Forum

Vandy need I say more

9 years 6 months ago #63147 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Vandy need I say more
Vandy game started to concern me after last week until I realized we still have TG II, SM, NC, and others at TB. I know we will be able to run the ball because Vandy does not have the D that UT does, but I would like to see Mason "open it up" a little more this game. With JSW, JR, & MM returning, seems like opportunity to get more confidence. These guys will not be game ready so let's use them sparingly and use other receivers as well. Where was the TE last game?

Buc, read your comment about UF and believe me nothing would tickle me more than dismantling UF and watching Muschump implode, but we better get a lot better or we could go into Jax 4 - 3 and on 2 game losing streak. Right now you could be looking at an 8 - 4 UGA team. And that is if we beat UF & UK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63148 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy need I say more
wlayton, another person that thought he was ready to take on the head coaching job. Much like Charlie Weis that spent time at Notre Dame, Florida and Kansas. Filled his pockets, but Charlie Weis is no football coach. Riding the coat tails of Belichick, guess he was smart enough to do that. Kansas will be his last head coaching job.

That leads me to this. If a program is again on the roller coaster ride, somebody needs to step up and prove their worth. SEC ain't gonna get any easier, young men all over the country want to play in the SEC, they also want to be involved with a well coached SEC team.

What I saw in the game between Georgia and Tennessee was a head coach that is in the game to win, and he is not unlike the head coach at Arkansas, also has that program moving forward. Kentucky has a head coach that will change what has needed to be changed on their campus.

Getting a bit tired of the West side of the SEC proving that they understand how to win. In my mind, comes down to coaching, and that means coaching on campus talent.

Florida's next head coach will change the way football has and is being played in the SEC East. There are already rumors down this way, it is a given that Muschamp has to win.

Dan Mullen's name is growing in the Sunshine State. Maybe you heard it here first. We will see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63149 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Vandy need I say more
Buc, for what it's worth, talk around here is UF doesn't want Mullen......comes from a couple of credible gator radio hosts here in Jax. Guess we'll see.....just hope Sumlin isn't tempted if asked!!!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63150 by Buc
wlayton there are going to be many names speculated on if the gators come up too short this season, as you know. Like the gators or hate them, they have to do something almost "spectacular" for this reason . . . . Jimbo Fisher and the FSU Seminoles. State is loaded with talent, and quite frankly, waiting on a "proven name".

Brother, if Sumlin were to get the position at Florida . . . . don't want to think about it. It is going to take someone like Sumlin to replace Muschamp. Jimbo is leaving a big footprint with every step he takes. Bobby Bowden days are over in Tallahassee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #63151 by Buc
There is a reason that I bring up football in the State of Florida, at some point I will tie it into Georgia football and what many think should be done to move our program ahead. Not being ugly, just talking football that is not discussed by the AJC and others. Football that has a lot to do with the Red and Black. :whistle:

More
9 years 6 months ago #63152 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Vandy need I say more

Buc wrote: wlayton there are going to be many names speculated on if the gators come up too short this season, as you know. Like the gators or hate them, they have to do something almost "spectacular" for this reason . . . . Jimbo Fisher and the FSU Seminoles. State is loaded with talent, and quite frankly, waiting on a "proven name".

Brother, if Sumlin were to get the position at Florida . . . . don't want to think about it. It is going to take someone like Sumlin to replace Muschamp. Jimbo is leaving a big footprint with every step he takes. Bobby Bowden days are over in Tallahassee.

Man, I do NOT want Sumlin at UF.....neither does FSU from a recruiting standpoint. I think he is easily a top 5 coach in the country. What I like about Sumlin is he has NO fear of anybody....hope he's ecstatic at TAM (unless he wants to come to UGA!!!)

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds