Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63277 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote: wlayton as you know, we had AM last year also . . . . :whistle:

Very true, but WE had AM last year. ;)

Just like WE have TG, Chubb, Michel etc etc

Looks like WE have finally figured out the PROBLEM . . . . ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63279 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Have stayed away for some time from posting. Have been reading a lot, and figured I would get back. Probably won't post as much, because all topics end the same way for the most part. Degrading CMR and CMB, while mainly ignoring what IMO is the sole reason we aren't a very good football team. This year, we are averaging more points per game than aub, fsu, and bama. Yet, we still look at our offense, and it gets 95% of the attention.

I don't agree with Gary Daniels much, but he said it the best. UGA is not close to being a championship team because of their defense. Well, just about everyone realizes that I would think, but we are focused on CMR, which is ok, and CMB.

I am not saying we should send Pruitt to the chopping block. It is his first year, but this is arguably the worst UGA defense that I have ever seen, with the group last year coming a very close 2nd. It's awful. On the flip side, there is no OC in the country that has as much pressure as Mike Bobo. He has to score over 40 in just about every game if we are going to come out with a win. Every game that matters I should say.

Going back to blaming CMR. That is fine with me. He is ultimately responsible for the defense. He knows he is not a defensive guru, so he hands the reigns to whom ever he hires. It is their show over there. That is ok, if you get production in your hire. He hasn't and that is on him.

Here a lot about leadership. Believe just about everyone in the country would agree, UGA is one of the strictest when it comes to discipline. Leadership goes much deeper than wins and losses IMO. Unfortunately, this is a moot point anymore. All we care about is the wins and losses. Might be the reason society is the way it is now. That is just my opinion. Athletes raping young women, stealing, beating women. Then, they strap on the pads and put up some stats, and all is forgotten. Coach is a great because he is winning. Great leader. Does anyone think Jameis would still be on the roster at UGA? I don't. Ask me why, I point to JHC and Tray Matthews just to name a few. Did they do anything near what Jameis did? Were they just as valuable to our defense as Winston in to FSU's offense?

GO DAWGS, hope everyone is doing well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, wlayton, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #63280 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Pruitt is not the savior he is/was touted to be...but I have said all a long that the problems run a lot deeper than just the Defense

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago #63281 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

Buc wrote:

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote: wlayton as you know, we had AM last year also . . . . :whistle:

Very true, but WE had AM last year. ;)

Just like WE have TG, Chubb, Michel etc etc

Looks like WE have finally figured out the PROBLEM . . . . ;)

Obviously great recruiting, but.......... :unsure:

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63282 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

AllDawgs5 wrote: Have stayed away for some time from posting. Have been reading a lot, and figured I would get back. Probably won't post as much, because all topics end the same way for the most part. Degrading CMR and CMB, while mainly ignoring what IMO is the sole reason we aren't a very good football team. This year, we are averaging more points per game than aub, fsu, and bama. Yet, we still look at our offense, and it gets 95% of the attention.

I don't agree with Gary Daniels much, but he said it the best. UGA is not close to being a championship team because of their defense. Well, just about everyone realizes that I would think, but we are focused on CMR, which is ok, and CMB.

I am not saying we should send Pruitt to the chopping block. It is his first year, but this is arguably the worst UGA defense that I have ever seen, with the group last year coming a very close 2nd. It's awful. On the flip side, there is no OC in the country that has as much pressure as Mike Bobo. He has to score over 40 in just about every game if we are going to come out with a win. Every game that matters I should say.

Going back to blaming CMR. That is fine with me. He is ultimately responsible for the defense. He knows he is not a defensive guru, so he hands the reigns to whom ever he hires. It is their show over there. That is ok, if you get production in your hire. He hasn't and that is on him.

Here a lot about leadership. Believe just about everyone in the country would agree, UGA is one of the strictest when it comes to discipline. Leadership goes much deeper than wins and losses IMO. Unfortunately, this is a moot point anymore. All we care about is the wins and losses. Might be the reason society is the way it is now. That is just my opinion. Athletes raping young women, stealing, beating women. Then, they strap on the pads and put up some stats, and all is forgotten. Coach is a great because he is winning. Great leader. Does anyone think Jameis would still be on the roster at UGA? I don't. Ask me why, I point to JHC and Tray Matthews just to name a few. Did they do anything near what Jameis did? Were they just as valuable to our defense as Winston in to FSU's offense?

Really great to hear from you AD5.

I simply want to thank you for such a great, logical and realistic post. While I do have some reservations on CMR's coaching ability, I too feel and have said the offense isn't the problem.....is and has been the D's.

I certainly think if CMR had "turned his head" our D would be better than average because he let go three 5 star recruits and 2 more aren't playing as of last week. But I agree with his/UGA's discipline policies....they had to go. You have to draw the line. You only recruit so many at any one position, so the cupboard is empty for Pruitt and he's doing the best he can with "walk on" quality recruits (actually one is a walk on).

Great post....it is good to read sensible and realistic views which you tend to always provide.

Stay with us more AD5.....

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63283 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
B) B) B) Couldn't agree with you more wlayton & AD5. You score 40 points in a game you should win hands down. Folks it's not the offence that needs help, it's the defense. CMR may not be the leader were looking for but he & CMB are putting points on the board. I know that CJP may not have the players he needs on the defense he wants to run, but what's happened to the D line. Auburn will shred us like a piece of tissue paper, we can't stop the run either. We better have our act together for our trip to Columbia west or it could be a long afternoon. They throw the ball pretty well, so coach em up CJP.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds