Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63356 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
wonder if Bobo knows how to draw? :evil:

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63357 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Well, I say if it was good enough for Fran then we should try it. :laugh:

Who was coach back then? Wally Butts?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 6 months ago #63358 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Wally was the man in 1959. My high school football coach played for Butts on the 1946 undefeated UGA team. I departed the United States in 1959 for "stuff" on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63359 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: wonder if Bobo knows how to draw? :evil:

You are one tough guy ogredawg. And . . . . you know football. :evil:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63360 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
I said earlier that we were going to come out throwing the ball Saturday, probably more than most would like us to do...now a quote from our OC:

“Like I told the quarterbacks, we’ve got to trust our protection every time,” Bobo said. “We’re going to get sacked on Saturday. Just mark it down. We’re going to get sacked. And next time we call a pass we’ve got to stand in there and deliver the ball.”

Nothing like having confidence in your 0 line...and HM has shown under pressure that he will GROUND the ball...great game plan ahead...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63361 by Buc
Trying to figure out if Mike understands some of the things that he says. Appears to be something that would catch the offensive lines attention. If that was said to "fire" the offensive line up, should not need to do that at this point.

Other thing that comes to my mind, is this a "warning" to Hutson Mason that playing time going forward depends on "better game management". Mike Bobo said And next time we call a pass we’ve got to stand in there and deliver the ball.” A comment like that makes me think of quarterbacks with "nervous feet". That has been mentioned by some in the know.

From where I sit, there has been a lot of talk about Ramsey and playing time by coaches and others. So, let's cut to the chase. When any player hears or reads what Bobo said above in bold type, beginning of the end. The one touchdown drive that Ramsey guided against Vanderbilt. . . . first "real nail in the coffin".

My bet is that Ramsey will get playing time, one main reason . . . . lots of chatter from Athens this week about the health of our two downfield receivers returning to the field. One for sure was chirped about and it takes a strong arm to get the ball to Mitchell. No doubt in my mind that Mitchell is going to be called on to give this team a "boost". Mitchell healthy and Conley and Bennett along with others on the field, especially Jeb Blazevich and wheel routes to our backs, properly executed, a defensive coordinators nightmare.

However, run the damn football, we have a offensive line that blocks well for the run, couple of young men that run hard and fast. Ramsey can hand or toss the ball to our backs. He understands the playbook. This game dictates that we run and run often. That happens, our receivers can have a field day. Run first, and often.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds