Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63319 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

Buc wrote:

AllDawgs5 wrote: Buc, I couldn't agree more. I have no doubt Ogre is all in. Everyone is.

I think Mike Bobo had to grew up on the big time stage. Most coaches don't start being a coordinator at the top. They take their lumps in the minor leagues, and then hone in on their craft. Mike Bobo has done that. He does some things where I get totally pissed. He has some bad calls, bad games. I watch a ton of football as well as I am sure many others do. I watch play calling, and have been dumbfounded all the time with calls. That goes for Sumlin, malzahn, spurrier, you name it. They have done some very ignorant things.

Take aub for instance, everyone raves about their rushing attack. Why? because it is different. Is it anymore productive than what we have? No. Is it flashier than what we do, sure. The media falls in love with the, how fast they are moving, the motions, how few of secs between plays, the billboard play sheets, etc.. At the end of the day, 250 yards rushing and 2 TD's is 250 rushing and 2 TD's.

To me, CMB grew up when I started hearing things like "Aaron told me what he saw and thought would work, and that is what we did", or "Todd told us some plays he was comfortable with, and we went with it." Too many see that and say, see, CMB is not even coaching, Aaron is, or Todd is. They are missing it to me. Some times the best coaching is listening to what those "working" for you have to say. Mike Bobo grew up when he started listening to those actually in the arena, wearing the armor.

GO DAWGS

Truthfully I was one that had problems with the comments from Todd Gurley to Mike Bobo. Looked at it from a different perspective, think sometimes that comes from watching earlier calls. Things tend to compound themselves, often. You made a make sense comment. Still po'd about the arena statement. Hard one to shake.

Much is being said about the Missouri defensive line, watched them earlier in the year, they might be better pass rushers than previous Tiger teams. Offensive line has to have big shoulders for Saturdays game. Missouri also played a lot of man in the game that I watched. Same could apply to them if we had "wheels" at the quarterback position. Hutson Mason can run, did so in high school. No doubt that Mauk will take off.

The other thingy to me is if Ramsey gets indoctrinated to more than a series or two. We know that he has an arm, also has had enough time in the film room and the playbook to understand. Needs to be under fire, live ammo. Quarterback position comes alive, regardless of who that is, Todd Gurley and others will be impossible to stop. Saying that because I like what I think I have seen from the offensive line.

With Malcolm Mitchell, Conley, Bennett, Blazevich, with the possibilities of Rome and Justin Scott-Wesley, McKenzie on wheel routes, I can buy into this group.

As far as my feelings about defense, believe my avatar takes care of that.

Mizzou D is not at its best against the run. They rely on the speed pass rush to get the job done along with thier cover guys who are pretty darn good. #3 and #27 should have a big day against them IF we play to our strengths, but I have no confidence that we will do that. I see alot of play action and sitting #3 to save him for the 4th qtr. when we should be pounding them even if they stack the box. If Bobo is going to try and pass on them look for #14 to have a rougher time than he has been...

Mizzou D against the run:

South Carolina: 30 carries, 142 yards, TD
Indiana: 44 carries, 246 yards, 3 TD
Toledo: 15 carries, 148 yards, 3 TD
SDSU: 17 carries, 103 yards, 2 TD

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63320 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
ogredawg, like you I thought that Mike Bobo called a decent game against Vanderbilt. Another thing, I really respect the way Vandy stood up and gave it everything they had.

Unlike watching LSU against Auburn, thought I saw some of the LSU folks flat give up. Frustration causes a lot of that. Little surprised because I am one of those that has always been in the John Chavis camp.

Watched Kentucky/South Carolina, Stoops has his team playing football. Spurrier is at a loss, talk about frustration. Kentucky is not going to roll over for us either. Stoops brothers don't put up with "quit".

Still worried about these road games facing us. Think it was you and myself that posted earlier in the year that Arkansas has an attitude. They let their game get away.

Mention some of that because I am crossing my fingers that Todd Gurley will be able to hold up, for sure every team will get their licks in. Becoming more and more impressed with Chubb, young man is a really good football player. Also hoping that Douglas sees some action out of the backfield against Missouri.

Still believe that our offensive line is the key to this game. Looking at the stats you posted above, interesting . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63321 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

Buc wrote: ogredawg, like you I thought that Mike Bobo called a decent game against Vanderbilt. Another thing, I really respect the way Vandy stood up and gave it everything they had.

Unlike watching LSU against Auburn, thought I saw some of the LSU folks flat give up. Frustration causes a lot of that. Little surprised because I am one of those that has always been in the John Chavis camp.

Watched Kentucky/South Carolina, Stoops has his team playing football. Spurrier is at a loss, talk about frustration. Kentucky is not going to roll over for us either. Stoops brothers don't put up with "quit".

Still worried about these road games facing us. Think it was you and myself that posted earlier in the year that Arkansas has an attitude. They let their game get away.

Mention some of that because I am crossing my fingers that Todd Gurley will be able to hold up, for sure every team will get their licks in. Becoming more and more impressed with Chubb, young man is a really good football player. Also hoping that Douglas sees some action out of the backfield against Missouri.

Still believe that our offensive line is the key to this game. Looking at the stats you posted above, interesting . . . .

If we play to our strength which is #3 and #27 we should get 350+ yards on the ground against Mizzou #3(225+) #27(125+)and keep the ball out of Mauk's hands and our D off the field. No team in the SEC or the country for that matter has the healthy 1-2 punch and if Michel was healthy it would 1-2-3 punch of RB's. Carolina would of beat Mizzou if the old ball sack did not try to throw the ball like he did in the 4th qtr. The Mizzou cover guys shut it down letting the speed rushers harass Thompson. Indiana kept pounding the ball play after play after play and made them look real bad. We run the ball we win. Bobo gets cute and tries to pass and play action we get beat...pretty simple...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63322 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
ogredawg, had to slip this in. Stopping in Valdosta and eating at one of your favorite places. They have one in Douglas now, my place of birth. Going up and visit with my Mom, 99 years young South of Atlanta, hoping that I can get the "game" on Saturday. Will mention to the group I will be with that you have spent time at Ole Times Country Buffet. A must stop on my way North. Went to the picture gallery selection on the site . . . . yum! :)

www.oletimes.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63323 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Have a great time with your Mom, Buc.....awesome she is 99 years young....God Bless her!! :)

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63324 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Travel safe Buc, The CBS station in ATL is "46" it is what we get here in the Classic City as the CBS Local station

You going to load up on goobers while your here up north???

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds