Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Vandy need I say more

Buc wrote: [

georgia.scout.com/story/1455702-hd-video...-post-game-tennessee

Great video. Great team player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63096 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic WOW,...very telling interview,....
First and foremost, thanks Buc, for providing the link. I hadn't seen the interview and find it very telling....I do, however, believe that TG was speaking mostly "tongue in cheek" when he referred to CMB's play calling...Either that, or we are in for a world of hurt when TG defects to the NFL...

What struck me the most was TG's seeming uncertainty about the return of our "high profile" pass catchers! I'm not all together sure if this was an indictment of those injured/suspended or TG's unease with our QB's ability to get the ball to them....

The reality going forward is UGA will face teams that will do a much better job then UT and USCe in stacking the box...IF we get no more from HM/CMB to counter punch than what we've seen thus far,...

GO DAWGS!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63098 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic WOW,...very telling interview,....
As you rightly point out, Todd Gurley made the statement in the video that we will face the same against every team we play. That will start this "Homecoming Weekend". The Commodores best bet at either winning or playing a decent SEC game will have all hands on deck, and that will be 8 or so in the box. Trying not to be ugly. Their head coach will force us to throw the football at some point. Haven't seen the point spread yet, haven't looked. Will do so at some point.

Vanderbilt just came off of a game against a team that I believe is going to give us problems.

Kentucky is much like Georgia, they are going to grow each game, the "Stoops" boys are hard assed coaches, all of them. Believe that number to be three (3). Stoops took his FSU "attitude" to Kentucky and anyone that doubts he is a very good coach, there are reasons that Jimbo Fisher wanted him. Stoops has some of the same talents that Pruitt has, and like it or not, programs change for the better with "leadership". Stoops did not take the head coaching job at Kentucky just because he wanted to be a head coach.

Think I am one that makes mention of FSU, Bobby Bowden more than some here, other boards don't seem to look that deep.

Anyone, meaning coaches or players that think all things remain the same, in for a big surprise.

SEC is getting stronger, media is a big aid in promoting the SEC. Media said we slipped last season (2013) as a conference. Funny how many in the media and the country think that the West side of the SEC has 5 or so teams that are better than all but a handful.

You guys have to allow me this . . . . Don't hear much about urban meyer at this point. My Ohio State big time booster does not want to discuss his chirping to me two years ago that Ohio State under urban meyer would play in the National Championship Game. I love football.

Going to end with this . . . . again . . . . What happened to Rome? Did the sandbox take his spirit away? Not calling him out, just curious. Jeb Blazevich and Quayvon Hicks can and will catch the ball if Vanderbilt loads the box. Easy throws, time to think "outside the box" by our offensive coaches.

See where Sheldon Dawson gave it up today. Maybe he will reconsider as some others have done in the recent past.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/09/29/33290...-leaves-georgia.html

More
9 years 7 months ago #63100 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic WOW,...very telling interview,....
didn't see any plays called to the TE other than the one that hit JB in the back of the helmet when he was not looking, he must of been the primary on that play because HM does not even look for the secondary

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63102 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Vandy need I say more
Gurley accused of assault in a bar at 3:00 in the morning.

At least we know that it was a false accusation, but like my dad said... "Nothing good comes from being out that time of the evening".

Sheldon Dawson no longer with the team.

A player telling the OC what plays to run...

What's going on here?

Oh wait, I know.... a Mark Richt team! :evil:

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63103 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
Wartdawg and others . . . .

It becomes increasingly difficult for me to understand when I see what is and is not going on in Athens. Allow me this . . . . Other universities have their problems also, correct me if I am wrong, we seem to go through the "same" problems year after year. While "we" cannot control what others do or don't do, this continuing pattern of "sameness" most seasons gets to the point that it begs this question. What if anything is being done to move away from "sameness"?

Not really thinking along the lines of players in trouble. More along the lines of the "sameness" we get almost every year from a coaching standpoint.

Something that I have wanted to say on this board for a long time, will do so now.

Seems one of our big recruiting tools is telling the young men how many players we have put in the NFL. That is well and good, except where does that leave those of us that want to see more out of our efforts toward becoming all we can be. By that I mean this . . . . Are we promoting the NFL angle more than the college angle.

Example of the above. Todd Gurley will go to the NFL, that is a good thing, he earned it. So, Todd Gurley is gone after this season, just exactly where does that leave you and I, the fans. We don't seem to ever prepare for next season. For many years the offensive line was a forgotten place on our team. Seems now we are going down that same road with the quarterback situation.

If we have talented players, play them. One of Mark Richt's much used words is . . . . Team. Ever notice that in his pressers and sideline conversations for you and I. Smoke and mirrors as I see it.

Speaking truthfully . . . . Does anyone on this board and those that read this board believe that Georgia will represent the East in Atlanta? Take that a step further. Does anyone on this board believe that we could play in the West side of the SEC and win a trip to Atlanta? After 13 years going on 14, I need for someone to explain to me why I should be satisfied with the way our "Team" has been performed over that length of time.

I will give my answer (again). Too many in Athens are "comfortable in their skin". There is something missing and it is very easy to point to the "why". Called lack of leadership.

Last thingy . . . . player does not get on the field, what chance does he have to play in the NFL. Takes me back to the Moreno thing, coaches were real "smart" there, right? How many of those recruited to Georgia were told that we put a lot of players in the NFL. There are a lot, but it is easy to fill a young 17/18 year olds head with visions of "lollipops". My question is why don't more of our young men make it to the NFL? Answer . . . . bet here is you have the answer.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds