Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59226 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic So what is it going to be
Buc McGarity thinks hopes McClendon will stay out of loyalty or McGarity will match any offker that another university offers McClendon.

But who knows what he is thinking.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59227 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

Dawg With Style wrote: Buc McGarity thinks hopes McClendon will stay out of loyalty or McGarity will match any offker that another university offers McClendon.

But who knows what he is thinking.

Dawg With Style, you are correct.

grantham in his opening video interview in Louisville made one statement that comes back to me. He said that he was glad to be with an Athletic Director that moves forward and looks into the future of the football program. Appears that grantham knew some things about our Athletic Director that never gets out into the open. Whether we liked grantham or not, seems his spoken word on that subject is factual.

Richt mentions gaining 40 pounds, that comes from sitting behind a desk many times and not pushing away from the dinner table.

Pruitt and his group hit the floor running. Not more than three years from now, he will hit the floor running again at another university. That will be after McClendon has signed on with another SEC school.

Like grantham said, some AD's look into the future, we do not have one of those. UGA and others fixing to pull in huge dollars from the new SEC Network. Gives McGarity more money to stash. He seems to forget that football is the main revenue source, the source that allows money to be used for the other sports. Sad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, Dawg With Style

More
10 years 1 month ago #59229 by Buc
Roaming around the internet, came up on this article. Some probably have read this already.

Notice the "name" of the coach in the article that is on top of keeping a heads up on Seymour. Same coach that got that "huge" raise from McGarity. Wow.

recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/03/05/update-on-uga-2015-commit/

More
10 years 1 month ago #59233 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
Kinda reminds me of the feds.
People at the top play the system, make the big $s.
People who do all the work either get the shaft, or too often, get sucked into the "do enough to get by" syndrome.

If college football is a big business, then by Golly, it should be managed that way.
There should be no tenure for the coaches.
Produce or leave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
10 years 1 month ago #59237 by Buc
A lot has been said by me and others about Isaiah Crowell. Excited about his choosing UGA and then the disappointment afterwards.

Point I am trying to make is a simple one . . . . Who is it that is really trying to get these young men to take the right path? I hear a lot of living room talk that seems to always go to Richt and his personal feelings for the young recruits. How he will help them make it through the University of Georgia. Some of that is probably on the mark. However, the name McClendon continues to pop up in many areas.

What the heck. McClendon received a title (business card) and a HUGE RAISE from McGarity. What is wrong with this picture?

Picked up the following from the internet. Again, notice the coach that is spending time with IC and sitting with him after coming to UGA.

Further, Crowell developed a reputation as a troubled young man instigating drama within the team. In reality, his freshman year was plagued by turmoil as he dealt with the death of two loved ones, his nephew and a close friend. He was also coming to grips with becoming a father.

Crowell said these challenges weren’t lost on the Georgia coaching staff, particularly running backs coach (and his lead recruiter per 247Sports) Bryan McClendon. “I really couldn’t focus on football. He could always see it on my face,” Isaiah said. “He’d always talk to me after the meetings and stuff and just ask, ‘What’s wrong? What’s going on?’ And we’d go talk for 30 minutes just about what was going on with me.”

Scrooge McDuck shows up again, and the final outcome with McClendon will show its face much too soon I fear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
10 years 1 month ago #59238 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
This from someone who's done business with McClendon,
"the nicest guy you will ever meet."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds