Forum

Need Some Help . . . .

9 years 6 months ago #63256 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Need Some Help . . . .
Not better talent just better use of the talent. IMHO our coaches have a problem evaluating talent and forming a plan to best utilize said talent. Why sign a dual threat QB when you have no intention to let him develop to his full potential. FB was in for one play give me a break. BD not even seeing the field something is wrong with that
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63258 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .

DAWGtm wrote: Not better talent just better use of the talent. IMHO our coaches have a problem evaluating talent and forming a plan to best utilize said talent. Why sign a dual threat QB when you have no intention to let him develop to his full potential. FB was in for one play give me a break. BD not even seeing the field something is wrong with that

DAWGtm, watching Bauta after the one play, looked to the sideline, started to move back to the huddle, and took a second look and came off of the field.

Do not care what is written or said, what I have watched is a couple of coaches that are not on the same page. When the head coach and the offensive coordinator are not in step with each other, in the service, both would be cleaning toilets are worse.

Funny how Mark Richt giving up some of his money to "under paid coaches" and is it not amazing how that "leaked out of Athens". First thing in my mind is why do we have "under paid coaches"? Seems to me that would fall under McGarity's watch. But those of us that pay attention understand that McScrooge would rather the money does not come out of the vault. Say again, Mark Richt is the front man. Mark, have any idea who will or will not be playing against Missouri? Check with Mike Bobo, he will lay it out for you. Keep selling those trucks, and soon will post the other products that you have time to bring to our attention. Commercials are pretty slick, you speak your lines well. Pay that much attention to "our" football team, might make for a better overall record.

DAWGtm, to you and I, it is college football, played between the Hedges. For McGarity, and the Group, it comes down to you and I giving up more so those that sit on Mahogany Row can put more in the vault. Might take a long while, but there will come a time when fans and one time supporters will get the Group's attention.

Many here don't want to hear what is and is not going on. The Group understands that. The Group knows that all of us want football, so they do all of the cute stuff, protect their investment(s) and watch us fill the stadium. Then say to us, 8-5 season is good enough to raise prices. Not the first time I have said this, won't be the last. So much more.

Back to playing football in the SEC. Anyone think that we will make the final four or make our way to ATL? Do you or I have enough confidence to place a bet on that? I don't. What prevents me from making that bet? Is it because we don't have the talent in Athens? I say we don't on the offensive coaching side of the ball. Why would I want to buy a Ford truck, because Mark Richt wants me to? Ask this question . . . . How much did Mark Richt pay for his Ford truck? Beginning to make some sense?

Mark Richt coach the Red and Black to the final four or win the SEC Championship and I will buy a Ford Truck. If you can't do that, this year, buy a fan a Ford Truck. Sounds like a deal to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63267 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Need Some Help . . . .

Buc wrote: How is it that Auburn can go from worst to "close to first" in one year?

Does Auburn have more and better athletes than other teams in D1 football?

If Auburn's strength is running the football, why can't they be stopped?

Anyone watch the game between Auburn and LSU and look at the expression on Les Miles face?

Auburn does throw the football, but not near as much as other SEC schools, right?

Is Gus Malzahn that much better as a head coach than others that he faces?

Gus Malzahn has a relatively short time in the D1 ranks as a coach, right? Why is his team doing so much better than say, the pro style attacks?

Go to this . . . . Does Auburn have a back that measures up to Todd Gurley? Does Auburn have a back better than freshman Nick Chubb? Does Auburn have a back better than Sony Michel when he is well?

Does Auburn have a better tight end than Jeb Blazevich, a freshman?

Does Auburn have a better kicker than Marshall Morgan?

Just questions that I ask "myself". Have "chirped" for a long time about what separates Georgia from others that seem to find answers quickly. You folks ever think about that? Sometimes it is not who we will play next week, sometimes it is about next season. No, I am not talking down to anyone, just asking questions that no one else either wants to ask or discuss.

At the end of last season, there was much noise about our recruiting talent. OK.

Reading a lot of press material about the 2015 recruits.

Last question. What happens when all of that "talent" finds its way to Athens, you know, the Classic City?

Also see where those protecting their jobs are discussing the 2016 recruits at this point. Good stuff, lots of talent, Georgia will be right there, in the final four. Think I am being ugly, ask yourself these questions, I have for many years.

LSU is NOT good at all this year. Very unstable at QB and their DB's make ours look great. Also believe the AU/LSU game was a perfect storm for AU....LSU uncharacteristically stunk it up in all 3 phases of the game.

I don't like looking back but we had AU beat last year, so it's not like they beat us 40-10. KSU's D shut AU down.

LSU just isn't very good this year.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63268 by wlayton

Buc wrote:

Dawg With Style wrote: Allburn plays for 60 min. an always believe they will win.

DWS, do you think that's what is missing with us? Not you and I . . . .thinking team and coaches? I hope that you understand that the statement you made has much meaning to me. Not that it matters to anyone else, lots of truth in the sixty minute statement.

Allow me this. I am not sure that I have ever witnessed Mark Richt bringing the hammer down on an opponent. Not going to argue with anyone about that, but it is another area that separates me from Mark Richt. Cleats on, not a time to be nice. Game over shake hands if you like and go about getting ready for the next opponent.

DWS, don't like some of the "cute" things that I have seen so far coming from those that should understand their positions.

Could very easily go into a thousand words, but simply I want to see leadership. Leave that right where it is.

Agree with you Buc about CMR not putting down the hammer. Will say last Sat that Chubb scored with 28 seconds to go though.....new trend??....we'll see.

Uh....we usually aren't in a position to put the hammer down, usually we are just trying to WIN!! :(

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63270 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Need Some Help . . . .
wlayton as you know, we had AM last year also . . . . :whistle:

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63272 by wlayton

Buc wrote: wlayton as you know, we had AM last year also . . . . :whistle:

Very true, but WE had AM last year. ;)

Just like WE have TG, Chubb, Michel etc etc

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds