Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago #59213 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

Wartdawg wrote: So is Gurley being limited because of need (indicating something wrong) or out of choice (to prevent something going wrong)?

I've pretty much stopped listening to MR. I generally get angry whenever I hear or read what
he has said.

Anyhoo... I'm glad somebody brought up Richt and our O-line situation again. That gets the
board active, as everyone has something to say when that happens, lolol

Wartdawg, haven't been able to understand Richt for some time now. The Gurley question . . . . as confused as anyone on that topic. Do know this . . . . it will be impossible to keep Gurley off of the field. This is his last season at UGA, needs to make that final mark for the pros to look at.

Sometimes I think that some coaches try to be too cute, almost as if they are talking to folks that have never been in the arena.

Will say this about the offensive backfield . . . . there are some very talented young men that don't want to sit on the bench. We have seen that too often in past years.

Think the statement was not too long ago . . . . Richt stay out of the way. Do what you do best at this point. Work hard on the recruiting trail. That is what Bobby Bowden did in his final years. Just saying.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59214 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be

Wartdawg wrote: So is Gurley being limited because of need (indicating something wrong) or out of choice (to prevent something going wrong)?

I've pretty much stopped listening to MR. I generally get angry whenever I hear or read what
he has said.

Anyhoo... I'm glad somebody brought up Richt and our O-line situation again. That gets the
board active, as everyone has something to say when that happens, lolol

I think he is just saying they aren't going to overuse him in spring practice to help prevent injury. He obviously knows the system and they all know what he can do. They will crank him up more in the fall, imo.

Imo that is great news, let the other backs get more reps....Turman, Chubb and Michel. The more reps, the sooner they learn the system and what SEC football is all about.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

More
10 years 1 month ago #59215 by Buc
wlayton posted above:

Imo that is great news, let the other backs get more reps....Turman, Chubb and Michel. The more reps, the sooner they learn the system and what SEC football is all about.

wlayton, hope you are right. Think that you know I am in AJ Turman's camp big time. Chubb and Michel, no questin they need some of that leather that is thrown around on SEC campuses. Not high school. Although that did not seem to bother Gurley. Came in and made history.

Good post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
10 years 1 month ago #59216 by Buc
Little off topic, however we are discussing running backs to a point.

McGarity gave McClendon a raise. From 235,000 to 250,000. Soon that will be topped by another university. Feel it in my bones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
10 years 1 month ago #59217 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be

Buc wrote: Little off topic, however we are discussing running backs to a point.

McGarity gave McClendon a raise. From 235,000 to 250,000. Soon that will be topped by another university. Feel it in my bones.

No doubt.
We got Pruitt for a song, probably because he sees the Ga job as a feather in his cap, on to bigger things.
If we are going to make it to the next level, pay more, demand more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 month ago #59218 by Buc

averagedawg wrote:

Buc wrote: Little off topic, however we are discussing running backs to a point.

No doubt.
We got Pruitt for a song, probably because he sees the Ga job as a feather in his cap, on to bigger things.
If we are going to make it to the next level, pay more, demand more.

College coaches this day and time are no different that professional coaches and players. An example: Nick Saban 7 or so million a year. Mark Richt over 3 million a year.

All anyone on this board and others have to do is check the players being recruited and the young men that come to Athens. McClendon is established, and I guarantee you he along with Mike Bobo as a recruiter, not getting at UGA what others are willing to pay. Kirby Smart for example, over 1 million a year.

averagedawg you are right, Pruitt will be lured away after a short stay in Athens. McClendon, probably his last year in Athens. No fear, we have Mark Richt.

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds