Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago #59239 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
Having run my own business and worked for others, I see things from both perspectives.

Being an employee,I was always hesitant to ask for a raise, figured my worth would warrant compensation.
There were times when I was offered substantial raises to go work for someone else.
Inevitably my leaving would produce the same response, "Why didn't you ask for more money?"
My answer was always the same, "If you didn't see my worth then, why should I bother with you now."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59240 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic So what is it going to be

wlayton wrote: Buc, two things.....loved that comment about did CMR send Petrino a box of Valentine candy for hiring CTG.

Also with mentioning Rocker not just coaching the 3 DL (like the DL coach usually does) but 4 makes you think they may play the 4-3 quite a bit this year depending on the offense they are facing. Know Pruitt did just that at FSU even though he's known as a 3-4 guy.

I'm not sure it really means they are going to a 4-3 a lot of the time.. It's just that in the 3-4 scheme that is en vogue now, the OLB rushes about 9 times for every 1 time he drops into coverage. That being said, it might be best to just have him under the wing of the DL coach instead of the LB coach if 90+ percent of the time he is a rusher.

I would have to go back and look at tape of Pruitt at FSU and see how he lined up the other 3 D-linemen to determine if he was slipping into a true 4-3 with different gap responsibilities for the down linemen, or if he just did what we did which was a 3-4 most of the time with an OLB on the line rushing from a stand up position.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59248 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
Back to the McClendon, McGarity football budget thing,
Nick Saban tells the University of Alabama what he wants and gets it, including a pool with a waterfall.
My Gosh, we don't even have an indoor practice facility.
Fire McGarity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59249 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
averagedawg, in another post you positioned our head coach as "administrator". That has been in my head since I read the post. So damn true. Believe the "administrator" has finally found his spot in Athens.

So, that leads to this . . . . do we need both McGarity and Richt? If I had to choose at this point, it would be to retain Richt. Coaches come to him and tell him what they want to move the program foward. Suggesting to McGarity is like talking to Scrooge McDuck. Amazing what a little "power" does to folks.

$15,000 raise for McClendon. Started to say that it embarrasses me, actually it just goes to show why Alabama and LSU and now Auburn move forward. If I remember correctly, AM was a stout supporter of a "indoor facility".

UGA wants to get out of the middle of the pack in the SEC, or make the final four, some serious changes need to be made. Some folks not saying anything here, but a couple of years from now when Jones is released from Tennessee and Pruitt takes over, the howling will start.

Looking at our program, talking to a few folks that I have great respect for . . . . most believe that Richt will leave when forced to do so. Anyone believe that McGarity would do that? Would be a toss up if the "group" had to choose which to release.

Maybe our head coach would move some of his coins over to our newly appointed "head of recruiting". For damn sure the money is far from being equal when looking at the overall picture.

Anyone that doubts for a minute that Jeremy Pruitt is not on a mission . . . . we are probably closer to that conversation than many might think. In Tallahassee it was known that he was a short timer there. Why would he stay with a middle of the road SEC team as Defensive Coordinator? Just asking. Seems to be a lot of silence on this board again, guess folks will chatter when Spring Football starts.

Mentioned Alabama, LSU and Auburn above. Tennessee is ready for a head coach like Pruitt. Don't be surprised when Pruitt lands in Knoxville. They have money and they love football.

Raise your hand if you think that Jeremy Pruitt will stay in Athens and work under our "administrator" for a long period.

Many folks in the college football world are "aware" of Jeremy Pruitt. Why would Pruitt stay in a job that is paying him less than a million when he can move on and make "several million". Beginning to get my drift? Scrooge McDuck has shown his colors. Bye bye Pruitt.

Just saying . . . .

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59250 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: CMR has said Gurley will be limited in what he can do this spring. CMB has said he is going to push Gurley and needs him to LEAD. Well coaches which is it. Now is not the time to start stumbling and making excuses on the O side of the ball. Reminds me of the pre AM days when nothing but confusion was the norm on the O side of the ball. (sigh)

With that said we will now see if Theus is a Left Tackle, and if Hicks can learn to block, because we all know that Mason needs to have protection with his slow release and no legs...

On a good note the D seems fired up and happy. Time will tell...

ogredawg, moving back to the quarterback position, and I read everything, so . . . .

Now I read that Mike Bobo has said that Hutson Mason needs to work on his footwork. Keeping his feet too close at release. On his tippy-toes.

Here is my question, have not seen it brought up here.

Hutson Mason has been on campus . . . . how long?

Now our Offensive Coordinator says that our starting quarterback for 2014 needs work on his setup. Many years on campus and now I hear that Hutson Mason needs to work on his foot work at release.

What does that say to me? It explains why AM went to the football camps in the summer to better his game. Thought maybe someone here might say something about the Mike Bobo quote.

Not impressed with Bobo's statement on Hutson Mason and foot work. Did Mike Bobo only work with AM? To me, this is a valid question? Say again, why did AM go to camps in Mississippi and Oklahoma for tutoring?

I understand that no one knows everything. My problem is why at the beginning of the 2014 Season is our Offensive Coordinator bringing up a short coming in HM's game? Why in 4 or 5 years was this not addressed? Time for the hard questions on this board. Too much pushing "stuff" aside. Just my opinion.

Coaches make too much money to not have a grip on what they are supposed to do. They should not be "administrators" they are as averagedawg said . . . . paid to be football coaches.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59251 by Buc
I go to the link below, as many do. Ever notice the hits on all other sports compared to UGA football hits?

Do the "administrators" not understand where the "bread is buttered"? Or are they so sure of themselves that it can be business as usual? Just asking.

Realize that many here don't want to get involved with conversations like this. Some say it is just repeating what has been said over and over.

To that I say, has the language changed coming out of Athens in x number of years? Two National Championships since the early 1940's. Anything need to change, or "business as usual". My right to ask.

Evidence is supported by the site and the hits.

www.thedawgbone.com/

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds