Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63308 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Agree with ya AD5 Pruitt and his staff still have alot to prove. We will just have to agree to disagree on Bobo and the offense...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, AllDawgs5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63309 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
AllDawgs5 you and I have had some serious chats that go back several years. This last post you made puts a smile on my face. We covered Mark Richt from a much different angle than some are doing today. Know you some, know ogredawg some, both are in the "game" for the same reasons.

Have to say this . . . . Both of you stand your ground, don't believe that to be anything other than the type of folks that post here. I don't feel "hate" coming from both sides, see two men that care deeply about Georgia Football, and with that improvement. Will always agree with your comments on fielding a defensive team that produces.

I believe that Pruitt came in at a time like Will Friend faced. The defense has been treated in my opinion as a second fiddle part of our team, and you are more than right when you say Mark Richt does not understand that side of the ball. Will always agree with that.

Ole Miss doing well, defeated Alabama. Thinking back to their recruiting efforts and the talent that they pulled out of Georgia and Florida. In my opinion much of that happened because we did not have direction coming from the top.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63313 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Buc, I couldn't agree more. I have no doubt Ogre is all in. Everyone is.

I think Mike Bobo had to grew up on the big time stage. Most coaches don't start being a coordinator at the top. They take their lumps in the minor leagues, and then hone in on their craft. Mike Bobo has done that. He does some things where I get totally pissed. He has some bad calls, bad games. I watch a ton of football as well as I am sure many others do. I watch play calling, and have been dumbfounded all the time with calls. That goes for Sumlin, malzahn, spurrier, you name it. They have done some very ignorant things.

Take aub for instance, everyone raves about their rushing attack. Why? because it is different. Is it anymore productive than what we have? No. Is it flashier than what we do, sure. The media falls in love with the, how fast they are moving, the motions, how few of secs between plays, the billboard play sheets, etc.. At the end of the day, 250 yards rushing and 2 TD's is 250 rushing and 2 TD's.

To me, CMB grew up when I started hearing things like "Aaron told me what he saw and thought would work, and that is what we did", or "Todd told us some plays he was comfortable with, and we went with it." Too many see that and say, see, CMB is not even coaching, Aaron is, or Todd is. They are missing it to me. Some times the best coaching is listening to what those "working" for you have to say. Mike Bobo grew up when he started listening to those actually in the arena, wearing the armor.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63315 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

bulldawg36869 wrote: "Hmmmmm......the only stat that really matters is the SCORE.....45 per game and, uh, RANKED 5th in COLLEGE FOOTBALL
'
I don't totally agree with this statement and here's why.

Sometimes our offense scores too fast ( a good problem to have) or just get 3 and outs. Until UGA gets enough defense depth to be at least 2 deep if not 3 deep It is always going to leave the D weak and vulnerable.

Before any smart azzes say what do you want for Gurley or Chubb or Michel to fall down instead of scoring- the answer is of course not but sometimes the D needs to rest and time to make adjustments.

I posted a few years ago look at the teams that usually score a lot and fast and none of them have finished undefeated and many times are barely above .500. Look at Mike Leach's teams , Texas Tech, Houston in years past, Tulsa a couple years ago and the list goes on.

We need big plays of course but sometimes a few 4-6 minute drives, whether they result in a score or not, is a break the D needs.

No team should NEED to score 45 points to win, and the only stat that matters is won-loss record.

I understand but there is no perfect scenario and never will be so just score. A tired D should keep a team under 45 points for crying out loud.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
9 years 6 months ago #63316 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: Your stats do nothing but prove further points for the most part Ogre. If we are 82 in first down success and 98 in pass plays over 50 yds. How quickly can we be scoring? My guess is not at blazing speed. Sure we have popped a few big runs, but that for the most part comes late in games. Also, could be wrong, but usually our D gives up early scores unless we are playing Troy and Vandy.

Again, it always the same old thing. Production doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is CMB is having success, and the hatred you developed for him early in his OC career is all you remember.

No worries, I will shut up. I am sure Bobo will have a bad game, or a bad call. You will get on, beat your chest and say "see". The only problem I don't think people realize is that every OC in the country has bad games. They happen. Some understand, some don't.

GO DAWGS

Yep....logical and realistic....thanks. B)

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63318 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: Buc, I couldn't agree more. I have no doubt Ogre is all in. Everyone is.

I think Mike Bobo had to grew up on the big time stage. Most coaches don't start being a coordinator at the top. They take their lumps in the minor leagues, and then hone in on their craft. Mike Bobo has done that. He does some things where I get totally pissed. He has some bad calls, bad games. I watch a ton of football as well as I am sure many others do. I watch play calling, and have been dumbfounded all the time with calls. That goes for Sumlin, malzahn, spurrier, you name it. They have done some very ignorant things.

Take aub for instance, everyone raves about their rushing attack. Why? because it is different. Is it anymore productive than what we have? No. Is it flashier than what we do, sure. The media falls in love with the, how fast they are moving, the motions, how few of secs between plays, the billboard play sheets, etc.. At the end of the day, 250 yards rushing and 2 TD's is 250 rushing and 2 TD's.

To me, CMB grew up when I started hearing things like "Aaron told me what he saw and thought would work, and that is what we did", or "Todd told us some plays he was comfortable with, and we went with it." Too many see that and say, see, CMB is not even coaching, Aaron is, or Todd is. They are missing it to me. Some times the best coaching is listening to what those "working" for you have to say. Mike Bobo grew up when he started listening to those actually in the arena, wearing the armor.

GO DAWGS

Truthfully I was one that had problems with the comments from Todd Gurley to Mike Bobo. Looked at it from a different perspective, think sometimes that comes from watching earlier calls. Things tend to compound themselves, often. You made a make sense comment. Still po'd about the arena statement. Hard one to shake.

Much is being said about the Missouri defensive line, watched them earlier in the year, they might be better pass rushers than previous Tiger teams. Offensive line has to have big shoulders for Saturdays game. Missouri also played a lot of man in the game that I watched. Same could apply to them if we had "wheels" at the quarterback position. Hutson Mason can run, did so in high school. No doubt that Mauk will take off.

The other thingy to me is if Ramsey gets indoctrinated to more than a series or two. We know that he has an arm, also has had enough time in the film room and the playbook to understand. Needs to be under fire, live ammo. Quarterback position comes alive, regardless of who that is, Todd Gurley and others will be impossible to stop. Saying that because I like what I think I have seen from the offensive line.

With Malcolm Mitchell, Conley, Bennett, Blazevich, with the possibilities of Rome and Justin Scott-Wesley, McKenzie on wheel routes, I can buy into this group.

As far as my feelings about defense, believe my avatar takes care of that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds