Forum

Vandy need I say more

9 years 7 months ago #63134 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Vandy need I say more
Hope for HM's sake that he does not try to do what he CANNOT DO, that would spell disaster...but now the pressure is on to produce and "let it rip" so all I can say is good luck he will need it, regardless of who the D he is going against...and letting it rip just takes the ball out of the hands of the playmakers like #3 and #27...a pass first offense is what we are going to see come Saturday just to try and be "cute" and to try to silence the detractors....good luck with that also...

They will not start any QB other than #14....the other QB's may get some snaps but #14 will get the majority...

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63135 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more

ogredawg wrote: Hope for HM's sake that he does not try to do what he CANNOT DO, that would spell disaster...but now the pressure is on to produce and "let it rip" so all I can say is good luck he will need it, regardless of who the D he is going against...and letting it rip just takes the ball out of the hands of the playmakers like #3 and #27...a pass first offense is what we are going to see come Saturday just to try and be "cute" and to try to silence the detractors....good luck with that also...

They will not start any QB other than #14....the other QB's may get some snaps but #14 will get the majority...

ogredawg, a lot of questions will be answered Saturday. Maybe I should say, need to be answered.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63136 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Vandy need I say more

yankeedawg1 wrote: :( Good on you Buc for getting back to CWF. Look in your vault and see how early in the spring I said to all that

our "OL" was going to be a pleasant surprise. We have also built some depth and more help heading to the Classic City.

Be happy to get Blake Edwards back on the field.

Tell me again how nasty can't be taught After reading all that posted here it is some what amazing how the blame

throwers come out so quickly and so little is covered when we do see improvement.

The UT game was the third game played with our new "D" not counting Troy focus is on the DB's what about the front 7

Anyone notice on we handled the onside kick? Our front line moved with their kicker, coaching had the Qman go get

the ball before.... it traveled the 10yds any noise from the choir about how are special teams have improved

UT recovers and Katie Bar... Choir made noise about SM getting hurt running the wildcat.. SM was Capt. of the ST

and has played very well covering kicks... which if I am not mistaking is a area were a large number of injuries occur

SM runs between the tackles as a RB what changes if he is running off a direct snap??

DS broke his thumb playing DB but he also has done very well on ST

This is not in defense of CMB however choir made noise about TG not running the ball from the 4 yd line at USC

UT game we run the QB untouched from the 3yd line and scores choir is silent

CJP after the USC game said 35 points should get you a win... kept his word and we did against UT

Fun to tear down things that don't work

Company does something bad to a customer and that customer will tell 15 people they were wronged

Company does something well and the customer will tell 5 the good news

Not pumping sunshine just seeing the trees for the forest

Anyone in the choir say anything about us not quitting or running out of gas in the 4th quarter

Choir screamed that we needed to give the ball more to TG since the Clemson game

UT game he had 79yds starting the 4th quarter ended with 208 yds was rested in the 3rd

Good Coaching?

Also, you could argue that downing the punt at the 1/2 yard line won the game. ST. Good post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 7 months ago #63137 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Vandy need I say more

yankeedawg1 wrote: :( Good on you Buc for getting back to CWF. Look in your vault and see how early in the spring I said to all that

our "OL" was going to be a pleasant surprise. We have also built some depth and more help heading to the Classic City.

Be happy to get Blake Edwards back on the field.

Tell me again how nasty can't be taught After reading all that posted here it is some what amazing how the blame

throwers come out so quickly and so little is covered when we do see improvement.

The UT game was the third game played with our new "D" not counting Troy focus is on the DB's what about the front 7

Anyone notice on we handled the onside kick? Our front line moved with their kicker, coaching had the Qman go get

the ball before.... it traveled the 10yds any noise from the choir about how are special teams have improved

UT recovers and Katie Bar... Choir made noise about SM getting hurt running the wildcat.. SM was Capt. of the ST

and has played very well covering kicks... which if I am not mistaking is a area were a large number of injuries occur

SM runs between the tackles as a RB what changes if he is running off a direct snap??

DS broke his thumb playing DB but he also has done very well on ST

This is not in defense of CMB however choir made noise about TG not running the ball from the 4 yd line at USC

UT game we run the QB untouched from the 3yd line and scores choir is silent

CJP after the USC game said 35 points should get you a win... kept his word and we did against UT

Fun to tear down things that don't work

Company does something bad to a customer and that customer will tell 15 people they were wronged

Company does something well and the customer will tell 5 the good news

Not pumping sunshine just seeing the trees for the forest

Anyone in the choir say anything about us not quitting or running out of gas in the 4th quarter

Choir screamed that we needed to give the ball more to TG since the Clemson game

UT game he had 79yds starting the 4th quarter ended with 208 yds was rested in the 3rd

Good Coaching?

playing not lose is what we did in the 3rd qtr...typical and Bobo is still an idiot

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63138 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
Something football wise, not to look at the current situation any other way.

Mike Bobo has often said in his pressers that he is all about 50/50 pass and run. That is a very good thing, especially if it works. Thinking back over a period of years, that is the statement at this point that keeps returning to this old brain.

Take from this statement what you want, and please give it some thought, not just unload the shotgun. From what you and I have seen from our offensive football team . . . . at this point how is that possible.

I said above that this Saturday should or could go a long way in decision making, offensively. I can hear all of the let'er rip talk coming from the coaches and player at this point. I would expect to hear that based on what is being produced on the field and having the press and internet bloggers pointing to what has happened thus far.

Just thinking.

Edit: If nothing else, with the return of Malcolm Mitchell and Justin Scott-Wesley, it will require Vandy to cover these two. Some on this board and other places will say, Hutson Mason can't get the ball to the wide receivers deep. At this point it has to be proven to me that Hutson can get the ball to the wide receivers deep.

I have gone back and looked at some film, unless Hutson Mason has some type of arm problem, he is capable of passing deep. He does not throw what I would call a "pretty pass", but looking at some of his tosses, he did not have a problem. I continue to believe that he is "restricted" in what he is "allowed" to do. Think about that. He does have a stable of backs on the field with him. While Todd Gurley is the best of the best, those that relieve him are not chicken liver. They will be our backs after #3 leaves at the end of the season. And this, Hutson Mason is in his last season at the helm. Has been said often, how much experience under center will our quarterback for 2015 have.

This is where I have problems with Mark Richt. Not going to say Mike Bobo at this point. Mark Richt as has been said by many, a great recruiter, not a game manager, both points have been proven over many years, not just this season.

If I am Hutson Mason, know this is my last chance to do something positive, might have to go against the play that is called if I read something that will work better. Remember this, and if you did not know, AM not only called the running/passing plays from scrimmage, but in the process he also called the offensive line sets. Not 100% of the time, but way the hell above 50%. Many times we would see our center make hand motions to our linemen, what he was doing was relating what AM wanted them to do. Fact.

My thoughts on Hutson Mason . . . . shell shocked, meaning in his fifth year, it is totally different than carrying a clipboard and wearing earphones rather than a helmet. Vanderbilt I will say again, should answer many questions. Break the rules Hutson, might be you understand better than those in the press box. I said that, all of that.

Edit #2
Below is a video of Hutson Mason in high school. If you have 8 or so minutes, watch the entire video. I don't see a noodle arm, or someone that is not "confident". My question is this . . . . again, what prevents Hutson from making the throws that I see in the film. Check the yardage on some of his passes. Throwing into tight coverage, progressing through his reads, scrambling when necessary. Throws every pass needed in this film to quarterback Georgia. Allow me this . . . . the confidence factor could be the expectations after sitting behind AM for 4 years. There is much more to coaching than a strong arm. That is why it is called coaching, sometimes this day and time it is referred to as teaching. Let'er rip Hutson, this is for all of the marbles, don't be the scapegoat. Have seen the coaches over many years duck when the truth is required. My thoughts.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 6 months ago #63139 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Vandy need I say more
Al good points Buc. HM still has only started 6 games. Hope it all clicks this

Weekend before hitting the road wife was spot on not looking off the. D

FACT. it wasn't all roses for AM. Go Dawgs

No team scored in the 3rd quarter of the UT game. save the car in the middle laps

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds