Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 5 months ago #64010 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
if there is a shot at playing for the SEC and national championship. I say he plays if not it's not worth the risk. 40 hrs community service what a joke.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64013 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic WOW !!!!......

Buc wrote: Question.

If you were Todd Gurley at this point what would you do in this current situation?

No squirming, direct answer. If's don't count.

Come back and play for the remainder of the season. Yes/No

I will start. No

NO, I would not Buc.

It's easy for us to sit here and talk about how we would because we are not the ones who literally have
millions and millions of dollars on the line. We think we can be objective and still say that we would take
something that I guess is supposed to be the moral high road, but I'm not convinced we would answer this question the same from the outside looking in as we would if were Todd Gurley on the inside looking out.

Plus, the NCAA's punishment that included 40 hours of community service is capricious and inappropriate. Anyone
that would say that the NCAA's punishment which includes such total BS was fair... is a jackass. Yes... as Buc likes to say "I said that".

So No Buc.... As a fan I would say Yes I would come back to the red and black and, but honestly... I probably wouldn't do that if I was actually in TG's shoes.

What I would do however is announce my plans to not play at the collegiate level with a lot of press coverage, and I would unleash a verbal assault on the NCAA the likes of which has never been heard before. I would then vow to use my soon to be star status in the NFL to support student athletes who are willing to challenge this bunch of chicken **** would be wanna-be Machiavellian goons that use their suits to exert the power they always dreamed about when they were being stuffed into lockers while in high school. I would probably find a way to include some comments about Mark Emmert's scandal ridden past when he was chancellor of Connecticut and LSU, and the many
inconsistencies from the neo-Nazi enforcement wing of his corrupt organization.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64014 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Looking a little closer at the current situation and letting go of a small portion (not much though) of the total hatred and disgust I have for Emmert and the NCAA, I have developed a slightly calmer outlook since yesterday. Slightly.

If we were looking at Missouri, Arkansas, Florida and Kentucky without Todd Gurley, and we had not yet played any of those teams, I would fear Missouri the most, followed by Arkansas, Florida and then Kentucky. I think Missouri is the best of that lot, though a good argument could be made for Arkansas based on their performance against pretty good teams.

My point is this: with or without Gurley, we should (SHOULD . . . that is . . . SHOULD) beat the STUFFING out of Florida and Kentucky. I didn't say WILL and won't say that. But looking at all of the facts available, I can't come to any other conclusion. Florida sucks, and not just because I hate them. Kentucky worries me more, but not by much. I think Florida is better, but a jacked up Kentucky can ruin your season.

Assuming Gurley actually decides to ever play another down of college football, I think we will handle the next two games with relative ease. (Stop your flame throwers RIGHT NOW - I said RELATIVE. I also said THINK. That is permitted.) Then we head into Athens against Abuurn with a rested, healthy, and (hopefully) FIRED UP Todd Gurley with a MOUNTAIN-SIZED-I-DESERVED-THE-HEISMAN chip on his massive shoulder.

So while all of this SUCKS, and could wind up costing us dearly, it could also provide motivation and a little SPARK.

I know this . . . I would LOVE to post on some Florida site, gloating about how we smashed the Gaytors with our 3rd and 4th string RBs. If what I think is going to happen actually HAPPENS . . . there will be GLOATING . . . oh yes . . . there WILL be gloating.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64015 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic WOW !!!!......

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: Question.

If you were Todd Gurley at this point what would you do in this current situation?

No squirming, direct answer. If's don't count.

Come back and play for the remainder of the season. Yes/No

I will start. No

NO, I would not Buc.

It's easy for us to sit here and talk about how we would because we are not the ones who literally have
millions and millions of dollars on the line. We think we can be objective and still say that we would take
something that I guess is supposed to be the moral high road, but I'm not convinced we would answer this question the same from the outside looking in as we would if were Todd Gurley on the inside looking out.

Plus, the NCAA's punishment that included 40 hours of community service is capricious and inappropriate. Anyone
that would say that the NCAA's punishment which includes such total BS was fair... is a jackass. Yes... as Buc likes to say "I said that".

So No Buc.... As a fan I would say Yes I would come back to the red and black and, but honestly... I probably wouldn't do that if I was actually in TG's shoes.

What I would do however is announce my plans to not play at the collegiate level with a lot of press coverage, and I would unleash a verbal assault on the NCAA the likes of which has never been heard before. I would then vow to use my soon to be star status in the NFL to support student athletes who are willing to challenge this bunch of chicken **** would be wanna-be Machiavellian goons that use their suits to exert the power they always dreamed about when they were being stuffed into lockers while in high school. I would probably find a way to include some comments about Mark Emmert's scandal ridden past when he was chancellor of Connecticut and LSU, and the many
inconsistencies from the neo-Nazi enforcement wing of his corrupt organization.

Wartdawg got this right. The correct answer is NO. If I was Todd Gurley Senior, he would never play another college down. Marcus Lattimore was very similar, and look what happened to him. It only takes one cheap-shot artist to burn million$. The only thing I would add to Wartdawgs opinion is that in addition to my unabashed verbal assault, I would also engage in an unabashed LEGAL assault for, among many other things, violating my CIVIL RIGHTS. I'd at least get good legal advice and consider that.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64016 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Just read,.....
that the appeal will be heard by a committee different from those that rendered the "verdict" on TG! Should know later today if there was any success. Likewise, I also read where TG provided "full disclosure" regarding the amount of $$$ received, which involved "multiple" memorabilia dealers. The NCAA rules are clear, given the $$$ figure. The only potential hope lies with the fact that said autograph "rules" will change, as early as next year....I won't be holding my breathe!

After much thought and deliberation I DO believe there is ONE scenario that might just TG just cause to return for the AllBarn game. That scenario involves beating both UF and UK...If we remain on point and in control of the east, I believe TG would be compelled to return and make the most of the little season he has left, particularly with those last three games all being played in Sanford. If, however, we stumble, even once,....

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 5 months ago #64017 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Just read,.....
Another consideration that would keep me from returning if I was Gurley is Auburn's defense's well known history of proudly committing cheap shots. Now we all know Gurley is a man, but as has been posted before, it just takes one cheap shot to cost millions...

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds