Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63302 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
ogredawg, both of us understand that certain threads can generate a lot of heat. This one has, as have several of yours.

In agreement that this board can and will post true personal feelings about our team. That to me is the beauty of hitting a hot topic. That is when we understand better where the regular posters and readers are coming from. Have used the term "straddle the fence" over a period of time, still see it happening here, but it does nothing more than making it clear how posters feel about Georgia football. Usually the main topic here . . . . and elsewhere.

Have been on both sides of the fence, more than once. Either side, tried hard to either promote or defend my position. That has become increasingly hard for me to do, don't have the patience I once had with what I call the same mistakes being made over and over.

My biggest problem is one that I believe I am more aware of than others that post here. Have had the time to delve into the things that ultimately determine what happens on the football field and will continue to talk about it. I call it the "Group" do that because one has to be careful with "name calling" and I have a lot of names in my vault. There is a powerful group that every year moves closer to taking over Georgia football totally, and they are very slick in the way they handle "us". That is right "us".

Ask all to remember a statement I made before anyone else was close to being aware of the "changes" that would and are being made with SEC Football. Take from that what you want, the "Force" has arrived, and it ain't gonna be pretty. Those that have the big money jobs will bow to the "Force" not to you and I. At some point, not quite sure yet when it will be, will open a lot of eyes to the way you and I are used, not knowingly, but it is happening.

Brings me to this . . . . so regardless of who is running the football program, meaning head coaches and assistants, they will toe the mark, or . . . . Mark Richt is toeing the mark, that is a truthful statement. If released, which will never happen because it would take some time to train another front man, time is money and that is the name of the game.

Will point to one fact that is not known widely. Mark Richt's pal Willie Martinez was moved up the ladder by one Mark Richt. When the heat got so bad as to threaten Mark Richt's survival in Athens, what happened was this. Mark Richt fired Willie, Willie left in a "huff" he had Richt's word that what happened would not happen. Ever hear the term CYA, head coach has done that several times. Again some lead, some follow. Mark Richt follows, he is a good soldier for those that can and will replace him if necessary.

Don't know the "life" of this thread, have however read some comments that are never given unless the "question(s) are asked. Going to say this, takes me back to Wartdawg's statement since he arrived. No Excuses. Gillette I know stays busy, but he took the time to post in this thread, much truth from him again. Gillette post #34. Gillette, might be that some in the choir are listening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, sflanagan21, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63303 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Buc I along with others really appreciate you educating us on the "Group". It is certainly "worth it" to me anyhoo...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63304 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Your stats do nothing but prove further points for the most part Ogre. If we are 82 in first down success and 98 in pass plays over 50 yds. How quickly can we be scoring? My guess is not at blazing speed. Sure we have popped a few big runs, but that for the most part comes late in games. Also, could be wrong, but usually our D gives up early scores unless we are playing Troy and Vandy.

Again, it always the same old thing. Production doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is CMB is having success, and the hatred you developed for him early in his OC career is all you remember.

No worries, I will shut up. I am sure Bobo will have a bad game, or a bad call. You will get on, beat your chest and say "see". The only problem I don't think people realize is that every OC in the country has bad games. They happen. Some understand, some don't.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63305 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Many of my problems arise from this . . . . AM ended with a very enviable record in the SEC. AM in my mind is on a parallel with Todd Gurley. By that I mean this . . . . Both were the heart and soul of the team. Those two stepped up when it was necessary to keep us in the game.

Being a huge AM supporter as I have been for a long time, I look back at the offensive lines that he played behind. Can only imagine what AM could do with the "new and improved version" of our offensive line. Thanks again Will Friend.

Now the question is . . . . What will our coaching staff do when it seems our quarterback either does not, or at this point has not been successful in taking too much pressure off of Todd Gurley. Every game that I have watched this season, the box is loaded and that removes much doubt as to what the other head coaches and defensive coordinators are going to do when they line up against us. Gurley has the heart of a lion, or maybe I should say a Bulldog. Gurley does not have "one spy" on him, makes me chuckle when I read that elsewhere, the entire defense facing him has their eyes and skills focused on Todd, all of the other team are spies when it comes to Gurley. Fact.

One of my great fears at this point is not being able to play man. If we play man against Missouri, we are chopped liver. Maty Mauk will kill us. Appears to me we have to play more zone, and quite frankly I hate that. That however is where our defensive backs and linebackers stand the best chance to come up with a stop. Here again, defensive front has to "show up". Pressuring the quarterback and stopping the run are huge tasks for any team, that is in my opinion a must in this game "on the road". Gary Pinkel in my opinion is one of the best coaches in college football. He coaches, understands half time adjustments.

Down to this. Comes a time when you have to change coaching directions. Meaning, if you have now selected the quarterback that will replace Hutson Mason, either before or after Hutson graduates, time to get started. It is clear that Ramsey is the next in line at Georgia. This is where I feel our coaches have slipped. We knew that AM was gone. Why was it not noticed that Hutson has problems in the passing game? Been on campus 5 years, coach has to know and prepare better.

Mark Richt has heard the "noise" so now we are beginning to see some movement in the quarterback position. At some point our quarterback has to line up and play against teams like Missouri that will be pinning their ears back, just like Pruitt/Rucker are doing on defense. Notice we have signed the young man from Washington State, could it be that the offensive coaches have learned from their previous mistakes? Appears at this point to me that Faton Bauta is the security blanket in case there are injuries to our quarterbacks. Was never a supporter of stubborness when stubborn does nothing to move the process forward. My take.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869, sflanagan21

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63306 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: Your stats do nothing but prove further points for the most part Ogre. If we are 82 in first down success and 98 in pass plays over 50 yds. How quickly can we be scoring? My guess is not at blazing speed. Sure we have popped a few big runs, but that for the most part comes late in games. Also, could be wrong, but usually our D gives up early scores unless we are playing Troy and Vandy.

Again, it always the same old thing. Production doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is CMB is having success, and the hatred you developed for him early in his OC career is all you remember.

No worries, I will shut up. I am sure Bobo will have a bad game, or a bad call. You will get on, beat your chest and say "see". The only problem I don't think people realize is that every OC in the country has bad games. They happen. Some understand, some don't.

GO DAWGS

Don't hate Bobo...very seldom use the word...just don't think he is a very good coach...stats really don't mean a thing but player developement does and Bobo has not done a very good job in his developement of #14...keep supporting him your porogetive but after the game this Saturday when this offense has to go up against a team that can actually play defense we will see...hopefully #3 will carry the team on his back this week and we win...but I doubt it...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #63307 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Agree, Ogre. I don't expect a good day against mizzou. To me, when you play against a really good defense, you need to have pretty good defense. Also, agree about HM. I believe he is a practice player. Probably looks really good M-F, but not on Saturday. I still think this offense is championship caliber. Dominant running game, believe Saban has won a few with that as well as Miles. Those teams had something we don't. Dominant defense. That is the key to competing for championships. Last stat I will post and the strongest I believe.

The last 10 NC's have had a defense ranked in the top 10 with the exception of aub in 2010. Oregon is always in the top 5 in offense. 0 NC's. Believe you can go back further and see the same formula for success. Look at last year's super bowl if you need more proof.

As I have stated, you want to pin no NC on CMR. I will agree. He is not a defensive mind. He knows it. He is who hired the DC's that IMO have been the missing link. I believe Pruitt will be a good one, but until we see a dominant defense, we aren't going to see a championship unless the perfect storm comes. I have no problem cutting loose of CMR, but not because of what his offenses have done.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds