Forum

Vandy need I say more

9 years 6 months ago #63059 by Dawg With Style
Vandy need I say more was created by Dawg With Style
OK Gurley it's up too u Sony out for a month or longer.

Back too Chubb Douglas an TG 3.
Thurman any word own him.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63065 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Vandy need I say more
HHHhhhhmmmmmm,.....What's the intel on Vandy's O front 7?....I gotta say, even though our D secondary was a porous as a sponge against UT, they made plays when counted and our pass rush looked intimidating....For me, our D took a baby step forward last week...I'll not bother talking about our O....it was covered in another thread....

GO DAWGS!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 6 months ago #63077 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Vandy need I say more
Old friend we agree most of the time, but not this go-around. The defense was terrible. The secondary was like a like a bucket with a hole in it. Yes, the QB didn't have a good game. We need to give some else a look-see at some point in the Vandy game. I thought JP was supposed to be a teacher, either he not doing a good job at teaching or his "students" are dumb asses. He had them for spring ball & pre-season ball & they don't look any better than what TG turned out. Oh well, it's just a game. I for one like 3yrds & a cloud of dust, passing only when necessary. Three things can happen when you pass the ball & two of them are bad. Old Bear Bryant's comment on the pass.
AS always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63080 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more

Dawg With Style wrote: OK Gurley it's up too u Sony out for a month or longer.

Back too Chubb Douglas an TG 3.
Thurman any word own him.

DWS, this is the last I have heard about AJ Turman.

Turman not close to return

Sep 16, 1:00 PM

Tailback A.J. Turman remains out of action for Georgia's team after undergoing foot/toe surgery earlier in the offseason, and Mark Richt said Tuesday that he doesn't see that changing soon.

"He might could be healthy by late in the year somewhere along the way," Richt said, "but I don't know if he will or not."

Turman, who redshirted last season as a true freshman, hasn't practiced since the spring.

Asked if this was potentially a career-threatening injury, Richt said it was not.

"He'll end up being healthy, but he's just not there yet," Richt said.

I am one of those that really believes in football players like Brandon Douglas, DWS. Have read where Douglas is not a happy camper at this point.

One of the problems with Georgia football over a period of time is solid players never getting playing time, or very little playing time. Expect to see Douglas getting some snaps against Vanderbilt. Has the same intensity that Jalen Hurd for Tennessee exhibited Saturday in Athens.

So much to be said, so few ears that listen.

Word or two on the defensive side of the ball. Pruitt/Rocker have to like what they saw Saturday from "Preacher Drew". Played an incredible game. Drew is now going to play like all of us had hoped for when he signed on. Rocker is getting closer to putting a very good defensive front on the field every game day. Drew is much quicker than he was prior to Rocker taking over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago #63082 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Vandy need I say more

DawgDoc wrote: Three things can happen when you pass the ball & two of them are bad. Old Bear Bryant's comment on the pass.
AS always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it was Darrell Royal who said that first and then it was made even more famous when
Woody Hayes repeated it.

Hey though... with TG and Chubb... I'm fine with 3 yards and a cloud of dust...because with TG in your backfield one of those 3 yarders is going to break for 67!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63091 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more

NC_Dawg wrote: HHHhhhhmmmmmm,.....What's the intel on Vandy's O front 7?....I gotta say, even though our D secondary was a porous as a sponge against UT, they made plays when counted and our pass rush looked intimidating....For me, our D took a baby step forward last week...I'll not bother talking about our O....it was covered in another thread....

GO DAWGS!

Keep coming back to this post.

Have been around teams for some time now that use the two deep a lot during games. Some seem to remain in the zone type play for an entire game.

I have thoughts about what Jeremy Pruitt is doing, and quite frankly it makes a lot of sense. Pruitt has players that are going through the motions of trying very hard to become a viable force. Agree with the above about baby steps forward. First year Pruitt is trying really hard to simplify what was considered by most folks, players, coaches and others to be a "confused" group. One of the more telling points on our defensive backs were the "arm waving" posts all across the internet.

Pruitt knows that he has a good group up front, and the defensive front is getting better and deeper. Might be if the front continues to improve even more, the defensive backfield will be able to play more man. Cover two has openings, Steve Spurrier knows how to call plays against the "2" and proved that against Pruitt in Columbia. Defensive front against South Carolina was not really effective, and . . . .

It is only fair that Pruitt/Rocker and Company have at least one year to put "most" of their schemes in place.

Looking at this . . . . right now the "experts" have Georgia listed as the #2 rated class for 2015. Anyone that thinks any of this would have happened had not recruiters like the defensive group that is now in place would have happened with last years coaches, don't need to go there again.

Also agree with your post in another thread about the offense. Not the players as such, more along the lines of, don't have to go there either. It is obvious for many years.

Stop with this. If Todd Gurley was not playing for Georgia, not sure we would have won a single game this season, and that might also include Troy State. Remove Gurley from this years team, one or two of the higher ups might be looking for employment elsewhere. Gurley has made that much difference, period. Gurley said that Mike Bobo asked him before the game what plays he wanted to run. Think about that. I did.

Edit: Know that most or many have watched the Todd Gurley post game interview. Reason that I am posting the video here is to show what Gurley had to say about Mike Bobo and him discussing running plays. Did not get it quite right above, the last paragraph. Anyway go to the 3 minute mark in the video.

georgia.scout.com/story/1455702-hd-video...-post-game-tennessee
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds