Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63338 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Need Some Help . . . .
I might be wrong but I believe Richt was heavily involved in recruiting Ramsey need I say more.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63339 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Awesome to hear about your Mom, Buc. Safe travels and good times wished your way.

As for Faton, he truly seems like a great kid, and a great athlete. But, I wonder more why he chose UGA, then why we offered him. I don't really understand the fit. I am not with the idea of changing offenses to fit one player, when you have an offense that up to this point has been productive. It goes deeper than just inserting a running qb. It is a whole different blocking scheme. Watson is better in the clemson system because it is a system that relies on the qb to run. He is fit perfectly for that system. The system at clemson didn't change to fit him. To me look at it like, why would Matt Stafford ever go to GT.

Personally, I don't think Todd would be nearly as productive in a system like clem or aub. He is best on sweeps, iso, and counters. He likes to see everything out in front of him coming down hill. His vision IMO is his best asset. Not to mention, the more the qb pulls the ball, the less times Gurley totes the rock.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63340 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .
AD5, makes sense.

Plus, having a Heisman type back like TG, I wouldn't want to take the ball out of his hands too much. Understand a change up but who do you want running the ball, TG or FB?

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63341 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Might be missing something. Do my eyes deceive me? Explanation please. Square peg, round hole?

If anyone thinks that Faton Bauta ran a different system in the Spring, or since he arrived on campus, not so. He is running the same system that our offensive folks insist that the other quarterbacks run. Spring game, check the film, Faton Bauta ran the pro style offense. System did not change for Faton Bauta. Arm strength, running ability, check his high school film, see much difference than what is being run in Athens now?

Go a bit further, check the film below.

walyton you said . . . . AD5, makes sense.

Plus, having a Heisman type back like TG, I wouldn't want to take the ball out of his hands too much. Understand a change up but who do you want running the ball, TG or FB?

Why would Faton Bauta take the ball out of Todd Gurley's hands? You think that Faton Bauta does not know where the carries go, regardless of the quarterback? Stoopid Faton Bauta is not, very smart young man.

Think about that wlayton as you watch the film below.

Dawg With Style, was told by someone very close to the program in Athens that Faton Bauta was not as close to all of the players as Ramsey is. Faton Bauta spent most of his time watching film and studying the playbook. AM said the same thing, but did not mention the close relationship off of the field with all of the players. Some "play" off of the field, some want to "play" on the field.

AllDawgs5, thanks for the comment on Mom. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63342 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Buc, wasn't criticizing FB, I like what he brings to the table. Just felt his style wasn't the "classic" pro style offense CMR/Bobo want to run hence the square peg in a round hole comment (correct me but he didn't run a pure pro style offense in HS....more like Tebow?). Personally I liked the way Shockley ran the offense and think FB would run it the same way (basically). Like AD5 stated....why would FB chose UGA?

Guess I wasn't clear about what I meant.

The "makes sense comment"....I do think AD5's post made plenty of logical sense.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63343 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
I apologize, but I should have been a little more clear. As for having to change the system.. I saw the Clemson reference, and that was my thinking to the running QB. That type of system would cut down on the carries by Todd.

I can't tell you why Faton isn't getting to play. I don't know. My guess is he does. I would also think if he truly felt he was getting the raw deal, he would have already transferred. Like I said, I wish the kid nothing but success. He sounds like a very good one.

I am up for trying anything at QB.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds