Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago #59219 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
Richt said this about McClendon . . . .

“Hey, this guy is a heck of a recruiter, isn’t he?” coach Mark Richt told Georgia fans when ushering McClendon over to answer a question late morning in the Butts-Mehre Building.

Makes me want to throw up.

Pulled the above from the link below. There is more, if you folks are up to reading it.

McGarity, you stink.

dogbytesonline.com/uga-football-notebook...top-recruiter-81066/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59220 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic So what is it going to be

wlayton wrote:

I think he is just saying they aren't going to overuse him in spring practice to help prevent injury. He obviously knows the system and they all know what he can do. They will crank him up more in the fall, imo.

Imo that is great news, let the other backs get more reps....Turman, Chubb and Michel. The more reps, the sooner they learn the system

So in other words... especially with our depth... he is stating the obvious. Thanks for the breaking news, "coach" MR. I'm glad he cleared that common sense up for me.

All I need to know is that it isn't because of some lingering injury issue, and I'm good.
:)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
10 years 1 month ago #59221 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be
Buc, two things.....loved that comment about did CMR send Petrino a box of Valentine candy for hiring CTG.

Also with mentioning Rocker not just coaching the 3 DL (like the DL coach usually does) but 4 makes you think they may play the 4-3 quite a bit this year depending on the offense they are facing. Know Pruitt did just that at FSU even though he's known as a 3-4 guy.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 1 month ago #59222 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
Don't take this the wrong way, purely as a selfish fan.

It's good Pruitt has no children.
No secret that coaches like Richt for allowing them ample "family Time."
I get the feeling Pruitt's "family time" is coaching.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59223 by Buc
wlayton, looking at the "new hire" up front, not much to be disappointed about.

Allow me to define the above statement.

Pruitt came to Athens, Will Friend loaned him a basement to call his temporary home.

Not sure he had time to change his shorts. Went to work. That in my opinion has been a "word" foreign to the long standing coaching cycle in Athens. That statement is not pointed at Mark Richt alone. All any of us need to do is walk back through the years, and yes that includes even before the last National Championship.

I mean the following sincerely.

The University of Georgia's leadership has been nothing short of dismal when looking at the football program. I had hoped and said on this board that I hoped McGarity returning to Athens would be the change needed to move the Red and Black forward.

What we got was some of the past, moved into the present. Truthfully, nothing has changed in Athens with the exception of a defensive coordinator coming in and saving jobs in the Classic City.

Every year about this time, the followers of UGA football become full of piss and vinegar, going to show the world. The only change that I can see in Athens is the defense being headed by a young coach that "understands" what has to be done to move the football team forward. Pruitt can only "manage" the defense. Outside of that, someone needs to school me on what has changed.

Those that run the program are in place and will remain there.

Would love to fall in line and "believe" that all is ok. Not so, from where I sit.

We have talent in Athens. If we guage that talent by stars, then what the hell happened to our middle of the road stance in the SEC? That is exactly where we are, middle of the SEC.

Going into 2014 and we don't have a head coach and offensive coordinator on the same page. Not the first time. Still shifting players around, as we have done for years.

Did not mean to go on this tirade, just truthfully fed up with what I have witnessed for more years than most folks ages on this board and others.

Let us see what happens when McClendon leaves UGA and signs on with either Auburn or Alabama or . . . . Tennessee, or . . . .

Sometimes my mind takes me away from thoughts on a thread. I am totally and genuinely pissed at what I saw coming from McGarity today. He and Richt are on the same page. Someone has to explain to me why Richt makes 3+ million dollars after 13 years. Someone has to explain to me why McGarity is the Athletic Director and gives the top recruiter in the nation a 15,000 dollar raise. Ready for this . . . . the same McClendon that kicked Jeremy Pruitt's butt in recruiting in Florida and Georgia. Don't believe that, do your homework folks. Don't just type and make believe you understand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
10 years 1 month ago #59224 by Buc
Thank you averagedawg. I know that you understand. Too bad that some others don't know the depth of your understanding. Many don't know that you are closer to the program than 99% of us. Thank you.

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds