Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago #59253 by Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59256 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic So what is it going to be

Buc wrote:

ogredawg wrote: CMR has said Gurley will be limited in what he can do this spring. CMB has said he is going to push Gurley and needs him to LEAD. Well coaches which is it. Now is not the time to start stumbling and making excuses on the O side of the ball. Reminds me of the pre AM days when nothing but confusion was the norm on the O side of the ball. (sigh)

With that said we will now see if Theus is a Left Tackle, and if Hicks can learn to block, because we all know that Mason needs to have protection with his slow release and no legs...

On a good note the D seems fired up and happy. Time will tell...

ogredawg, moving back to the quarterback position, and I read everything, so . . . .

Now I read that Mike Bobo has said that Hutson Mason needs to work on his footwork. Keeping his feet too close at release. On his tippy-toes.

Here is my question, have not seen it brought up here.

Hutson Mason has been on campus . . . . how long?

Now our Offensive Coordinator says that our starting quarterback for 2014 needs work on his setup. Many years on campus and now I hear that Hutson Mason needs to work on his foot work at release.

What does that say to me? It explains why AM went to the football camps in the summer to better his game. Thought maybe someone here might say something about the Mike Bobo quote.

Not impressed with Bobo's statement on Hutson Mason and foot work. Did Mike Bobo only work with AM? To me, this is a valid question? Say again, why did AM go to camps in Mississippi and Oklahoma for tutoring?

I understand that no one knows everything. My problem is why at the beginning of the 2014 Season is our Offensive Coordinator bringing up a short coming in HM's game? Why in 4 or 5 years was this not addressed? Time for the hard questions on this board. Too much pushing "stuff" aside. Just my opinion.

Coaches make too much money to not have a grip on what they are supposed to do. They should not be "administrators" they are as averagedawg said . . . . paid to be football coaches.

I read that also Buc about HM and his "footwork" yet he has been anointed as the QB for 2014 and "his" time has come. And Bobo is such a great OC and QB builder and now it takes him 4 years to comment that HM has "footwork" issues. Seems he is starting to cover his you know what now that he has lost his meal ticket at QB. If HM starts the season based on "loyalty" we are going to be in big big trouble. Keep covering your a** Bobo...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59260 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
Buc, After going down 24, up 75, up the Ocoee, up the Tocoaa, to home,
Have had time to think, pull a Dooley,
Make Richt AD, hire a new head coach,
I prefer Kirby, because in his heart he will always be a Dawg.
Problems solved!

Buc, You're a genius.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59261 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

averagedawg wrote: Buc, After going down 24, up 75, up the Ocoee, up the Tocoaa, to home,
Have had time to think, pull a Dooley,
Make Richt AD, hire a new head coach,
I prefer Kirby, because in his heart he will always be a Dawg.
Problems solved!

Buc, You're a genius.

Back at you Sir . . . . :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #59262 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

ogredawg wrote: CMR has said Gurley will be limited in what he can do this spring. CMB has said he is going to push Gurley and needs him to LEAD. Well coaches which is it. Now is not the time to start stumbling and making excuses on the O side of the ball. Reminds me of the pre AM days when nothing but confusion was the norm on the O side of the ball. (sigh)

With that said we will now see if Theus is a Left Tackle, and if Hicks can learn to block, because we all know that Mason needs to have protection with his slow release and no legs...

On a good note the D seems fired up and happy. Time will tell...

Quoting ogredawg's thread again. Seems like a good place to talk "Spring Football". Won't have to chase after posts in several different threads.

Saturday morning and thinking about or offense again . . . . Have been hitting the offensive line talk hard for a couple of years, actually longer than that.

Below is a link that really caught my attention. Maybe some have read it already, have not seen it mentioned here.

"What really sticks out in the article?"

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-offen...linemen-spring-2014/

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59263 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic So what is it going to be
Buc was reading an article about Gurley resting and getting healthy I'm more than fine with that.
They said Gurley could help B.Douglas during spring and chubb and Sony come fall not one word of Thurman.

It want be to long and Thruman will have is own article he's healthy and believe he will move ahead of BD.

Thruman the one who's been watching and learning no reason for him not to have at least 10 too 15 carriers during G- day that's who I'll be watching and of course the Junk yard Dawgs
Cjp is talking about.

If nothing else he Damn sure can get you excited just by talking asked the players they say he's there guy.

There's an article own dawgbytes about Mason
Can't post it from my phone but worth reading.

This will be the RB rotation against clemsup
Gurley-1
if healthy Marshall -2
Surprise SONY -3
Thurman-4
Chubb-5 but he will be coming own

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg