Forum

Vandy need I say more

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63126 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Vandy need I say more
Good article Buc, thanks.

With S-W and MM coming back, guess we'll see if his dynamics change.

Can only hope he's been in the "trying to hard" funk.

If S-W, MM, Bennett, Conley, Rome/Blazevich, plus the RB's are playing, he has ZERO excuses imo.....ok.....so let it fly!!??!! :unsure:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63127 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Vandy need I say more

wlayton wrote: Good article Buc, thanks.

If S-W, MM, Bennett, Conley, Rome/Blazevich, plus the RB's are playing, he has ZERO excuses imo.....ok.....so let it fly!!??!! :unsure:

I would rather have Ramsey or Bauta "let it fly" at this point. How are we making any progress if we let Mason let it fly and we get the same results at the end of the Vandy game. Now we go into hostile territory (Mizz) with the same problem and still no answer's. But your right wlayton he won't have any excuses this Saturday.

Again I wish Mason nothing but the best and hope the kid comes out on Saturday and lights it up for 400 + with 4 passing TD's and two of them deep to MM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago #63129 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more

I hope that all understand. I am pro Red and Black, with all of the things that I have brought up, it is impossible for me to not want anyone wearing the colors not to be successful.

wlayton, like a lot of folks on this board, I have been around long enough to have a good idea of who can and who can't. It is hard for some coaches to pull the trigger in certain cases, but that will get you canned in many situations.

In Hutson Mason's situation, he has little choice but to let it rip as he and the offensive coaches said.

Just have a hard time with young talent like Jeb Blazevich not getting the ball more, he wants it. Pass hit him in the headgear, but that can be excused "one time" for not being on the same page with the quarterback. My bet is this, throw it in his 6'5" 230/240 direction again, good things will happen.

My wife's biggest complaint at this time is Hutson Mason not looking the defenders off. Yes, my wife probably knows more about football than 95% of those that post in the AJC, and elsewhere. I say that with all seriousness.

This offensive line seems to be moving forward, especially when run blocking. Did not start that sentence to end the way it did. ;) Still keeping the faith in Will Friend, beginning to see results. Have to say this, overall our team has been either neglected or simply some of the coaches have no reason to be coaching D1 football. We had a mess prior to grantham coming on board and he took it further down the drain.

The coaches on the offensive side of the ball are sitting on a mountain of talented football players, and more heading to Athens in 2015. Imperative to take care of the business at hand . . . . quarterback position.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #63130 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Vandy need I say more

sflanagan21 wrote:

I would rather have Ramsey or Bauta "let it fly" at this point. How are we making any progress if we let Mason let it fly and we get the same results at the end of the Vandy game. Now we go into hostile territory (Mizz) with the same problem and still no answer's. But your right wlayton he won't have any excuses this Saturday.

Again I wish Mason nothing but the best and hope the kid comes out on Saturday and lights it up for 400 + with 4 passing TD's and two of them deep to MM!

AMEN.....pulling for him and hope getting them back opens up our passing game, but..........??

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #63132 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Vandy need I say more

Buc wrote:

I hope that all understand. I am pro Red and Black, with all of the things that I have brought up, it is impossible for me to not want anyone wearing the colors not to be successful.

wlayton, like a lot of folks on this board, I have been around long enough to have a good idea of who can and who can't. It is hard for some coaches to pull the trigger in certain cases, but that will get you canned in many situations.

In Hutson Mason's situation, he has little choice but to let it rip as he and the offensive coaches said.

Just have a hard time with young talent like Jeb Blazevich not getting the ball more, he wants it. Pass hit him in the headgear, but that can be excused "one time" for not being on the same page with the quarterback. My bet is this, throw it in his 6'5" 230/240 direction again, good things will happen.

My wife's biggest complaint at this time is Hutson Mason not looking the defenders off. Yes, my wife probably knows more about football than 95% of those that post in the AJC, and elsewhere. I say that with all seriousness.

This offensive line seems to be moving forward, especially when run blocking. Did not start that sentence to end the way it did. ;) Still keeping the faith in Will Friend, beginning to see results. Have to say this, overall our team has been either neglected or simply some of the coaches have no reason to be coaching D1 football. We had a mess prior to grantham coming on board and he took it further down the drain.

The coaches on the offensive side of the ball are sitting on a mountain of talented football players, and more heading to Athens in 2015. Imperative to take care of the business at hand . . . . quarterback position.

Buc, you freaking said a mouthful in that last paragraph my man! I've always thought that our problem is with Bobo and not so much as with CMR. Yea I realize that CMR is the HC and it all starts and ends with him but I think Bobo somehow convinced CMR to buy into his beliefs on how the offense should be ran. I mean look at what CMR did while he was at FSU, he was light years ahead of the game as an OC! Oh yea and he coached Charlie Ward so he knows how to coach up a dual treat QB.

As a die hard, obsessed, hard core UGA fan it's so painful for me personally to see so much talent coming in year after year and we can never seem to do anything with it! When I say that I'm talking along the lines of winning a NC, to me winning 8-10 games a year with the load of talent we have every year is NOT acceptable. I will admit that I'm an overachiever and I hate to lose but the buck has to stop at some point with someone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63133 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Vandy need I say more
:( Good on you Buc for getting back to CWF. Look in your vault and see how early in the spring I said to all that

our "OL" was going to be a pleasant surprise. We have also built some depth and more help heading to the Classic City.

Be happy to get Blake Edwards back on the field.

Tell me again how nasty can't be taught After reading all that posted here it is some what amazing how the blame

throwers come out so quickly and so little is covered when we do see improvement.

The UT game was the third game played with our new "D" not counting Troy focus is on the DB's what about the front 7

Anyone notice on we handled the onside kick? Our front line moved with their kicker, coaching had the Qman go get

the ball before.... it traveled the 10yds any noise from the choir about how are special teams have improved

UT recovers and Katie Bar... Choir made noise about SM getting hurt running the wildcat.. SM was Capt. of the ST

and has played very well covering kicks... which if I am not mistaking is a area were a large number of injuries occur

SM runs between the tackles as a RB what changes if he is running off a direct snap??

DS broke his thumb playing DB but he also has done very well on ST

This is not in defense of CMB however choir made noise about TG not running the ball from the 4 yd line at USC

UT game we run the QB untouched from the 3yd line and scores choir is silent

CJP after the USC game said 35 points should get you a win... kept his word and we did against UT

Fun to tear down things that don't work

Company does something bad to a customer and that customer will tell 15 people they were wronged

Company does something well and the customer will tell 5 the good news

Not pumping sunshine just seeing the trees for the forest

Anyone in the choir say anything about us not quitting or running out of gas in the 4th quarter

Choir screamed that we needed to give the ball more to TG since the Clemson game

UT game he had 79yds starting the 4th quarter ended with 208 yds was rested in the 3rd

Good Coaching?

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds