Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago #59264 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic So what is it going to be
UGA has the same number of Offensive Linemen in the top ten as bama. :ohmy: Lane Kiffen is already bringing them down. :laugh:

Offensive linemen seem to develope more than any other position. Maybe that list will look different at the end of the year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59265 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
DWS, Gurley being chosen as the top running back, and not a single offensive lineman listed in the top ten. Proves the point . . . . Gurley is just that damn good. As ogredawg and others have said . . . . AM is going to be missed. AM tossed the football to Gurley often and got good results.

Hutson Mason has big shoes to fill, personally, would love to see Hutson come in and play like his hair is on fire. Bobo's quote about Mason needing work bothers me.

Still have serious concerns about the offensive line. Can't get away from what little I know about the guys up front. Help is on the way, but . . . . maybe scooby is right, but too far down the road sure does not put us in Atlanta or in the final four. Going to be tough to crack into both sites.

Still believe that Douglas is moving to fullback, and I suspect he is going to be one of the all time best at UGA. Douglas has that "meaness" that is required to play fullback. Douglas does have some "shake", could be a real pleasant surprise at the position, and . . . . added playing time. Me thinks. :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #59267 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: Buc, two things.....loved that comment about did CMR send Petrino a box of Valentine candy for hiring CTG.

Also with mentioning Rocker not just coaching the 3 DL (like the DL coach usually does) but 4 makes you think they may play the 4-3 quite a bit this year depending on the offense they are facing. Know Pruitt did just that at FSU even though he's known as a 3-4 guy.

I'm not sure it really means they are going to a 4-3 a lot of the time.. It's just that in the 3-4 scheme that is en vogue now, the OLB rushes about 9 times for every 1 time he drops into coverage. That being said, it might be best to just have him under the wing of the DL coach instead of the LB coach if 90+ percent of the time he is a rusher.

I would have to go back and look at tape of Pruitt at FSU and see how he lined up the other 3 D-linemen to determine if he was slipping into a true 4-3 with different gap responsibilities for the down linemen, or if he just did what we did which was a 3-4 most of the time with an OLB on the line rushing from a stand up position.

WD is wasn't referring to the Hybrid 3-4 becoming a 4-3. I believe Pruitt in some games last year ran some actual 4-3's depending on the offense they were facing. Kinda hoping we would incorporate a "true" 4-3 along with the option oriented 3-4.....maybe I read too much into Rocker handling 4 DL instead of 3. Was thinking Pruitt was preparing to add that to our D.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 1 month ago #59268 by Buc

wlayton wrote:

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: Buc, two things.....loved that comment about did CMR send Petrino a box of Valentine candy for hiring CTG.

Also with mentioning Rocker not just coaching the 3 DL (like the DL coach usually does) but 4 makes you think they may play the 4-3 quite a bit this year depending on the offense they are facing. Know Pruitt did just that at FSU even though he's known as a 3-4 guy.

I'm not sure it really means they are going to a 4-3 a lot of the time.. It's just that in the 3-4 scheme that is en vogue now, the OLB rushes about 9 times for every 1 time he drops into coverage. That being said, it might be best to just have him under the wing of the DL coach instead of the LB coach if 90+ percent of the time he is a rusher.

I would have to go back and look at tape of Pruitt at FSU and see how he lined up the other 3 D-linemen to determine if he was slipping into a true 4-3 with different gap responsibilities for the down linemen, or if he just did what we did which was a 3-4 most of the time with an OLB on the line rushing from a stand up position.

WD is wasn't referring to the Hybrid 3-4 becoming a 4-3. I believe Pruitt in some games last year ran some actual 4-3's depending on the offense they were facing. Kinda hoping we would incorporate a "true" 4-3 along with the option oriented 3-4.....maybe I read too much into Rocker handling 4 DL instead of 3. Was thinking Pruitt was preparing to add that to our D.

Have watched a couple of Pruitt's "coach speak" interviews. Don't mean that as a negative, seems to be up front.

Think maybe Pruitt has now seen enough "UGA film" to make a few decisions, meaning the personnel returning. Size might dictate Pruitt using a true 4 man front on occasion or lots of occasions.

One thing that Pruitt said soon after arriving in Athens. "We will play our defensive schemes and use our defensive players ability according to the team we are matched up with from week to week." Makes a lot of sense to me. Sounds like we can be big and bad or be fast and bad. Goes along with what he said . . . . Lots of players playing. It is up to them if they like playing on Saturdays.

FSU did line up and play a true 4 man front, they also will put 8 men in the box. Going to be something to watch in Athens this year. Won't see a lot in the Spring Game, but opening up with Clemson, the folks from South Carolina got a taste of a Pruitt defense in 2013. Just saying. :)

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59269 by Buc
Several on our board have asked about Pruitt's defense. Below is the game against Clemson in 2013. Will help you just a little on the defensive time marks, then you have to go the rest of the way if you want to watch Pruitt's defense. That is fair, I think. :)

Go to the 7:35 mark for FSU defense. After that go to the 13:40 mark for defense. Rest up to you Brothers. :)

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59270 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic So what is it going to be

Dawg With Style wrote: Buc was reading an article about Gurley resting and getting healthy I'm more than fine with that.
They said Gurley could help B.Douglas during spring and chubb and Sony come fall not one word of Thurman.

It want be to long and Thruman will have is own article he's healthy and believe he will move ahead of BD.

Thruman the one who's been watching and learning no reason for him not to have at least 10 too 15 carriers during G- day that's who I'll be watching and of course the Junk yard Dawgs
Cjp is talking about.

If nothing else he Damn sure can get you excited just by talking asked the players they say he's there guy.

There's an article own dawgbytes about Mason
Can't post it from my phone but worth reading.

This will be the RB rotation against clemsup
Gurley-1
if healthy Marshall -2
Surprise SONY -3
Thurman-4
Chubb-5 but he will be coming own

Now I ask how can they have a set RB rotation when 2 of the 5 you posted from the article I presume, (have not read it) have not even had a snap of the football for UGA. I can understand Gurley being #1 and Marshall being #2 if able to go but the other 3 in that rotation have yet to show anything against any competition much less SEC competition. Seems coaches have wishful thinking because where does Mark Weizer get his information...why from the UGA coaches... another question is where does Douglas fit into this...he is not even on the "list" (no mention of him moving to FB btw) and he proved last year that he can play and play hard...already a RB rotation for the first game of the season and we have not even had 1 snap of the ball for the spring practices yet. Give me a break...

thecountrynation.com

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds