Forum

Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

7 years 7 months ago #74503 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Success doesn't build character adversity does. CKS is changing the mindset of the team. Let's see where it goes. Even though we won this game it felt like I was kicked in the gut. I have no idea what happened with the O line today but if we believe in these coaches like we have said let's try to be thankful for the win and trust that this game will be used as a teaching tool for years to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74504 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Not taking away from the poor play of the pups today, give a little credit to Nicholls. Maybe they have historically been an awful team. Maybe they will be next week. But today, they looked pretty good, especially in the front seven.

Also mark of true freshman... if Chigbu catches the long pass and we score again there, does game go more to expectations. Eason seemed to cool down as game wore on. Needs to learn focus for four quarters. Liked the laser throws, however.

Move forward. Learn. Do. No excuses.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74505 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
and ai have little doubt they will move forward.

Maybe this game was a good thing, as I don't think they go into their first SEC game overconfident.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74507 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.

Wartdawg wrote: and ai have little doubt they will move forward.

Maybe this game was a good thing, as I don't think they go into their first SEC game overconfident.

Those were Kirby's exact postgame on-field comments to the sideline sports babe.

As far as chest pounding and fire, I'm all for it. Keep it coming. I had to endure 15 years of watch a statue on thorazine coach on the sidelines and I'm not about to even think of calling for Kirby to reduce his fire and energy. Nor am I questioning Kirby. One thing we have to understand is that no matter how seasoned of a coach he is, he is still new. He made the comment that it was "weird" last week and that he was trying to figure out the headset and how to talk to the right person. There are growing pains associated with a freshman head coach just as there is with a freshman quarterback. Let's not lose perspective here. Yes, it was Nicholls. Yes...it..was...Nicholls. Let's see what kind of teachable moment this is for both Kirby and his pups. This game does not affect my confidence in him at all, not even a bit. He has to take his lumps too.

Keeping that perspective in mind, there was absolutely no reason nor excuse for what happened with Georgia today. This was a meltdown of ineptitude of Biblical proportions. With the way the offensive and defensive lines of Nicholls were playing, I was ready to offer scholarships to both of those lines and rescind the scholarships for our lines. I'm at a loss for words in terms of how bad the line play was. Now I think we see in real life why CSP and CJC were so vocal in practice this week. Now I think we also see why Kirby's first concern was with our lines.

Chigbu's dropped passes were unacceptable. Lines didn't create any chance for Nick to do much of anything. Sony Michel looked flat. The only bright spots were Isiah McKenzie and the defense at times. Eason made good strides, had moments of promise, but he's certainly a freshman and we have to accept that. Keep Lambert on the sideline. Stop this two QB charade. Pick a horse and put a saddle on it.

Play calling on offense was bland, boring, and predictable. No adjustments were made at the half and I think that disappointed me the most. I also am disappointed in the fans in the stands. The only thing quieter than Sanford Stadium was a funeral home when the corpse arrives. What a complete joke. When I can hear the stadium announcer calling the game through my television, that tells me something is wrong. Was this an SEC stadium or was this a high school JV game on Thursday night?

The only good thing I can say about this game is that it's over. We got a W. But that's it.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74508 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
That game was exactly what was feared, you're going to win no matter how soft you play cause they are that bad, so don't get hurt cause we're going to need you later, and oh by the way these guys are not as big and bad as you are so dont hit them hard cause you might hurt them. They read the fish wrappers!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
7 years 7 months ago #74509 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
I am definitely all in with the coaching staff and believe in them 100% and think we will see a bounce back in intensity...I'm just thinking I'd like to see the intensity on the field during the week, getting the team focused,. Truly seeing this as a wake up call.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds