Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 2 months ago #66572 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Super Bowl play calling by Seattle remind anyone of the South Carolina game inside the 5 yard line? Wow! Using the UGA playbook it appeared.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66573 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
It was like deja' vu all over again. I've already heard it referred to as the dumbest play call in football history. I guess people who say that don't watch UGA football because they would know it was the second dumbest call in history.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 2 months ago #66575 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Like minds!!!!!!!!!
Y'all beat me to the punch.......line......Looks like Pete fell victim to "RICHTING" last night! Even the announcers were amazed. Guess there's always a "silver lining" to our woes.....At least our annual RICHTING doesn't happen at the Big Show!!!

Wednesday Gentlemen.....NSD......The next step in stoking the "maybe this year" hopes of the Doe Eyed!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 2 months ago #66576 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Like minds!!!!!!!!!
Also brought back thoughts of the SEC Championship Game against Alabama. Little different, but I can still visualize AM running down the field looking to the sideline for "guidance(?)".

Type of play calling that many folks don't like to discuss or "rehash" concerning our head coach. It is what it is. First time, shame on you, second time, shame on me. I count two, without going into "pooch talk".

More
9 years 2 months ago #66577 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Like minds!!!!!!!!!
If your count is only at two, you are being far too kind!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 2 months ago #66578 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Like minds!!!!!!!!!
The entire BullDawg nation all said the same thing last night:

The Seahawks were Richted by PC.

What a bone-headed play, and not surprisingly.... what a terrible result. That's usually what
happens when you make terrible play calls.

BUt do you know how truly Richtish this was? Did you hear his post game comments about the
reasoning?

Now keep in ,ind... they were at the 1 yard line... with a timeout.

When asked "WHY WHY WHY????", Carrol's response was (per yahoo)
sports.yahoo.com/news/what-were-seahawks...sense-062200547.html

Here's what Carroll said: "We sent in our personnel, they sent in their goal-line [unit]. It was not the right matchup for us to run the football, so on second down we throw the ball to really kind of waste that play. If we score, we do, if we don't, then we run it on third and fourth down."

Waste that play. Those words are almost as stunning as the call itself. There were 26 seconds left.

The Seahawks did waste the play. They also wasted the season.

Of course the Patriots would send in their goal-line unit. The play was on the goal line. And the play would have been on the goal line again if Lynch was stopped. And the same on fourth down. This is a running back who is known as "Beast Mode" because he runs over much larger people consistently and unyieldingly. There was a near certainty he would run over just one or two more, and give Seattle a championship.

It was the ultimate in a coaching staff out-thinking itself. Carroll is known for being clever –remember the brilliant fake field goal in the NFC championship? – and yet here he was far too clever. Hand the ball to Lynch. Win the title.

The decision and the post game comment..100% classic Mark Richt moves.. 100%.

NC Dawg noted at least our Richting's don't come in the Championship game, but I would remiss if I didn't point out that even Clown Carrol was able to actually make and win a championship game.....

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds