Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63284 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Again with the "points scored" stat from the bobo backers. Sure his offense puts points on the board, but does that make him an overall great OC? No. An OC has to work as part of the team with the D. Some people make it sound as if once we score 35 points, we should start punting on 1st down because the O has done their job, now it's all in the D's hands.
Looking past the points...it is an OC's job to get 7 when given the ball on the 4 yard line. Not just give it back to them without scoring and say the D gave up too many points anyway. It is an OC's job to try and help the D rest after a long drive by the other team, not throw 3 incompletes or throw an INT while passing on the first play when you have the best RB in the country. Our D blows, but I wonder if maybe they would be a little better if they weren't right back on the field on so many occasions. Many bobo blunders come to mind, but you get the idea.
And for the record, I'm counting the whole coaching effort as a debacle. I've thought for years the whole lot needs to be cleaned out, starting at HC. I think the reason bobo gets so much negative chatter is because people haven't been satisfied with the "team" coaching for years, and since bobo took over, we're on our 3rd DC, but yet holding him accountable seems unheard of.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63285 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

sadlerdawg wrote: Again with the "points scored" stat from the bobo backers. Sure his offense puts points on the board, but does that make him an overall great OC? No. An OC has to work as part of the team with the D. Some people make it sound as if once we score 35 points, we should start punting on 1st down because the O has done their job, now it's all in the D's hands.
Looking past the points...it is an OC's job to get 7 when given the ball on the 4 yard line. Not just give it back to them without scoring and say the D gave up too many points anyway. It is an OC's job to try and help the D rest after a long drive by the other team, not throw 3 incompletes or throw an INT while passing on the first play when you have the best RB in the country. Our D blows, but I wonder if maybe they would be a little better if they weren't right back on the field on so many occasions. Many bobo blunders come to mind, but you get the idea.
And for the record, I'm counting the whole coaching effort as a debacle. I've thought for years the whole lot needs to be cleaned out, starting at HC. I think the reason bobo gets so much negative chatter is because people haven't been satisfied with the "team" coaching for years, and since bobo took over, we're on our 3rd DC, but yet holding him accountable seems unheard of.

I cannot wait for the 3rd and 9 run it up the gut, play not to lose "bobo era" to begin at UGA

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago #63286 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
You see wlayton why I stay away. Not worth it.

I don't think anybody made it out that you score 35pts and then just punt, but to me,yeah you should be able to.

Now, Bobo is not being a team coach. :) Maybe our offense would be a little better if we ever got a 3 and out.

GO DAWGS.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63287 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: You see wlayton why I stay away. Not worth it.

I don't think anybody made it out that you score 35pts and then just punt, but to me,yeah you should be able to.

Now, Bobo is not being a team coach. :) Maybe our offense would be a little better if we ever got a 3 and out.

GO DAWGS.

guess your opinons and posts are the only ones that count. That is why we have this board to voice our opinions on what is good or bad about UGA football. Respect what you have to say but I don't have to agree with it. Stay away if you want and don't post, up to you but I ain't going to lose any sleep over it...one way or the other :evil:

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63288 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: You see wlayton why I stay away. Not worth it.

GO DAWGS.

You stay away why? Because somebody posts a differing opinion than yours and posts something other than a stat to back it up? The 1st down punt comment was a joke. Just to clarify for you--I was not factually stating that you said it. And you are not the first or only one to post the points scored stat. Many people on this board and other places are included in my statement.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63289 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
I stay away because it is always the same thing. If we did fire Bobo and CMR, I am not sure this board would be needed. :) There are so many blatantly, obvious issues on this team, and the offense should be the least to me, and well I would think anyone.

Take the Tenn game for instance. Their line struggled with any twist, WAM's, stings or strikes, and we go to a base 4 man rush/prevent, to end the half, and watch them go 80 in under a minute. Then, we go back to the same prevent package late in the game, and give up another score. We constantly bring the spur, and drop both ILB's into coverage. I could go in depth about the USC game as well, but it wouldn't be worth it. Everyone already knows we only lost that game because of 1 offensive series, not the 6 defensive series that gave up points, or the 2 missed FG's, or the 300 yds passing we gave up in the 1st half, or a 60 yd TD run called back on a phantom hold. :silly:

Yet, I visit the board, and it's 95% Mason and Bobo. UT scored 7pts against ou, and 9 against uf. Mizzou beat usc by scoring 21. We have to score 41 to beat them last year, and over 35 in our loss this year.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds