Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63296 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
ogredawg, will say what I have said before. Mark Richt needs to do what he does best, that in my mind is nothing more than staying out of the way when "serious" practice sessions are in "session". Watched his efforts way back when, when he was working for Bobby Bowden. You know as much about FSU as anyone on this board and others and we are seeing a lot of the "old days" replayed.

Funny thing happened on the way to work, the game has changed. I do not believe for one minute that Richt is comfortable with calling plays at this juncture in his life. Not knowing if certain receivers would return last week has been posted here, and commented on, folks not in total agreement. Mike Bobo is fully in charge of our offensive play calls, Jeremy Pruitt is in charge of our defensive schemes.

There are holes on both sides of the ball, that is evident I think to all of us. What I think "has" to be done is for us to look at what Mississippi State and Ole Miss have done. What do I see? I see head coaches that understand what has to be done, and it has taken 3 or 4 years to accomplish what we see happening in Mississippi. Both universities have built offensive and defensive lines. Good or great line play, quarterbacks can be heroes. Less than that . . . .

Big Ben heading our way, thank Will Friend for that. Our offensive line has freshmen being played by Will Friend. Will Friend knows what it takes to play the way Miss State and Ole Miss are playing. Ugly piece from me . . . . took our offensive coordinator and head coach far too long to understand that quarterbacks can't be "pretty" unless there are "warriors" up front.

Interesting stats ogredawg. I know that you are as Red and Black as anyone. More than 99%.

I am really disappointed with Shaquille Jones, did not have all the stars that the talking heads like to hand out, he is one hell of a defender, and could be just as effective split out on the offensive side of the ball. Local kid, but Jeremy Pruitt means what he says and says what he means.

One article that I have kept in the vault is the one below, believe all should read it, even if they read it back when. Really goes to the "depth" of Pruitt's beliefs. Could care less when I read some of the "stuff" about Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Been attached to and around football for many years . . . . I will bet the "farm" on this group. Also believe they will stay together, that is what produces "winners".

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/07/30/32240...departures.html?rh=1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63297 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
ABH. Total of $43.00 worth of junk lifted from Walmart by SJ crazy

Sad that he missed the boat. Some school will give him another chance

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 6 months ago #63298 by bulldawg36869
Replied by bulldawg36869 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
"Hmmmmm......the only stat that really matters is the SCORE.....45 per game and, uh, RANKED 5th in COLLEGE FOOTBALL
'
I don't totally agree with this statement and here's why.

Sometimes our offense scores too fast ( a good problem to have) or just get 3 and outs. Until UGA gets enough defense depth to be at least 2 deep if not 3 deep It is always going to leave the D weak and vulnerable.

Before any smart azzes say what do you want for Gurley or Chubb or Michel to fall down instead of scoring- the answer is of course not but sometimes the D needs to rest and time to make adjustments.

I posted a few years ago look at the teams that usually score a lot and fast and none of them have finished undefeated and many times are barely above .500. Look at Mike Leach's teams , Texas Tech, Houston in years past, Tulsa a couple years ago and the list goes on.

We need big plays of course but sometimes a few 4-6 minute drives, whether they result in a score or not, is a break the D needs.

No team should NEED to score 45 points to win, and the only stat that matters is won-loss record.

Some are wise and some are otherwise !
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63299 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Buc, I haven’t had a lot of time to come here but I just read your original post and don’t have the time right now to go through all of the replies.

The problem is our guys are not prepared to fight the fight out of the starting gate. The chicken game should have been a win. The UT game should have never been as close as it was.
It takes our guys so damn long to get “acclimated” to the season.

Every year, there’s an excuse. You name it; we’ve all heard it from the coaches, the players, and the fans. If we just had the secondary clicking, or the OL, or the DL, or the STs, or the receivers, freshmen are here and freshmen are there. I can go on and on all damn night long with the excuses.

The truth comes down to our guys are not prepared to kick ass on the very first kick of the very first game. There should never be a warm up game. That’s the difference.

The coaching staff needs to learn they have to develop EVERY player to the top level and not have to rely on one segment of the team.

Also, we need a head coach that recognizes weak areas on the fly and make adjustments on the fly. Those weaknesses can and will include his own assistants, mainly Bobo.

More to come from me on this subject but I have a sense that I'm preaching the choir here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63300 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote: yeah we score but other stats are just as glaring as to what the problems are with the offense

you want to post stats well how about these:

# 90 in the nation on 3rd Down Conversions

# 82 in the nation on 1st Downs

# 98 in the nation in passing yards per completion which includes #3's 50-yard bomb

Hmmmmm......the only stat that really matters is the SCORE.....45 per game and, uh, RANKED 5th in COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

wait and see how that 45 points and #5 nationally hangs around when we play someone who actually has a defense. Mizzou actually can play defense and if you think we are going to put 45 on them keep dreaming

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869, sflanagan21

More
9 years 6 months ago #63301 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

Buc wrote: ogredawg, will say what I have said before. Mark Richt needs to do what he does best, that in my mind is nothing more than staying out of the way when "serious" practice sessions are in "session". Watched his efforts way back when, when he was working for Bobby Bowden. You know as much about FSU as anyone on this board and others and we are seeing a lot of the "old days" replayed.

Funny thing happened on the way to work, the game has changed. I do not believe for one minute that Richt is comfortable with calling plays at this juncture in his life. Not knowing if certain receivers would return last week has been posted here, and commented on, folks not in total agreement. Mike Bobo is fully in charge of our offensive play calls, Jeremy Pruitt is in charge of our defensive schemes.

There are holes on both sides of the ball, that is evident I think to all of us. What I think "has" to be done is for us to look at what Mississippi State and Ole Miss have done. What do I see? I see head coaches that understand what has to be done, and it has taken 3 or 4 years to accomplish what we see happening in Mississippi. Both universities have built offensive and defensive lines. Good or great line play, quarterbacks can be heroes. Less than that . . . .

Big Ben heading our way, thank Will Friend for that. Our offensive line has freshmen being played by Will Friend. Will Friend knows what it takes to play the way Miss State and Ole Miss are playing. Ugly piece from me . . . . took our offensive coordinator and head coach far too long to understand that quarterbacks can't be "pretty" unless there are "warriors" up front.

Interesting stats ogredawg. I know that you are as Red and Black as anyone. More than 99%.

I am really disappointed with Shaquille Jones, did not have all the stars that the talking heads like to hand out, he is one hell of a defender, and could be just as effective split out on the offensive side of the ball. Local kid, but Jeremy Pruitt means what he says and says what he means.

One article that I have kept in the vault is the one below, believe all should read it, even if they read it back when. Really goes to the "depth" of Pruitt's beliefs. Could care less when I read some of the "stuff" about Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Been attached to and around football for many years . . . . I will bet the "farm" on this group. Also believe they will stay together, that is what produces "winners".

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/07/30/32240...departures.html?rh=1

anyone can throw stats around Buc that is my point. Stats don't mean a thing other than for awards or rankings...this is the best board around but to have a statement made "not worth it" then post up stats to back up a post is just silly..."not worth it" then just shut up or stay away...pretty simple...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds