Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 5 months ago #63988 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic WOW !!!!......
Makes me angry too wartdawg; especially in light of the numerous others who have been arrested for you know, breaking the actual laws of the land, not the laws of the bigoted NoClueAthleticAssociation.

Regardless, I still hope TG is the bigger man & chooses to don the Red & Black for 3 last home games & maybe 2 more big games after that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63989 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic WOW !!!!......
I agree.... actually.

Pay the penalty. Prove you are man enough to not only admit a mistake, but that you are willing to pay the price and then still try and to live up to the commitment the University of Georgia made to you as well as the one you made as
a part of this team.

What I said earlier was just the anger talking but it was a sentiment that needed to be expressed, and it was
cathartic for me to get it off my chest.

'Cause really.... someone does need to just give the NCAA the finger.

Personally I think they know the end is near and that this garbage would not stand up in court if challenged (this is already being proven)... Yet even knowing they are on the very wrong side of this particular rules issue, not only do they continue to enforce it... they continue to enforce it in such a punitive and superfluous manner that it's obvious it's motivated by things other than maintaining the integrity of the phrase "amateur athlete".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, GooseDawg78

More
9 years 5 months ago #63990 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic WOW !!!!......
Wartdawg posted . . . . Personally I think they know the end is near and that this garbage would not stand up in court if challenged (this is already being proven)... Yet even knowing they are on the very wrong side of this particular rules issue, not only do they continue to enforce it... they continue to enforce it in such a punitive and superfluous manner that it's obvious it's motivated by things other than maintaining the integrity of the phrase "amateur athlete".

Emmert is on his last leg. Not just the Gurley thingy, much more than that on his 1.7 million dollar a year plate. Emmert trying hard to get aligned for his next stop. Three universities and now the NCAA, can't imagine him involved in any way with college athletics. I have recurring thoughts of his lack of leadership in the Miami incident. One where the "donor of the dollars" is now in prison. Emmert made an absolute ass of himself in that entire matter.

Supposedly there are rumblings that are growing louder that Ole Miss is being looked at closely by Emmert and his underlings. Will be interesting to see how that turns out. Sorry, Emmert is in the game for his own reasons, reasons that will require he leave the NCAA.

At some point the Ohio State mess will come back to the forefront, and for damn sure Emmert and his group were up to their elbows in that "back room deal". Don't have to go into the Southern California thingy, the NCAA showed just how powerful they think they are.

Truthfully, would like for someone to enlighten me on why Emmert makes a 1.7 million withdrawal yearly from revenue derived from players like . . . .

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63991 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic WOW !!!!......
If UGA hadn't done what they did as quick as they did, there's no doubt in my mind that "bunch" would have suspended him for the season.

Really like the idea of TG signing more autographs but wait until the season is over and send one to Emmert.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #63992 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic WOW !!!!......

wlayton wrote: If UGA hadn't done what they did as quick as they did, there's no doubt in my mind that "bunch" would have suspended him for the season.

Really like the idea of TG signing more autographs but wait until the season is over and send one to Emmert.

Just when you send it to him, send it like this:

To Mark, Up yours, jackass.
Love, Todd Gurley,

...and send it with an invoice for $20

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63993 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic WOW !!!!......

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: If UGA hadn't done what they did as quick as they did, there's no doubt in my mind that "bunch" would have suspended him for the season.

Just when you send it to him, send it like this:

To Mark, Up yours, jackass.
Love, Todd Gurley,

...and send it with an invoice for $20

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is so dang funny.....HILARIOUS..... :laugh: :laugh: I can't stop laughing :laugh: :laugh: oh, that is so perfect, thanks WD, haven't laughed that hard in awhile (hmmmm, sitting by myself laughing out loud.... :unsure: :unsure: ). He DOES need to do that WD....then when Emmert sends him the $20, stiff him.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds