Forum

Vandy need I say more

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63153 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more

TN Dawg wrote: Vandy game started to concern me after last week until I realized we still have TG II, SM, NC, and others at TB. I know we will be able to run the ball because Vandy does not have the D that UT does, but I would like to see Mason "open it up" a little more this game. With JSW, JR, & MM returning, seems like opportunity to get more confidence. These guys will not be game ready so let's use them sparingly and use other receivers as well. Where was the TE last game?

Buc, read your comment about UF and believe me nothing would tickle me more than dismantling UF and watching Muschump implode, but we better get a lot better or we could go into Jax 4 - 3 and on 2 game losing streak. Right now you could be looking at an 8 - 4 UGA team. And that is if we beat UF & UK.

TN Dawg, think all of us at times have "short memories". This board needed a crying towel back when the gators were working us over. Anyone that posts or reads this board have to understand that things need to happen in Athens. Not going to SHOUT.

What has happened to the gators is the same thing that we went through when they were wearing us out. Steve Spurrier is the coach that stopped the "stuff" that was going on in Gainesville, Florida. Right now, Florida backers and fans are nipping at the heels of Jeremy Foley. Spurrier wanted to return after his stint with the Washington Redskins. Foley has a huge ego, that is exactly what prevented Spurrier from returning.

Think about this. Spurrier has taken a South Carolina football team and introduced them to 11 win seasons. He is doing that without the "stars" that the talking heads like to use to get attention, and quite frankly, save their jobs. Wonder what he could have done with twice the amount of talent he has had at South Carolina, coaching the gators. Just a question.

The escalating talk about Foley is he needs to get a "name", he missed on quite frankly, urban meyer and Will Muschamp. Missed on urban meyer you say? meyer took over a team that was loaded with "Florida talent". Used the talent up and moved on. Muschamp thought he was all that . . . . he has found out that he is not "all that". Folks, someone has to "move on". It ain't Foley at this point, but that talk is also growing.

It has been said on this board, not that long ago. Georgia has the opportunity to make believers out of the gators. Ain't gonna happen when we act like we are acting now. Mark Richt trying to be cute with his quarterback talk prior to the Vanderbilt "homecoming". Richt needs to get out of the way, be very careful not to let the press "use him". Not sure he has that talent either.

Much to be said, and it will be. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63154 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Vandy need I say more
If Mason's problems are because he has not had sufficient playing time, then we are facing the same problems next year, and should get playing time for Ramsey or Bauta. If Mason's problems are because he is not an SEC high end QB, then we need to get playing time for Ramsey or Bauta and see if they are. Either way, they should be getting some snaps in games bigger than Troy.

Hope HM finds his way this weekend. Just not expecting miracles. Defense needs to get it together for Mizzou if we don't have a passing threat on the road in a big game.

Kudos to the ST guys for their play with the onside kick attempt and the punt coverage. Kudos to O Line for standing tall.

Next few weeks are make or break time for a let of SEC teams. Those games are what makes the SEC the best football to watch in the nation.

PS. REMEMBER LAST YEAR, guys. Would settle for 50 point win.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63155 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Vandy need I say more
Vandy has a world of hurt.... starting QB out with a concussion.

Freshman to start. Much work to be done for us...need to use this game to get better in several Areas......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63156 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Vandy need I say more

yankeedawg1 wrote: Vandy has a world of hurt.... starting QB out with a concussion.

Freshman to start. Much work to be done for us...need to use this game to get better in several Areas......Go Dawgs

Yup, could be a great opportunity! Just need to PRAY that the "Dynamic Duo on O" don't fall prey to their known proclivity to make mountains out of mole hills.....

Different team, different year, but does the name Maty Mauk strike a chord?...Just gonna sit back with MANY cold brews and watch this unfold....

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63157 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
Looking back this morning, again.

When the pressure got so heavy on Willie Martinez as defensive coordinator, took Mark Richt too long to correct that situation. Yes it did!

After the dismissal of Willie, Willie put his lips out and refused to go with the team to the bowl game, such as it was. Mark Richt trying to keep his record of bowl appearance alive. He was also on the "hot seat" at that point.

Replacing the defensive coordinator became quite concerning to me. Mark Richt turned down by several of the recognized defensive coordinators that were approached. Several numbers were mentioned as to how many coordinators had been approached. More than one, Truth.

Finally grantham was hired on. Somehow Mark Richt never seemed to be totally comfortable with grantham, after the first year it became apparent that Richt/grantham were on a collision course. They did collide.

After all of the miscues that were made, came down to the offensive line coach to find Mark Richt a suitable replacement. Mark Richt did not find Jeremy Pruitt, Will Friend did that. Richt recognized the fact that he was back in a similar position that he went through finding a replacement for Martinez. This time Richt did not allow any grass to grow under his feet, moved quickly.

So, here is my question. If Georgia is such a great place to play football, what makes it so difficult to hire top talent? Having talked to many folks, seems most agree it is not the University of Georgia that prevents talented coaches from signing on. Wonder what that reason might be? Think about that.

The "Group" was thrilled that Pruitt/Rocker and Company landed in Athens, and quickly at that. Kept their prize off of the "hot seat, again". I said that.

Have said several times, which is more than once that Mark Richt needs to stay out of the way. Recruits and Moms love him, that in my mind is his importance to the Georgia Football Team. Mark Richt is not a motivator. If we disagree on that, won't be the first time.

I look at defensive coordinators like Kirby Smart, side by side with Nick Saban. John Chavis side by side with Les Miles. Bud Foster side by side with Frank Beamer. We are into our fourth defensive coordinator since Mark Richt arrived. Pruitt has a three year contract, just wondering. Numbers of defensive coordinators divided into Mark Richt's years of running the Georgia program, turns out to be a little over three years longevity at most.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63158 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Vandy need I say more
Always enjoy reading your posts, Buc. Love the way your mind works! You often bring to the table factoids that few consider over the tenure of CMR's reign. Here's my take away from your post....Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pruitt's contract runs concurrent with, or perhaps just slightly longer that CMR's last extension....I believe!!!...After watching CMR last season, as compared to this one, I've seen an obvious disconnect....What little passion that existed last season; and I believe that was entirely for AM, no longer seems to reside within Mark. That being said, I suspect we will, with a year or two, be dealing with a retiring coach....

Now, clearly CMR has been attempting to anoint Bobo as the Heir Apparent.....LORD HELP US!!!!....Pruitt, however, could put just enough stress on that ambition to make a difference. I like Pruitt and have chosen NOT to disparage his efforts this season, as he isn't working with anyone he recruited and has had to fill in huge gaps caused by player thuggery and/or defection. Next year will begin to tell the tale and every season thereafter, if Mark allows it......

You mentioned a very important point about DC's during CMR's career....Let's not forget the issue's at OC...As you may recall, our original OC was CMR....and after a few years of,....I'll be nice,...less than productive seasons, there was the "sharing" of OC responsibilities, then the full-time hire of CMB.....Toss in many, MANY assistant coaching changes on both sides and you begin to get a clear and disturbing picture of a revolving door....

Now, I've never coached football at any level. I played football and soccer in HS and played Intramural/Club soccer thereafter. Later in life, I coached my girls in soccer all the way to HS. Again, no understanding of football coaching, but plenty elsewhere and I know that without coaching stability across all disciplines the team will suffer!....Just saying......

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds