Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 5 months ago #63982 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic WOW !!!!......
As a fan I would love to see TG play whatever games he has left. But if I was him I wouldn't. Running backs don't last long in the NFL.

Stay healthy and get the money you deserve, without being penalized for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63983 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic WOW !!!!......
I certainly won't argue all the logical points being made but I think TG loves UGA, hates what he did to his team mates and will show he cares and the type of young man he is by coming back and helping them make a run at the SECCG and final 4.

We lose to UF....now the scenario changes....TG may declare then. Then there's no incentive or motivation to play anymore. Would like to think he has enough character to play regardless.

Uh, I understand the money thing.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 5 months ago #63984 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic WOW !!!!......

wlayton wrote: Yep, at the end of the day TG did it to himself and the team.

I read an article by Stephen Garcia (ex-QB at USC, now a sportscaster). He said that ALL bigger named players sign autographs for money.....ALL. He even went on to say he knew a player (wouldn't divulge the name though) that took in $160,000 in one year signing memorabilia.

Oh without a doubt. I don't doubt that at all. I don't even doubt that there's an unwritten don't ask/don't tell code amongst dealers that participate in the practice.... which is why Bryan Allen is an extra smarmy pile of
you know what even within the already smarmy world of memorabilia.

I still support TG as well, but mainly I support the UGA football team and all of the players still eligible
to wear the G.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #63985 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic WOW !!!!......

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: Yep, at the end of the day TG did it to himself and the team.

I read an article by Stephen Garcia (ex-QB at USC, now a sportscaster). He said that ALL bigger named players sign autographs for money.....ALL. He even went on to say he knew a player (wouldn't divulge the name though) that took in $160,000 in one year signing memorabilia.

Oh without a doubt. I don't doubt that at all. I don't even doubt that there's an unwritten don't ask/don't tell code amongst dealers that participate in the practice.... which is why Bryan Allen is an extra smarmy pile of
you know what even within the already smarmy world of memorabilia.

I still support TG as well, but mainly I support the UGA football team and all of the players still eligible
to wear the G.

Never any doubt about your sincere attachment to UGA, Wartdawg.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #63986 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic WOW !!!!......
The more I think about the NCAA ruling, the more angry I get.

Anyone who has read my posts understands that I hold TG responsible for doing something he knows was against the rules, and I don't excuse him for that...... BUT

BUT, this ruling by the NCAA is ridiculous. Okay... give him the 4 games, but 40 hours of community service?

What... like picking up trash on the side of the road while wearing an orange jumpsuit?????

Hell people.... we've got college athletes who have actually been arrested and they are not being treated
like a petty criminal the way Gurley is..... Then we of course have all those that just lie and deny that
keep right on playing under the NCAA's upturned pig noses.

As much as I want to see TG on the field again for UGA, if I were him I would tell the NCAA to go take a flying leap, ass first, off of Mount Gofukyaself. I read somewhere this morning that he should just go set up a table outside of Sanford and sign autographs for $20 a pop. Amen to that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #63987 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic WOW !!!!......
TG has to lie in the bed he made...no doubt about that. I just hope he chooses to stay the course & to stay loyal to HIS university & fan base. Take it like a man, practice hard, stay hungry, & show up at the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry ready to open up a big ol' can of whoop @$$ on them wartigersplainsmen!

More
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds