs to look at the many different assistants over the years and truthfully, not much has changed. Leaves me with the same thought you have, maybe a bit differently, but truly understand what you are saying.

Add this . . . . We are getting talented players from the State of Georgia that we were not getting a short time back. I know as many of you folks do, it takes time, but the talent level in Athens has been around for many years.

Good point wlayton, sometimes I become a bit fuzzy and it is hard for me to see the forest for the trees.

Go Dawgs

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds