Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago #63976 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic WOW !!!!......

Wartdawg wrote: Move on is right.

If he plays again for us, he does... if he doesn't, he doesn't.

One thing I am not forgetting here is that while the NCAA is a corrupt power hungry pile
of hypocritical hippo dung
.... Todd Gurley did this to himself and the team, knowing full well it was a violation.

Gnash all the teeth we want, wear your discontinued "Free Gurley" shirts.. cheer like mad if he's ever on a field again for us, call me names for daring say things like this instead of portraying him as an innocent victim.. whatever, but that is a fact.

Gurley was special....., but Chubb is far from ordinary. We win and lose not based on this one
player.

Yep, at the end of the day TG did it to himself and the team.

I read an article by Stephen Garcia (ex-QB at USC, now a sportscaster). He said that ALL bigger named players sign autographs for money.....ALL. He even went on to say he knew a player (wouldn't divulge the name though) that took in $160,000 in one year signing memorabilia.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63977 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic WOW !!!!......

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63978 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic WOW !!!!......
Just read the article on the results and it stated "multiple years from multiple people."

Imo, he's lucky they didn't suspend him the whole year. UGA's quick response in handling this situation is what kept it to 4 games.

Just beat UF and UK, get TG back and make a big time run at this thing!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63979 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic WOW !!!!......

wlayton wrote: .....get TG back and make a big time run at this thing!!

Not gonna happen! The appeal is a face saving gesture from UGA's AD...Nothing more than posturing! Likewise, I've little doubt that all the "players" involved knew the extent of the evidence. They took a 2 game shot and fell short...Over, done and unfortunately,...gone!

Yes, I completely agree that Todd carries a tremendous amount of culpability. He admitted as much, which PROVES to me the value of his maturity! Nonetheless, TG is a high priced commodity whose stock is rising at the next level. If you are hopeful he'll once again don his jersey to play against AllBarn,....I suspect you'll be an unhappy camper soon...

Time to move on?...Perhaps in terms of the season and the full support of the team going forward, but there is a cancer in CFB that requires excision!

GO DAWGS!....

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63980 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic WOW !!!!......
In case anyone misunderstands what I'm saying when I say "move on" . . .

I'm still supportive of Todd Gurley, and if he wants to come back and play against Abuurn, fine. We can use all the help we can get.

However, at this point I would advise him to go pro. We've lost to a bad football team with him, and we beat some decent teams (better than Florida, anyway) without him. To play now is to risk a "Marcus Lattimore" type of injury. He can't win a Heisman. His draft stock is simply not going to improve, no matter what he does from here out. But that draft stock can sure drop - just ask the aforementioned Mr. Lattimore (who is getting a shot with the 49ers . . . good luck!).

So to echo Wartdawg . . . if he plays again he plays, if he doesn't, he doesn't.

I still think we've got enough horses in the stable to take care of business.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63981 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic WOW !!!!......
Just rest Gurley see you in Athens against all-burn I say he will be there!!!

Gurley is a competitor if he can play he will he loves Georgia an wants to win a championship. ;)

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds