Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63290 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: I stay away because it is always the same thing. If we did fire Bobo and CMR, I am not sure this board would be needed. :) There are so many blatantly, obvious issues on this team, and the offense should be the least to me, and well I would think anyone.

Take the Tenn game for instance. Their line struggled with any twist, WAM's, stings or strikes, and we go to a base 4 man rush/prevent, to end the half, and watch them go 80 in under a minute. Then, we go back to the same prevent package late in the game, and give up another score. We constantly bring the spur, and drop both ILB's into coverage. I could go in depth about the USC game as well, but it wouldn't be worth it. Everyone already knows we only lost that game because of 1 offensive series, not the 6 defensive series that gave up points, or the 2 missed FG's, or the 300 yds passing we gave up in the 1st half, or a 60 yd TD run called back on a phantom hold. :silly:

Yet, I visit the board, and it's 95% Mason and Bobo. UT scored 7pts against ou, and 9 against uf. Mizzou beat usc by scoring 21. We have to score 41 to beat them last year, and over 35 in our loss this year.

GO DAWGS

AD5, I couldn't agree more.

It's pretty clear AD5....many here want CMR/Bobo gone, period. If we averaged 60/game it wouldn't matter......and that's fine, everybody has a right to their opinion etc. Like I said earlier, I'm not sold on CMR either and Bobo certainly isn't perfect but like you said, there are so many problems, imo it isn't the offense.

I got it long ago why you left the forum......you are needed on this forum. Your knowledge on X's and O's etc far exceed.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63291 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Find it interesting that the only thing discussed on this board is Mark Richt and Mike Bobo. My feelings on Jeremy Pruitt are different maybe than many.

Amazing when I look at the body of work that Pruitt/Rocker and Company have done in the short period of time they have been in Athens. Here we have "another" defensive coordinator stepping in and having to not only get a group of defensive players together, on the same page, and we have played 5 games this far in 2014.

If I believe what the defensive players have said and still say, they believe that our defensive coaches are on the mark. Several of our players have openly said that they are making mistakes that they have practiced hard not to make. I buy that, coming from those that are wearing the pads. Also have players that were handled in a different way under the previous defensive coordinator.

Wonder how our ratings by the talking heads and media would be at this point had not Pruitt/Rocker and Company busted their tails for the Red and Black? Last time I looked we were sitting in the number two (2) spot in the Nation regarding recruiting. Appears to me that the defensive coaches are recruiting players that "do fit" what "they" want to do. If memory serves me correctly, first thing with Pruitt was "hustle", meaning your playing time is based on effort. Next thing was drop the weight and get in shape.

Just to clear up some of what is being posted around the internet concerning Shaquille Jones. Pruitt is not the coach that recruited Jones, that would be Kevin Sherrer. Living on Merritt Island, very close to football here, in touch with many. Just for the record, Pruitt is the reason that Jones is not on the team any more. Jones would not follow instructions directly from Jeremy Pruitt. Also, Jones has great talent, he also has made and continues to make serious mistakes. While Mark Richt is the face of the program, Jeremy Pruitt brought Shaquille Jones down. Facts.

Another thingy. Our offense came into 2014 with enough talent to be hailed by the media as a "Final Four" participant. There is a mountain of talent on the offensive side of the ball if we look at the players lining up there. So when I read about our short comings as posters, happens often, right here.

Will Friend, many here and right after his being selected as our offensive line coach wanted to deep six Will. Now I read where it appears many think Will Friend is doing a fine job with the big guys. I also keep in mind that Will Friend is the reason that Mark Richt got a good shot at hiring Jeremy Pruitt. I believe Mark Richt got that choice right. Because of that choice, folks like Tracy Rocker and the other defensive hires were made on the suggestions of Jeremy Pruitt. In my book, Will Friend paid Mark Richt back for being hired himself. He produced a defensive coach that he knows can and will right a defensive program that needed an overhaul and that is being done as we post. Will Friend knows of Jeremy Pruitt's teaching abilities. Notice the word "teaching" not using the word "leadership". I don't straddle the fence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, AllDawgs5

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63292 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Buc, I agree. CJP needs time.

As for the offense, UGA is ranked higher in scoring and rushing compared to the current top 4. I believe that talent is being used. Offense is not flawless by any means, but they have played at a championship level. They have had bad series no doubt, but overall, pretty dang good. CWF deserves a lot of credit. Not easy blocking 8-9 in the box.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63293 by wlayton
Agree Buc, I'm totally with you on Pruitt. I think he is a great coach and teacher of the game. Also believe he is master at juggling because he has nothing in the D backfield to work with......he would have had plenty of players if they weren't all about "ME".

I have zero doubts about Pruitt, he's totally handicapped right now......geez, I want to know where he is even getting DB's from????.....intramural walk ons?

Pruitt will turn this D around eventually.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63294 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
yeah we score but other stats are just as glaring as to what the problems are with the offense

you want to post stats well how about these:

# 90 in the nation on 3rd Down Conversions

# 82 in the nation on 1st Downs

# 98 in the nation in passing yards per completion which includes #3's 50-yard bomb

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63295 by wlayton

ogredawg wrote: yeah we score but other stats are just as glaring as to what the problems are with the offense

you want to post stats well how about these:

# 90 in the nation on 3rd Down Conversions

# 82 in the nation on 1st Downs

# 98 in the nation in passing yards per completion which includes #3's 50-yard bomb

Hmmmmm......the only stat that really matters is the SCORE.....45 per game and, uh, RANKED 5th in COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds