Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59292 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be
Buc, scares me to death putting Theus at LT. HM had better put his head on a swivel, put on 30 lbs, and wear 2 flak jackets.

Imo Theus is NOT a LT....he was only average at RT on a good day!! :ohmy:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59293 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
My greatest fear is mid season we're talking offensive schemes to compensate for pitiful OL play.
With Gurley, a healthy Marshall, the pups and a healthy receiving corps, we should never be talking compensating schemes.
Joe Cox could win with that group and a good OL.

Same stupid thing every frigging year, offensive line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59295 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
wlayton have read several remarks concerning Kublanow on the internet. This last article I picked up from SBNation floored me.

If I had seen anyone that I thought was a better offensive lineman (guard) than Brandon, would not have a problem with that. Have yet to see that, and I suspect I have watched as much game film as anyone. Being retired, I do that.

Would be hard for me to believe that Kublanow was not giving full effort. He is not built that way. Also hard for me to believe that Will Friend would not play him on the first unit because of a symptom such as the one that grantham had . . . . playing favorites. Don't think that is in Will Friend's makeup.

wlayton, who the hell knows . . . . There will be a lot of chatter when spring football starts. New quarterback, unsettled offensive line, regardless of what was in the SBNation article, mentioning the supposed starting group. We are what we are.

Looking more and more like a 4/3 or variation thereof to me . . . . Personally have always liked the 4/3. Down the line against Auburn, better have some run stoppers.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59298 by wlayton
I have always liked the 4-3 as well Buc.

Believe in the old adage of "run the ball and stop the run". Certainly fine with mixing in the 3-4......imo, simply depends on the offense we are playing against.

I remember my guy here in the office telling me that the Bolles coaches said Theus as a freshman wasn't close to being ready to start at UGA. Said he needed a lot more strength training, especially in the upper body....and it showed his freshman year in a big way. Not only was he beaten several time, he didn't even touch the guy. I'm sure he's much stronger now but still don't think he is quick enough or strong enough for LT in the SEC.

Sure like the kid and his competiveness but skills DO come into play in this league.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 2 months ago #59299 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

wlayton wrote: I have always liked the 4-3 as well Buc.

Believe in the old adage of "run the ball and stop the run". Certainly fine with mixing in the 3-4......imo, simply depends on the offense we are playing against.

I remember my guy here in the office telling me that the Bolles coaches said Theus as a freshman wasn't close to being ready to start at UGA. Said he needed a lot more strength training, especially in the upper body....and it showed his freshman year in a big way. Not only was he beaten several time, he didn't even touch the guy. I'm sure he's much stronger now but still don't think he is quick enough or strong enough for LT in the SEC.

Sure like the kid and his competiveness but skills DO come into play in this league.

Perfect post wlayton. Too much hype is placed on these young pups. I doubt not that Theus wants to play. Probably this year will be his best. Would much rather see him at the guard position on one side and Kublanow on the other. Theus will get beaten, just as you describe it above, he just cannot do anything about that.

More
10 years 2 months ago #59300 by wlayton
Thanks Buc. Funny you say that about Theus, my guy/friend here in the office said the same thing about Theus when he was a freshman....that he would be better at guard in his opinion too.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds