Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63371 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Ogre, I like the 65/35. Believe it should stay there. I am ok with taking some shots against 8-9 in the box early, but we have to stay at that 65/35 ratio. We complete some early passes, back the safeties and a lb out, watch out. Gurley may go for 250. Like I said, calculated shots are fine to me, but don't forget who you are. Aggressive pin your ears back d-line in Mizzou, might throw a screen or two at them.

Buc, punter is scary. Feel like he is reading the labels and counting the laces before he actually gets it off sometimes.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63372 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .
For me, all that talk a week ago by the coaches and HM about "I have to let the ball go instead of trying to be too perfect" TRANSLATED means, have some guts HM and stay in the pocket, take some hits if need be and lead the team or we are going to replace you.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63373 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: Ogre, I like the 65/35. Believe it should stay there. I am ok with taking some shots against 8-9 in the box early, but we have to stay at that 65/35 ratio. We complete some early passes, back the safeties and a lb out, watch out. Gurley may go for 250. Like I said, calculated shots are fine to me, but don't forget who you are. Aggressive pin your ears back d-line in Mizzou, might throw a screen or two at them.

Buc, punter is scary. Feel like he is reading the labels and counting the laces before he actually gets it off sometimes.

GO DAWGS

Indiana rushed for 241 yards against Mizzou.

Don't we have two punters and one actually gets it off quickly but maybe not as powerful a leg?

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63374 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
This could get real ugly really fast and guess what we don't have an AM that can pull us out of the ditch. CMR should have made the call to start Ramsey against Vandy. It was the perfect match up to let the kid get a start make some mistakes learn and grow from them. HM is a 5th year senior, what we have seen from him is what we are going to see from him, NOTHING MORE is going to come from him at this point no matter who is at X and Z! You could have AJ Green and Calvin Johnson on the field it still won't change who HM is, a back up at a D2 school at best.

We are so far behind the 8 ball it's not even funny my friends. The game of football has changed so much on the offensive side of the ball over the past 5 years and we are still running a playbook from the 90's. Games are NOT won on the defensive side anymore way too many new targeting rules, hurry up's, read options, spread O's, air raids and dual threat QB's that can kill you in two ways. It's an offensive driven game and if you can't score with them then your not going to be in the game very long. Yea I get that we have put up some points but besides Clemson we haven't faced a very good D yet, plus Clemson would have smoked us if they would have kept DW in!

I hate to sound like a pessimist but the proof is in the pudding. HM will NOT and can NOT win us a game and that's what we are probably going to need from our QB this Saturday. I don't know if Ramsey is the answer but I wouldn't wait too long to find out...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63375 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
One way I see to fix our problem on O is to hire Chad Morris as our HC before Florida does...

More
9 years 6 months ago #63376 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .

ogredawg wrote: Right now the stats show that UGA is almost 65% run 35% pass. I take the comment to mean the game plan is to open up the passing game more now that MM and JSW are back in the healthy catagory weather it be with HM or BR and challenge Mizzous strength rather than play to our strengths...we have 2 RB's out with injuries so lessen the load on #3 and #27 now that we have playmaking WR's back...(like Conley or Bennett cannot make plays)

Went back and read this post. Interesting ogredawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds