Forum

Vandy need I say more

9 years 7 months ago #63120 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Vandy need I say more
Why is it whenever that Richt speaks, I end up more angry?

"If we weren't giving the ball to Todd (Gurley), Sony (Michel) and (Nick) Chubb you guys would be asking why we're not giving them the ball more," - Richt

Well Mark... we did complain about you not giving him the ball.. ya know, from the 4 yard line.

I'll set aside the snide attitude, but does he really think the complaint is that we are not throwing the ball ENOUGH?

No MR... it's not the quantity, it's the quality.

Sheesh

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63121 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
If you guys have not seen this video, Stinchcomb has some interesting things to say about Georgia and some of the problems that are related to coaching, and also why we are where we are.

Mark Richt really thinks that he has a grip on college football. He has a grip on those that want him to remain the front man in Athens. Nothing has changed, the Group chose their man 14 years ago.

www.secsports.com/video/11615137/stinchc...eorgia-atop-sec-east

More
9 years 7 months ago #63122 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Vandy need I say more

Buc wrote: Anyone think that the offensive coaches and players are not concerned about the recent direction of the offense.

When the internet heats up, yes the same internet that the coaches say they don't read, funny how we hear of changes under Richt/Bobo.

Reading the article, not only is Hutson Mason saying he is going to change his playing style, Bennett had a comment that is telling on what should be a part of the offensive game plan.

Going to say this . . . . I hope that Hutson comes out and lets it rip. Don't think I read a word in the article below about tight ends.

I fully expected to hear something along the lines of what Richt said. Part of the PR that Wartdawg mentioned earlier in this thread.

Hutson, don't believe that folks are anti Hutson Mason, have to understand that many of us are older and have been down this path more than once in the past 14 years.

Let'er rip Hutson.

www.macon.com/2014/09/30/3336170_mason-a...indset-let.html?rh=1

The soft part of me wants to believe that Mason has a grip on his issues. A lot of what he is saying does make a sense but the proof is in the pudding. I mean if you just go off of his stats alone then you think oh we just tweak a few things and now that we have our key receivers back we can just let him "rip" it downfield. BUT if you know what you're looking at and you go off the eye test then there is a lot that he has to improve on and it will not happen in one week. Actually, unfortunately for Mason it will never happen, we aren't going to get a different QB this weekend. It really sounds like he is a head case, which trust me you do NOT want one of those types at the helm. Nevertheless I wish the best for Mason and I hope that kid comes out on Saturday and straight lights it up!

If I'm CMR I make a decision that I believe is the best for my team moving forward for the future. If Ramsey is my number 2 man then I start him Saturday and give him that game starting experience and if he is playing well then I let him keep playing. We are in the same situation that Bama and Clemson were in at the beginning of the season and they have both found their starters and they did it the right way by letting their guys play in real game situations. Not everyone plays the same in practice as they do in games, that goes both ways.

Speaking of Bama, they are going to make a statement this weekend and pull away from the rest. I'm not a Kiffen fan but you have to respect what he does on that side of the ball, oh and Simms is pretty dang good, he is playing like a BOSS! Speaking of Clemson, I'm still puzzled as to why we didn't pursue Watson! The kid has so much talent! Clemson will be a big threat for the next 3 years.

Finally, I think it's paramount to have a dual threat QB in this day of age in college football. Look at all of the top teams, they all have a QB that can run it for big yards if things break down in coverage. Off the top of my head the only true PP in the top 10 is Cook and I would say there is about 7 true PP in the top 25. With a dual threat QB you almost always need to have a spy which gives your O an advantage. I think we have one of those dudes on our bench...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63123 by sflanagan21

Buc wrote: ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Truth.
sflanagan21, you sound like a "coach" that sees things as they are, not how some want them to be. Good stuff. :)

Appears that you have canoe in the bed of the truck. Have a son in Ft. Lauderdale that fishes in his canoe offshore in the Atlantic.

Reading some more quarterback thoughts around the internet this morning, seems the "media" is in Ramsey's corner. If he turns out to be the man, hope that our offensive quarterback coach does not put blinders and a bridle on the young man. Some coaches like the one that coaches TAM has no problem reloading the quarterback position.

Buc, that's a commercial whitewater raft in the back of my truck. During college and several years after I managed a whitewater rafting company outside the Smokies in Tenn. I stopped managing that company and guiding trips in 2007, so I bought a few boats and my wife and I run private trips during the summer.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63124 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
When my wife and I lived in Atlanta, we had a nice raft and floated the "hooch" often. Once upon a time that was a lot of fun . . . . 1970's. Have some photos of my daughter whitewater rafting up there in the areas that there is whitewater. Will post them down the road. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #63125 by sflanagan21

Buc wrote: When my wife and I lived in Atlanta, we had a nice raft and floated the "hooch" often. Once upon a time that was a lot of fun . . . . 1970's. Have some photos of my daughter whitewater rafting up there in the areas that there is whitewater. Will post them down the road. :)

Spent many weekends diving and flipping off of rocks in the Hooch Buc, some good times in that muddy water!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds