Forum

Vandy need I say more

9 years 7 months ago #63112 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
Allow me this . . . .

While some might think what is being said in this particular thread is going too far, that is something that each of us have to decide individually.

For far too long Georgia fans were willing to go along with "things" that seemed not quite up to speed. I have read around the internet since our loss to South Carolina that Pruitt needs to be put on the chopping block. When I read comments like that, it brings me to a greater realization of just how little some folks know and understand football. Some of those same posters think all is well under our head coach.

One of the continuing problems I have, a quote that our head coach made pointed at you and I. "We basically should not say anything because we are not and have not been in the ARENA." He has, he is, and I still see the same lack of leadership.

Can't have a discussion with many that think our program has been and is being run properly.

I am hoping that sflanagan21 is right about other quarterback(s) playing in the Vandy Game. Homecoming, should have good attendance. From all that I can gather, some of the older folks that will be in Athens would like nothing better than seeing some changes in our coaching methods. Home field, home crowd, what better time and place to "experiment"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63113 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Vandy need I say more
I am sure that MR will make sure we rotate some QB's a bit.... gotta quieten down those desenters (who haven't been in the arena).

Come crunch time though... my bet is Mason will still be the man.

The "rotating" of QB's will just be a PR move.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63114 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote: I am sure that MR will make sure we rotate some QB's a bit.... gotta quieten down those desenters (who haven't been in the arena).

Come crunch time though... my bet is Mason will still be the man.

The "rotating" of QB's will just be a PR move.

Wartdawg, agree that is how it should be. When I look over his past coaching history, he is commonly referred to as this . . . . HARD HEADED. Nothing wrong with a hard head, as long as that hard head has more to do with the player, team, university or fan base and not self gratification.

Sometimes those of us that have watched the past many years come up with this type of post.

The best part of the season for a UGA fan is the period between the end of the season and the start of the next season. This is the period of dreaming for which UGA is so renowned and CMR does such a great job of orchestrating this.

The bold paragraph was lifted off of the internet. I did not say that, although . . . .

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63117 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Vandy need I say more
I have a friend that played at UGA with Bobo and he text me this, "you're gonna be happy Saturday Flanagan". He is limited to what he knows and he will only tell me so much but he did tell me that they were working on something that would be a surprise to me before the SC game, that was the Wild Dawg which they never ran in the SC game but they did obviously in the Troy game. So he does has some very limited insight.

If I were CMR I would start whoever it is they think is ready against Vandy besides Mason. Give our future QB the opportunity to prove himself as a starter in a meaningful game. This is the perfect time and opponent to take a look at the QB position. Look what happened at LSU and Clemson this past weekend! We are behind the 8 ball right now and a move better happen this weekend or we will lucky to be 8-4 at seasons end with Mason. It's a win-win for our pogram no matter how you look at it because the fact is we are not a top tier team this year that's going to be competing for the NC with Mason. So let's get our future QB some playing time right now! CMR gave Mason a fair shake, it's not personal he just isn't a big program QB and that's a fact! Time to move on right now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63118 by Buc
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Truth.
sflanagan21, you sound like a "coach" that sees things as they are, not how some want them to be. Good stuff. :)

Appears that you have canoe in the bed of the truck. Have a son in Ft. Lauderdale that fishes in his canoe offshore in the Atlantic.

Reading some more quarterback thoughts around the internet this morning, seems the "media" is in Ramsey's corner. If he turns out to be the man, hope that our offensive quarterback coach does not put blinders and a bridle on the young man. Some coaches like the one that coaches TAM has no problem reloading the quarterback position.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63119 by Buc
Anyone think that the offensive coaches and players are not concerned about the recent direction of the offense.

When the internet heats up, yes the same internet that the coaches say they don't read, funny how we hear of changes under Richt/Bobo.

Reading the article, not only is Hutson Mason saying he is going to change his playing style, Bennett had a comment that is telling on what should be a part of the offensive game plan.

Going to say this . . . . I hope that Hutson comes out and lets it rip. Don't think I read a word in the article below about tight ends.

I fully expected to hear something along the lines of what Richt said. Part of the PR that Wartdawg mentioned earlier in this thread.

Hutson, don't believe that folks are anti Hutson Mason, have to understand that many of us are older and have been down this path more than once in the past 14 years.

Let'er rip Hutson.

www.macon.com/2014/09/30/3336170_mason-a...indset-let.html?rh=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds