Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63344 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .
I asked my UGA guy if he knew much about what is going on with FB and here are his comments:

"I get the sense that Ramsey is the guy the coaches expect to be the next quarterback. Many think he is going to be a Stafford-type of player. I think he’s still got a long way to go in understanding the offense and learning how to read coverages, but we’ll see. I think the coaching staff sees Bauta as a backup player. Maybe they develop a package for him in the red zone. However, I don’t expect him to ever be a starter unless it’s due to injury."

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63345 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: I apologize, but I should have been a little more clear. As for having to change the system.. I saw the Clemson reference, and that was my thinking to the running QB. That type of system would cut down on the carries by Todd.

I can't tell you why Faton isn't getting to play. I don't know. My guess is he does. I would also think if he truly felt he was getting the raw deal, he would have already transferred. Like I said, I wish the kid nothing but success. He sounds like a very good one.

I am up for trying anything at QB.

GO DAWGS

AllDawgs5, the one play that Bauta ran, turned to go to the huddle, he did a double take and came off of the field. My heart skipped a beat, could feel the pain that he was feeling.

While on the pro style thingy. Anyone on this board ever hear of "Fran the Man". Now is the HOF and his arm strength was not on a parallel with many that have worn the Red and Black. I know how I played and coached the game, will say it again. Anyone that has participated with the pads on know this to be true . . . . Some players are "all that" in practice, same players come game time . . . . don't have to go further, if you played you know how that ends.

AD5 you said . . . . I am up for trying anything at QB. I am 100% with you in that way of thinking.

Edit:

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63346 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Back in the day I saw Fran play and he spoke at our church group once. I was about 13.(I lived 20 miles from Athens then) First motivational speech I ever heard. Good one too.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 6 months ago #63347 by Buc
Steve, Fran was a spirited man. Both on and off of the field.

Fran drove Norm Van Brocklin nuts when he was drafted by the Vikings. The "Dutchman" did not like quarterbacks with "wheels". Been going on forever, and some have been very successful, Fran one of them. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63348 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Buc, correct me if I'm wrong but when UGA beat AU to win the SEC back in I believe 1959 it was 4th down and FT drew up the play in the dirt during the huddle. He rolled to his right and threw it all the way back across the field to Bill Herron at the goal line on the far left side of the endzone.

FT was fun to watch....

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63349 by Buc
wlayton, now we are getting back to a time when football was a different game. You are so right in your post. If you have not seen the link below, believe you will enjoy the history. Guess it backs up what I said earlier about Fran the Man and the Dutchman.

www.dawgsports.com/2013/4/17/4234648/loo...-title-clincher-1959

More recently there was this. Fran Tarkenton loves the University of Georgia, and . . . . speaks his mind.

content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/...orgia/1#.VDWen7MtBjp

Not to start anything, but there has been a lot of things said here that Fran Tarkenton agrees with. Never know who is "peeping". :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds