Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63332 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Adding #10 to the equation to me is no brainer. Our running game is our strength even CMR is saying that but they still stick with #14 and Ramsey #2 with Bauta on the outside looking in.

Like you said Buc this game Saturday is going to tell the tale. I really think that we are going to come out passing the ball to try and force something just to prove a point...why do I think that well...because all they are talking about is how Mitchell is back, how good he looks and how he can stretch the field...no matter that Conley can stretch it, is all about who is coming back...hope I am wrong and we run it down Mizzous throat....but in this coaching staffs thinking they want to do the unexpected or opposite of what Mizzou is thinking...all about being "cute"...from the way CMR is talking him and Bobo have no discussions about the plays or offense schemes...read several statements by CMR about he has not "talked" to Bobo at all...just confounds me he takes a back seat now and is less hands on then he was 6-7 years ago when we were very successful...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63333 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
What do I think?.....I think you already know.....but to answer your question, your analysis is, as usual, spot on....

However, it's been a decade since we had anyone under center with "wheels" and he wasn't nearly used in the manner he should have! THAT should have been a barometer for the future forecast of the anointed one....So many signs we ignored in the early years because we were winning and he WASN'T DoNut!!!

I would LOVE to see Bauta in the gun, but I suspect that, or anyone like Bauta, will likely NOT happen as long as the Dynamic Duo on O remain in the Classic City.....

Tight game on Saturday....No predictions from this old Dawg....I suspect the seal on the Patron will be broken early....

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63334 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

DAWGtm wrote: I do belive we are missing the boat with FB. If I was him I would find a team where I could showcase my talent and when he does it will show again how our coaches are narrow minded and not able to develop a players natural talent. Just look at the QB on the plains

P.S. I'm not at practice to see what HM does there but seen what he does in a game. IMHO he gets rattled to easy. I don't think he can handle being the man. Some are leaders others are not.

I think as long as we run the pro style offense, FB is a square peg in a round hole....we aren't remotely close to AU's offense.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63335 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Since I posted the above, watched both Richt and Pinkel discussing what needs to be done by their respective teams.

Pinkel pointing out that gap control by the defensive front is a primary concern. Not a lot of coach speak on his part, knows what "should" be coming from all indications looking at Georgia offensive film in the first five games. Gave our offensive line some credit, I agree with that, especially comparing the offensive line of the last couple of weeks to prior efforts.

Going to try and be sensitive in my comments about Richt.

Mark Richt was quick to point out that Maty Mauk has "wheels" and is very effective. Showing concern that Maty Mauk will have to be taken seriously. Also mentioned that Mauk's ability to run puts pressure on the defensive backfield, including linebackers. Really?

Sorry, once again I see "stubbornness" showing its ugly face.

With the pass rush that Missouri has shown to be very effective at, where does that leave us if as ogredawg mentions, we come out throwing?

Try to be careful with this comment. If Hutson Mason cannot throw effectively, does not appear to be a running quarterback, what is it that we are getting accomplished? For example, if Ramsey has a gun, Bauta has wheels, both know the playbook, trying hard to get a grip on "what I don't see". This is not meant for big time controversy, it is simply trying to figure out the best way to win Saturday's football game.

Seem to remember Faton Bauta having a huge Spring Game. At that point he was thought to be the #2 quarterback. Fast forward, what has happened to change the thinking at the quarterback position? Has Ramsey improved that much? Have Bauta's talents declined that much?

One more question. Wonder what the game with Clemson would have looked like at the end if Watson had been allowed to play more? Clemson started the season much as we did, quarterback that had been around, not playing and starts the year as #1. Coach for Clemson made a move, not worrying about "promises" and maybe some "favoritism". Clemson plays Louisville this week, wonder what grantham thinks about facing a quarterback with wheels? Did Clemson's chances improve with the quarterback change? Soon we will know.

For those that don't like this kind of post, don't get pp'd at me, I have done this kind of analyzing for years. Way before I came to this board. Have not always been right, for sure, but I do post what I think I see. Have never and will never be one not to speak up. Ain't me, and ain't what several others on this board do. Not for a posting war, it is believe it or not to look for improvement. At present, not satisfied, especially at the way our quarterbacks are being "not used".
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, ogredawg, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63336 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .

wlayton wrote:

DAWGtm wrote: I do belive we are missing the boat with FB. If I was him I would find a team where I could showcase my talent and when he does it will show again how our coaches are narrow minded and not able to develop a players natural talent. Just look at the QB on the plains

P.S. I'm not at practice to see what HM does there but seen what he does in a game. IMHO he gets rattled to easy. I don't think he can handle being the man. Some are leaders others are not.

I think as long as we run the pro style offense, FB is a square peg in a round hole....we aren't remotely close to AU's offense.

Guess my question is this . . . . Why did we recruit Faton Bauta. Mark Richt and Mike Bobo are totally committed to the Pro Style offense, and then they do what . . . . have Sony Michel and Todd Gurley taking direct snaps.

Might want to check the link below.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2027979-geor...s-spring-game/page/6

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63337 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

Buc wrote:

wlayton wrote:

Guess my question is this . . . . Why did we recruit Faton Bauta. Mark Richt and Mike Bobo are totally committed to the Pro Style offense, and then they do what . . . . have Sony Michel and Todd Gurley taking direct snaps.

Might want to check the link below.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2027979-geor...s-spring-game/page/6

I don't know Buc, maybe they were thinking "Shockley" when recruiting him etc.

Something is keeping FB on the sidelines. We aren't privy to what's going on everyday in practice but......something's amiss.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds