Forum

Monday: Auburn Game Week -- Muschamp Again . . . .

8 years 5 months ago #70662 by thriller
If I'm typing something stupid, please don't hesitate to call me out on this, but . . .

I keep looking at the results, and I can't see where our defense has been THAT bad. We gave up 27 points to the Gay-tors, but some of those points had nothing to do with the defense. In fact, the only game where I thought our defense didn't play that well was Alabama. Against the Vols, they always seemed to be on the field with their backs against the wall.

On the other hand, we only put up a measly 3 points against the Gay-tors and failed to score a TD against Missouri, and we don't even have a QB.

Is it just me - or is talk of getting rid of the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR aimed in the wrong direction? If there is something I've missed out on, please educate me on this one. Seriously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, Wartdawg, growl, ReservoirDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70663 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Monday: Auburn Game Week -- Muschamp Again . . . .
Nope, you're dead on. You cannot expect your team to get a W when the defense is on the field over 75% of the game. Eventually, they do get worn down.

My take is, if there was any "hub bub" between the coordinators it was Pruitt telling Schotty to get his shizzle together because the defense can't carry the team by itself.

If they're talking about whacking Pruitt. It would be the dumbest thing I've seen during the Richt Regime. Well, other than the "squib kick" of course. :sick:

DM<
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70664 by Wartdawg

thriller wrote:
Is it just me - or is talk of getting rid of the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR aimed in the wrong direction? If there is something I've missed out on, please educate me on this one. Seriously.

I have worked in marketing for a number of years and I have always had a saying..

When sales are down, salesmen always fire bullets AT inventory and pricing. The gun is never aimed at themselves.

Talk of getting rid of our DC is a desperate man backed up into a corner firing shots at the only available target where the bullets wont bounce off and come back at him.

That can be Mark Richt doing the shooting, or McGarity and Morehead... take your pick, it's applicable to all of them.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, growl

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70665 by averagedawg
It creates dissension.
For one who espouses team unity, his actions contradict that.
I have heard that Pruett has approached McGarity about the hc position.
Just a rumor I suppose...
Or maybe Richt's days are numbered.
One can hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #70666 by dawgs_fans_dad

thriller wrote: Is it just me - or is talk of getting rid of the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR aimed in the wrong direction? If there is something I've missed out on, please educate me on this one. Seriously.

Not just you. Decent SEC and National numbers across the board, including #1 in the SEC in pass defense w/a young secondary. Pruitt's the best non-player addition to this team in the relatively short time that I have been paying attention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 5 months ago #70667 by Buc
I believe this averagedawg.

If for some reason Richt leaves, regardless of reason, Pruitt would not remain as defensive coordinator.

Only way that Pruitt would stay . . . . in my opinion would be Kirby Smart as the new head coach. That also is a maybe.

Wartdawg mentioned marketing numbers basically above. Pruitt is putting a product on the field that is not only recognized as an improvement in Athens, it is a vast improvement, based on player "speak".

One of the major problems with our program has been a lack of getting a message across to the players. Too much friendship can and will destroy a team, just as a lack of understanding by those in charge can destroy a group not totally bonded.

Champ Bailey said it was time for a change in Athens. He was referring to the head coach. What better source than Champ to "step up" and say that?

Pruitt worked for Saban, Fisher, now Richt. Regardless of what anyone thinks, I feel it is time for a head coach with a defensive background leading our young men. Right now, Pruitt is very high on my list. One thing for sure . . . . he does not play favorites, and that has not been the case in Athens for too long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, averagedawg, growl

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds