Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 5 months ago #64020 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Just read,.....
If the appeal goes against #3 and he has to sit 2 more games and do the charity/40 hour deal I say no, turn pro get an agent and some front money, hire the best damn attorney and sue the NCAA and leave your mark by making the LANDMARK CASE that does AWAY with the NCAA. The College Football equivalent of Curt Flood...somebody has/is going to do it may as well be #3

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64022 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Just read,.....

NC_Dawg wrote: that the appeal will be heard by a committee different from those that rendered the "verdict" on TG! Should know later today if there was any success. Likewise, I also read where TG provided "full disclosure" regarding the amount of $$$ received, which involved "multiple" memorabilia dealers. The NCAA rules are clear, given the $$$ figure. The only potential hope lies with the fact that said autograph "rules" will change, as early as next year....I won't be holding my breathe!

After much thought and deliberation I DO believe there is ONE scenario that might just TG just cause to return for the AllBarn game. That scenario involves beating both UF and UK...If we remain on point and in control of the east, I believe TG would be compelled to return and make the most of the little season he has left, particularly with those last three games all being played in Sanford. If, however, we stumble, even once,....

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

Good get NC_Dawg. WOW!

A different "group" looking at the ruling, of course Georgia did appeal, so . . . .

Appears to me that the NCAA has its collective a$$e$ in a crack. Even on appeal, one would expect the "good old boys" to stick together.

Over rule the ruling . . . . where does that leave Emmert and the original ruling. Hard to believe that there is any "in fighting" going on in Indianapolis, if so, we are about to see "big time changes" by those that have "raped" the colleges for years, under the guise of "a level playing field".

When I see or hear Emmert speak, reminds me of Penn Wagers. Both seem to have this "thingy" about the University of Georgia. Some situations with both of the above named always seem to have bad results for the Red and Black.

Wartdawg, you said it well, very well.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64024 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic WOW !!!!......

Buc wrote: Question.

If you were Todd Gurley at this point what would you do in this current situation?

No squirming, direct answer. If's don't count.

Come back and play for the remainder of the season. Yes/No

I will start. No

Yes. If I committed to UGA, I honor my committments.

Besides...paint the picture, how does TG just walk away and quit the team?? That shows zero character to me plus how would the team respond to that?

Besides, simply buy a $10mm insurance policy. That's what it is for.....he'll be back.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #64025 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic WOW !!!!......
Maybe he can trade some autographs in order to pay for that $10mm insurance policy....

Oh wait... that would be an NCAA violation. I'm sure he'll look into that though as soon as he
gets the time between class, practice, and the 40 hours of community service he has to put in.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GooseDawg78

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64026 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic WOW !!!!......

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote: Question.

If you were Todd Gurley at this point what would you do in this current situation?

No squirming, direct answer. If's don't count.

Come back and play for the remainder of the season. Yes/No

I will start. No

Yes. If I committed to UGA, I honor my committments.

Besides...paint the picture, how does TG just walk away and quit the team?? That shows zero character to me plus how would the team respond to that?

Besides, simply buy a $10mm insurance policy. That's what it is for.....he'll be back.

SPOT ON wlayton! I give it less than a 1% chance that Gurley does NOT return to his team, but I ain't Todd Gurley...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64027 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic WOW !!!!......

Wartdawg wrote: Maybe he can trade some autographs in order to pay for that $10mm insurance policy....

Oh wait... that would be an NCAA violation. I'm sure he'll look into that though as soon as he
gets the time between class, practice, and the 40 hours of community service he has to put in.

Man, you're cracking me up... :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sure there is already a policy in place but doubt it's $10mm....simply up it.

My understanding from "my guy" is TG and CMR have talked and he's committed.

Now I'll bet if we lose to UF or UK, that's a different conversation....

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds