Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago #63866 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic I suspect,.....
So I've read several places today that Bryan Allen admits Gurley only gave him a one time payment of $400, and he
thinks TG should be reinstated.... and regrets what he did.

I guess the fellow actually regrets one thing.. words have consequences and he isn't happy trying to live
with them. His story now is a far cry from the claim that Gurley had done this with others and had received
thousands upon thousands of dollars.

Sorry there Mr. Jackwagon, but I don't think too many UGA fans are now going to pat you on the back and say
job well done. If what you're NOW saying is accurate, then what you said before was an outright lie.
Oh and your regret? Guess you'll just have to live with that and you can take all the talk about how you
admire Gurley and never wanted any of this to happen and shove it so far up a dark place that 3 bull gayduhs
couldn't pull it out.

That's all I have to say about that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, Buc, ogredawg, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63872 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic I suspect,.....
Wartdawg posted in #145 . . . .

I guess the fellow actually regrets one thing.. words have consequences and he isn't happy trying to live with them.

Great come back to a "slime dog" not a true Bulldog.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63908 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic I suspect,.....
Consequences - It may or may not be related, but Allen was fired from his insurance job shortly before his
massive change of heart (and story).

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63936 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic I suspect,.....
A little more optimistic after reading what Emmert said in the paper this morning.

He was comparing the handling of the Gurley/Winston situations by UGA and FSU....here's what he said:

"From the facts that we know today, publicly, Georgia's behavior has been commendable,"..."They, apparently, saw something that concerned them, and they dealt with it directly and their athletic department seems to have handled that very appropriately."

Article also said FSU has allowed Winston to play where we haven't and that distinction is not lost on Emmert.

Btw, the NCAA's board meets Thursday.......hmmmm?

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
9 years 6 months ago #63937 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic I suspect,.....
What that story (the Emmert comments) means to me is that the enforcement committee will stall on Gurley until Thursday, at which time they will impose a 4 game penalty. UGA will respond the next day with an appeal, which will be heard next week. If we lose to Florida, they will reconsider the 4th game and reinstate prior to Kentucky (as it will be too late for TGII to help). If we beat Florida, they will leave the 4th game in place.

Remember though - the penalty is not LIMITED to 4 games. The NCAA can opt for more games if they want to. We may not have him back until Charleston Southern or later.

On the other hand, the thin sliver of an optimist in me thinks UGA may have already gotten word that he's clear and just not announced anything, intending to keep Muschimp guessing.

But I ain't holding my breath waiting for Gurley to be freed. I hope Sony's shoulder is feeling a heck of a lot better by Friday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63938 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic I suspect,.....

thriller wrote: What that story (the Emmert comments) means to me is that the enforcement committee will stall on Gurley until Thursday, at which time they will impose a 4 game penalty. UGA will respond the next day with an appeal, which will be heard next week. If we lose to Florida, they will reconsider the 4th game and reinstate prior to Kentucky (as it will be too late for TGII to help). If we beat Florida, they will leave the 4th game in place.

Remember though - the penalty is not LIMITED to 4 games. The NCAA can opt for more games if they want to. We may not have him back until Charleston Southern or later.

On the other hand, the thin sliver of an optimist in me thinks UGA may have already gotten word that he's clear and just not announced anything, intending to keep Muschimp guessing.

But I ain't holding my breath waiting for Gurley to be freed. I hope Sony's shoulder is feeling a heck of a lot better by Friday.

You are probably right....hope your optimistic view comes to fruition. Maybe CMR does know but the NCAA wants the limelight in announcing Thursday. :unsure:

CMR's statement about SM "possibly" playing resonates with me though....if he thought TG was coming back I don't believe he would even consider dressing SM out until he was 100%.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds